Notices

23,000 miles and need new trans

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
I meant... relatively easy.

Right now, very few people will even touch these transmissions. In the future, I hope there are options other than the Stealerships. That's what I meant by easy.
LOL yea TheSin is the only person with ***** to open the tranny so far, i give him props. I'm pretty sure in the future once tuners learn more about it then we will see some "easier" methods to upgrade it. But who knows when that will be
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
A lot of people got very personal when I suggested it was going to have growing pains.
Tru but like Idrive said, it doesn't apply to all transmission just like a "certain" problem didn't apply to all of a "particular" vehicle. (Not tryin to start anything, i'm jus saying)
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
Tru but like Idrive said, it doesn't apply to all transmission just like a "certain" problem didn't apply to all of a "particular" vehicle. (Not tryin to start anything, i'm jus saying)
True, I doubt all or even a large percentage will die like this but I'm sure we're all aware of how many tuners have hit the proverbial wall with the transmission.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

True, I doubt all or even a large percentage will die like this but I'm sure we're all aware of how many tuners have hit the proverbial wall with the transmission.
exactly why im keeping it within that 270-290WHP daily driver range.
My Evo will come soon enough, lol
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Sure because its new technology. Even tuners have budgets.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

That's why I think a manual version would a very smart decision for Mitsubishi.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Right but if ur really gonna be going pas 350 lb-ft torque then might as well jus gone for an Evo. right AMS is at 370+HP with 300 lb ft @ the wheels running 12's i think that sufficient enough for the RA. Especially with the TC-SST.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Have to wait and see how long that lasts.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Have to wait and see how long that lasts.
We will
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

I thought I read somewhere that the reason for using the TC-SST in the Ralliarts was in order to offset the cost of using them in the EVO MR. My guess is that Mitsubishi knew that offering a manual transmission version of the Ralliart would have cut into sales of the Ralliart with the TC-SST, and as a result, they still wouldn't be selling enough of the transmissions to make it cost effective. From what I've read, if they do offer the 2011 Ralliart, it will come with the option of manual, but the version with the TC-SST would still be aggressively priced (within $1,500 of the RA with manual). All of this would make sense if Mitsubishi is anticipating that the public will start warming up to the TC-SST, so the option of a manual at that point won't be too devastating to TC-SST equiped RA sales.

Just some rambling thoughts.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

That's the problem though, they're basically cramming the TC-SST down your throat. If you want a manual, you're stuck with the Evo or another company entirely.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerdave86
So i was able to bring in my Ralliart into with the dealer for my service engine light being on.... they did a scan and found that 5th and 6th gear were locking up. After 2 days of the mitsu engineers goin over the printouts and the statements from me. They decided to send new trans out. Hopefully this cures the
problem.
This sucks! Did you use your transmission mainly as an automatic or did you use it more as a manual in manual mode? I drive mine mainly as a manual in manual mode so I'm sure I'm harder on the transmission. I mean when you leave it in normal auto mode it's in 6th gear at 40mph. This really concerns me but I guess it's still under warranty so Mitsu needs to take care of it. Let us know how you make out at the dealer!!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boondoc
LOL yea TheSin is the only person with ***** to open the tranny so far, i give him props. I'm pretty sure in the future once tuners learn more about it then we will see some "easier" methods to upgrade it. But who knows when that will be
P.S.- You're making me wish I would have bought something other than a Mitsubishi. This has been my first and maybe my last after all the **** I've gone through with the dealer and now a possible candy *** transmission
Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Don't worry, the X GSR has transmission troubles itself, so it is no godsend.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone had the chance to stop for a moment and ask the OP his driving methods?

It's not always the tranny's fault; I know the first tranny that blew on the RA (that I know of... round here) was not the tranny's fault (but thats another subject);

Not to point any fingers at Lancerdave (the OP) but he only mentioned what happened with the tranny after 23,000 miles, he didn't say if he was soft or harsh on it.

Quick Reply: 23,000 miles and need new trans