Notices

ecu flash

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ecu flash

Well im new to this community. I have a 2009 ralliart and im about to get it ecu flashed. i need help guys please which way do i go cause i hear about ttp and ams. Which one do i pick? which has more hp gains? which is better ttp or ams. Ams has the boost pill and send it in thru the mail but ttp has the email flash and u have to buy the cable. Do i get better hp gain with a boost pill and a ttp flash or without. well im so confused and i just need some guidence. the most replys would help me and ams and ttp i still love both of yall even if i dont pick one of yall. thanks guys
Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:23 AM
Account Disabled

What we can tell you is that we have tons of experience tuning the Ralliart 2009. We have tuned hundreds so far, including the Lancer Sportback, both USDM and many international Ralliarts overseas.

The boost pill is optional. You can either buy one of those, use no pill, or remove the stock pill on the boost solenoid side of the vacuum lines.

You can expect 40-55whp gains on the top end when the proper boost level is achieved.

Let us know if there are any more questions we can answer for you or PM TTP Engineering.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

I prefer AMS, but..

both are good for tuning the ecu.
Id say whoever you live closer to.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 09:29 AM

My brother and I will be hitting up TTP near the end of the month (although they don't know it yet) with our Ralliarts. They are just a few hours away from us.

From what I have gathered via researching the last few weeks is that either company is a great option.

TTP seems to do a great job of taking your factory flash and tweaking it for your specific circumstance which should almost always yield better gains over a standard non-situational tune.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

yep still loving my tune by TTP.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JONralli09
yep still loving my tune by TTP.
Yep, me too.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:26 PM

in order to save me an anxiety attack, please all wait till september to discuss TTP's tuning services, k tx bye

lol
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JCGator42
My brother and I will be hitting up TTP near the end of the month (although they don't know it yet) with our Ralliarts. They are just a few hours away from us.

From what I have gathered via researching the last few weeks is that either company is a great option.

TTP seems to do a great job of taking your factory flash and tweaking it for your specific circumstance which should almost always yield better gains over a standard non-situational tune.
We do now...
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by IdriveRA
I prefer AMS, but..

both are good for tuning the ecu.
Id say whoever you live closer to.
Our Ralliart tunes on stock cars run 13.2-13.3 @ 102-104mph.

I know you originally purchased the ZChip for Ralliart from us before reflashing was available, however the market is constantly changing with new cars and new technology.

You might want to check our flash products.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

I know you originally purchased the ZChip for Ralliart from us before reflashing was available, however the market is constantly changing with new cars and new technology.

TTP ftw, I should be ordering your email flash within the next month and I was wondering if I got the boost pill how would that benefit since in another thread i read the boost pill does not add more horse power.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by chubbs488
TTP ftw, I should be ordering your email flash within the next month and I was wondering if I got the boost pill how would that benefit since in another thread i read the boost pill does not add more horse power.
It can only add more power if the boost control is maxed out and the pill provides the ability to achieve the proper boost level. The same thing can be accomplished with TTP boost hose, or removing a pill in the line to the stock solenoid or introducing a controlled leak in the boost control solenoid line from the wga.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

nice, you got a timeslip for that? So far I think Im the only one with an official 13.5 timeslip (just tune).
Would like to see another. and i'm not talking about the dyno 1/4's, the actual dragslips.

Last edited by GiLizILL; Aug 15, 2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

I've got a stock car with just a tune, and there is no way in hell that im getting 13.2-13.3

If I were to guess, I would say 13.8
Old Aug 15, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RotorGlow
I've got a stock car with just a tune, and there is no way in hell that im getting 13.2-13.3

If I were to guess, I would say 13.8

sounds about right,
AMS's car had
an AMS test pipe, AMS UICP/FMIC combo, AMS upgraded BOV, AMS Ralliart Intake kit, AMS Flash and boost pill

and that car was running 12.9-13.1 @ 102-104.
Which sounds about right too.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 06:45 PM

I have a Ivey tune he is N.j car runs good no problems. I ran the car today in the hot heat i got 13.9 just a flash.