Notices

Idle jumping issue :thumbdown

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JCGator42
sorry to stray off topic, but isn't this illegal? by law you are allowed to modify your car. A dealership can only deny service if the part installed caused the problem and is not OEM or OEM-aftermarket and OEM/dealer installed.

Whatta crock of ****,

back on topic,

I did not experience this issue at all today even in neutral, must be a vaccuum issue,

- JCC
Good point u can do whatever u want with your car but they dont like when u mess with the ECU and if they feel like it they can void your warranty. This is what i was told. brakes, suspension, wearable items is fine but messing with the emissions is the problem.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boondoc
...a brand new 2010 GTR pulled up everyone at the dealership stopped wat they were doin to check it out. The multi-system computer is bad ***, it shows everything. They guy paid $90K+ with the premium pkg. One day when the moon, sun and all the planets align i will get one, lol.

December 2012. Your day is soon.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by toredefine
December 2012. Your day is soon.
I'll see if i can outrun water,
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Got this checked today and it wasn't leaving any codes so i guess its jus one of those weird things the car does apart from making all the click clack tranny noises. Better to be safe than sorry.

Incase some ppl didn't know the like a manual transmission the clutches aren't covered under the powertrain. So gotta start saving now. God knows those things must be $$$$$$$$$$$
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
if no hard codes were thrown, and no modifications done to the car, sounds like the cooling fans were on when you came to the stop and then shut off while the car was stopped causing the rpm drop, and since it was the fans turning off you didnt notice any noise or anything after the rpm drop. usually we get complaints of clicking from customers followed by an rpm increase, most noticably at stop lights and drive-thru's, since when the car is sitting it heats up and the fans kick on which some people arent used to hearing maybe? just sounds like you may have experienced the opposite of that and not even realized it.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boondoc
One day when the moon, sun and all the planets align i will get one, lol.
That same day I'll get me either a GT2 or a GT3RS and own you at the track
Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
if no hard codes were thrown, and no modifications done to the car, sounds like the cooling fans were on when you came to the stop and then shut off while the car was stopped causing the rpm drop, and since it was the fans turning off you didnt notice any noise or anything after the rpm drop. usually we get complaints of clicking from customers followed by an rpm increase, most noticably at stop lights and drive-thru's, since when the car is sitting it heats up and the fans kick on which some people arent used to hearing maybe? just sounds like you may have experienced the opposite of that and not even realized it.
Hmmmmm...........maybe. As longs as my car doesn't blow up i dont care.....atleast not with me in it, lol.

Originally Posted by jazket
That same day I'll get me either a GT2 or a GT3RS and own you at the track
Then i'll call HKS up get the GT570 Package and wave back at you while entering a corner in auto mode, , still pay less money.

I will admit though i never really cared too much for Porsche until last year at the resort where i use to work a guest had a green GT3RS, it was the 1st thing i saw when i was walkin out to leave and i swear i almost came on myself. I had to take pics. The ppl there were rich and the cars they had made me wish i was a valet.