Notices

Idle jumping issue :thumbdown

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idle jumping issue :thumbdown

Ok today i was waiting at a long light so i put the car in 'N'. As soon as i did that i felt the car sputter and looked at my RPM's and it started to jump 500 RPM to 750 RPM and i think dipped below 500 a few times. I put it back in D then back to N and it was normal. This hasn't been the 1st time though. it happend during the break in period so i jus over looked it thinkin it was part of the process (my 1st new car). The car is at 4600+ miles no mod or reflash. I'll be taking it to the dealer on Monday but i want to know if anyone has experienced this or heard anything (bad cams, fuel system error, etc).
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

yeah it has happened a few times.. i just tap the throttle and it will settle fine..
Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jyrk
yeah it has happened a few times.. i just tap the throttle and it will settle fine..
Yes its an easy temporary fix but i dont want it happening at all
Old Aug 16, 2009, 08:04 AM

weird, I haven't noticed this, but I have never tossed it in neutral either, I will check it out and report back,

- JCC
Old Aug 16, 2009, 09:28 AM
Account Disabled

a 250 rpm jump is little or nothing to be worried about.

there is no point beyond that that you should have it in neutral as it is.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

It was probably just a clutch engaging on an accessory like the AC. I had it happen in my 03 Cav alot when I would sit at a light with the clutch pushed in. I don't think its anything to worry about, but I guess better safe than sorry.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JCGator42
weird, I haven't noticed this, but I have never tossed it in neutral either, I will check it out and report back,

- JCC
Alright thanx.

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
It was probably just a clutch engaging on an accessory like the AC. I had it happen in my 03 Cav alot when I would sit at a light with the clutch pushed in. I don't think its anything to worry about, but I guess better safe than sorry.
Could be. I will still take it tomorrow just in case.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:51 AM

hello
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had this happen a few times also. It seems to be only if the weather is hot. I noticed that the AFR is very rich when it was happening (low 10s). Not sure if this is a cause or effect.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

^ It was actually cool (very rare in SFL) yesterday. As a matter of fact it was raining.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:31 AM

^ it's either 95 degrees out or raining, we don't get any in betweens
Old Aug 16, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Had the same issue. vaccum hose came loose, simple fix.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Had same issue, thought it was a vacuum leak as well; turned out to be a small fix needed in AMS flash; Haven't dealt with it yet but it hasn't happened after I installed their upper pipe and Evo X FMCI :-X weird stuff
Old Aug 17, 2009, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Could be the vacuum. I went today it was a bit late so i have to go back tomorrow. I'm cool with the service manger so i asked him about doin light mods and he showed me the memo that Mitsu sent about that kind of stuff. The RA and Evo basically have the spotlight on them. The lower Lancers can be over looked because they dont need to be reflashed. But their system now picks up when something has been changed in the ECU (AFR, etc). He wouldn't mind me doin things but the regional manager looks at alot of the stuff and if he catches it then we both will be in trouble. He said someone in a V6 eclipse had an exhaust and tried to bypass the 02 sensor and the regional manager saw it, took pics of the car and sent it to every Mitsu dealer so no more warranty work for that guy.

On another note i ran into a friend of mine while i was there and we started talkin about the maintenance on a GTR (brake service=10g's O_O!!!) and speak of the devil a brand new 2010 GTR pulled up everyone at the dealership stopped wat they were doin to check it out. The multi-system computer is bad ***, it shows everything. They guy paid $90K+ with the premium pkg. One day when the moon, sun and all the planets align i will get one, lol.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by boondoc
He said someone in a V6 eclipse had an exhaust and tried to bypass the 02 sensor and the regional manager saw it, took pics of the car and sent it to every Mitsu dealer so no more warranty work for that guy.
sorry to stray off topic, but isn't this illegal? by law you are allowed to modify your car. A dealership can only deny service if the part installed caused the problem and is not OEM or OEM-aftermarket and OEM/dealer installed.

Whatta crock of ****,

back on topic,

I did not experience this issue at all today even in neutral, must be a vaccuum issue,

- JCC

Quick Reply: Idle jumping issue :thumbdown