Notices

Lightspeed innovations Custom tune

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:43 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the tune is through the dealer, so if something is wrong, it will get fixed.

there is no negative on its performance, runs so effing smooth, but that noise is always there!

this morning when i started him up, it wasnt there for the first 35-40 seconds and then it just started out of no where... like its a broken fan shroud or something, but this noise is near the firewall, so how is that possible?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:33 AM

^ weird, I would take it in just in case there is some kind of problem with something else, if no CEL has popped it could be something loose, but yeah doesn't make sense for a ticking sound to be back there unless it's coming from the valvetrain and it shouldn't be THAT loud
Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

cool, a dealer tune?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:56 AM
Account Disabled

they sell it, set it up, and take it there/ bring it back. i also pay them and the tune is billed to them from the shop.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by secondchace
they sell it, set it up, and take it there/ bring it back. i also pay them and the tune is billed to them from the shop.
You from edmonton or calgary? Im getting mine tuned on Sept 12 with lightspeed

My mods are:
UR intercooler
UR upper and lower piping
UR downpipe
UR mini muffler
custom magnaflow exhaust
UR intake
AMS blowoff valve (but really just a mitsu one, since it came in a mitsu box part number n all)
AMS 1.5 mail in tune ( with my own tweaks since the boost sucked ***)

my car stock dyno'd out at like 192WHP, and about 238WTQ when i went the first time
Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled

im in calgary, and im getting a test pipe with hf cat, forge bpv and the upper intercooler pipe next week at which point well be the same basically haha.

The tune at lightspeed went great, the car pulls hard, has zero issues now. Cams got the ralliarts down pretty sell!

the knocking i was hearing was from having the boost seloniod mounted on the firewall and it viberating through into the cabin, we moved it today and there is no more issues

i would guess on his dyno youll see close to 260 whp prolly 255 area. you arent steve by chance are you?!
Old Aug 20, 2009, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

im in calgary, and im getting a test pipe with hf cat, forge bpv and the upper intercooler pipe next week at which point well be the same basically haha.

The tune at lightspeed went great, the car pulls hard, has zero issues now. Cams got the ralliarts down pretty sell!

the knocking i was hearing was from having the boost seloniod mounted on the firewall and it viberating through into the cabin, we moved it today and there is no more issues

i would guess on his dyno youll see close to 260 whp prolly 255 area. you arent steve by chance are you?!

I was hoping the results for our cars would be closer to 300 hp like the ones in the states, but i guess it cant happen without bigger turbos, and no I'm not Steve, im Chris, i was Cam's first Ralliart that he tuned
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

the tune is through the dealer, so if something is wrong, it will get fixed.

there is no negative on its performance, runs so effing smooth, but that noise is always there!

this morning when i started him up, it wasnt there for the first 35-40 seconds and then it just started out of no where... like its a broken fan shroud or something, but this noise is near the firewall, so how is that possible?
What dealer? Platinum? So u can take your car into the dealer and they set it up and still fully cover your warranty even with a tune. I might have to give your dealer a call and come up for a few days.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:29 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT
What dealer? Platinum? So u can take your car into the dealer and they set it up and still fully cover your warranty even with a tune. I might have to give your dealer a call and come up for a few days.

its because i got the tune with my car, if you dont buy the car there, i doubt they will do anything special for you.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:32 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Euripides
I was hoping the results for our cars would be closer to 300 hp like the ones in the states, but i guess it cant happen without bigger turbos, and no I'm not Steve, im Chris, i was Cam's first Ralliart that he tuned

those numbers on ralliarts in the states are very flawed.

The one on youtube claiming 300 whp is not infact 300whp without an X swap and alot of bolt ons.

The one on here who claims hes 291 hp 301 torque, unless those are crank numbers hes seriously out to lunch. there is no possible way this turbo can come close those numbers at the wheels.

The other thing to remember is that the ttp dyno dynos our car like 215 whp stock, which is 20 more then cams, so there numbers at 260, and really 240 or less on cams dyno. The main thing to care about is the amount you gain over the baseline!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

those numbers on ralliarts in the states are very flawed.

The one on youtube claiming 300 whp is not infact 300whp without an X swap and alot of bolt ons.

The one on here who claims hes 291 hp 301 torque, unless those are crank numbers hes seriously out to lunch. there is no possible way this turbo can come close those numbers at the wheels.

The other thing to remember is that the ttp dyno dynos our car like 215 whp stock, which is 20 more then cams, so there numbers at 260, and really 240 or less on cams dyno. The main thing to care about is the amount you gain over the baseline!
+1 A lot does depend on the dyno. Some are friendlier than others, but regardless, the person running the dyno should be able to tell you what similar cars have dynoed at. Some of the stingiest dynos put the stock Ralliart in the 180's for whp, while some of the more liberal dynos have rated stock Ralliarts as high as 220 whp. It's all relative.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:15 PM

Impressive, would you be wiilling to post price, if not could you pm it.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 01:37 PM
Account Disabled

pm'd you bro
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Will be driving my Raliart to Lightspeed for Evo X turbo and exhaust upgrade, dyno and tune this June from Winnipeg 1400 km each way LOL ! My question is what did lightspeed charge you to dyno and tune your cars. Trying to save up for parts and trip costs. Waiting to here back from Cam.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

If you are going to Lightspeed, make sure to check your lugnuts YOURSELF before you leave the shop. They are notorious for not tightening up the lugs properly when they are done and have seen numerous threads on diff forums of the tires almost vibrating off (member on here from Edmonton had this happen in the summer) or completely coming off and in the case of a friend of mine caused $12k damage to his 3 month old Mustang. not saying they do crappy work just check your lugs.

Edit- Here is a link https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...novations.html

Last edited by brads09lancerGT; Jan 19, 2010 at 10:07 PM.