Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gloom
It's the same as mine. You should also copy the lower bound timing table from the v2 map to the 2.5 if you want smoother shifting. If there's no 0-60 gain I can't understand why anyone want it to shift harscher. Well I guess people are different
I copied it this morning and it's running great.
You mean you took the V2.5 map and changed the shifting data to V2 and got smoother shifting? Was V2.5 harsher in shifting than the stock map?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Also, how easy is it to flash the Basemap to the RA? I've downloaded ECUflash and the 2011 USDM 93oct stockpill basemap just to check it out. Is it as easy as connecting it via the Tactrix cable to the car, backing up the stock ROM and flashing the V2.5 over to the ECU? I don't really plan on editing the maps, just a simple flash and backup.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very simple. Connect the tactrix to the car, read your stock ROM, save it, flash the new rom, and clear engine codes. The whole process takes 5 minutes ish. If that, then you're laughing. There are shiny buttons that will guide you.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Yes exactly, and yes the difference is quite huge in the shifting.
I havn't reflashed the stock map but I did compare them in ecuflash and the stock map seem like a closer match to v2.5 yes. I just don't like the violent downshifting in traffic with the v2.5 and it feels like Bryan have spent quality time on the v2 to make it shift silky smooth.

Originally Posted by BravoZero
You mean you took the V2.5 map and changed the shifting data to V2 and got smoother shifting? Was V2.5 harsher in shifting than the stock map?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Proteus_x15
Very simple. Connect the tactrix to the car, read your stock ROM, save it, flash the new rom, and clear engine codes. The whole process takes 5 minutes ish. If that, then you're laughing. There are shiny buttons that will guide you.
Awesome. seems simple enough, I've never done this before so I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Yes exactly, and yes the difference is quite huge in the shifting.
I havn't reflashed the stock map but I did compare them in ecuflash and the stock map seem like a closer match to v2.5 yes. I just don't like the violent downshifting in traffic with the v2.5 and it feels like Bryan have spent quality time on the v2 to make it shift silky smooth.
I drive this car everyday to work and there's always traffic coming home at least, sometimes in the morning and the car, stock, does shift hard sometimes but I guess that's the nature of the SST. I'd like it to be as smooth as possible, so I will probably flash V2.5 and drive it for a bit and if I don't like the shifting I'll change the shifting properties with that of V2. If I do that though, what would be the procedure in ECUflash?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
I wonder if the problem is that you should be using the AUS/EDM basemap rather than the USDM/CADM basemap??? I'm sure Bryan will know...
This would make a lot of sense, especially since Caribou's profile shows him in Switzerland.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Just got 2.5, thank you Bryan
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

You need to change your user privs to developer and then just check the lower timing map under timings in v2, select all columns with for example shift+end and then in the drop down meny, choose copy, and then open v2.5 and check the same option again and take paste.

Originally Posted by BravoZero
Awesome. seems simple enough, I've never done this before so I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

I drive this car everyday to work and there's always traffic coming home at least, sometimes in the morning and the car, stock, does shift hard sometimes but I guess that's the nature of the SST. I'd like it to be as smooth as possible, so I will probably flash V2.5 and drive it for a bit and if I don't like the shifting I'll change the shifting properties with that of V2. If I do that though, what would be the procedure in ECUflash?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

You need to change your user privs to developer and then just check the lower timing map under timings in v2 and then in the drop down meny, choose copy, and then open v2.5 and check the same option again and take paste.
You're awesome, thanks dude! Can't wait to do this now. I'm going this weekend to get cheap netbook anyway.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:18 AM

i have a 2010 ralliart but when i try and load the rom it gives me an error that it cannot be loaded. is there any way to fix this? it will load up the 2009 maps but not the 2010
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by OCTANEBLUCF
i have a 2010 ralliart but when i try and load the rom it gives me an error that it cannot be loaded. is there any way to fix this? it will load up the 2009 maps but not the 2010
sounds like you just need the 2010 .xml. Look on the first page, there's a link to all the .xml files.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:06 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by OCTANEBLUCF
From my first post:

Originally Posted by razorlab
XML so you can open the files in EcuFlash:

Find XML here

Download and copy to: OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Just swapped the Lower Bound Ignition Timing table from V2 to V2.5. The shifting is much better now in V2.5 and it feels better than it did with the same settings in V2.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psycho09RA
Just swapped the Lower Bound Ignition Timing table from V2 to V2.5. The shifting is much better now in V2.5 and it feels better than it did with the same settings in V2.
How do you do this and what does the lower bound ignition timing table look like?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

If you scroll up it's explained..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
How do you do this and what does the lower bound ignition timing table look like?

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap