Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Is this with:

UR UICP / UR LICP / UR Test Pipe / Evo X FMIC / AMS BPV / K&N Drop-in

?
That is correct. Only one run was done with v2.6 and those mods.

Also the small amount of knock I did see was during my shift from 1st to 2nd. It's quicker but still had a little delay compared to other gears. Pretty sure I shift the car @ 6800. This was done in Sport/Manual.

Also, met someone new at the track. Guy was driving his wife's 2011 RA running constant 14.2's. Mentioned to him I could reflash his car to knock some time off. Reflashed it to v2.5 93 octane w/ stock pill and lowest he got to was 13.8 but could've been lower had he known how to brake boost launch and shift. Overall, another satisfied person using your basemaps Bryan.

Last edited by omegis; May 5, 2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old May 5, 2011, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the V2.6 beta flashed to my car last night. Tested it on my way to work this morning, and the throttle response is much better. Shifting in Manual/Sport is just about perfect. However, in all other modes it's pretty rough. Compared to V2.5, the Beta makes the shifting feel "sling-shot-like" in all modes, especially gears 1-4, 5-6 isn't as bad. Not too thrilled about the sling-shot effect in the shifting. Also noticed that when I drove it in both Auto modes, the shifting was all over the place. In Auto/Sport, the 1-2 gear change was horrific and I could have sworn I saw the tach needle reach 8000 RPMs. But, in Manual, the delay was not as bad in the 1-2 gear change.

All in all, everything is great except for the "sling-shot" shifting and the sporatic Auto shifting.

Bryan, would swapping the V2.5 LBIT over to the Beta have any effect on the throttle response? I would like to keep that and have the same shift characteristics from V2.5, hopefully without the 1-2 gear delay.
Old May 5, 2011, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

My Last bit of Beta 2.6 feedback...

Throttle response is improved, especially on corner exit throttle pickup (used to be a real dead pedal feeling, that is much reduced now.... )

Low load shifts feel a bit too jerky to me (100 load and lower), especially during warm up, after swapping in the beta 2.6 lower bound table.

I think the shifting is easy enough for people to make a hybrid lowerbound map... I'm going to go back to my hybrid at this point.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

I too tried out the basemap yesterday evening and agree with the feedback posted by BravoZero. The shifting feels much better in manual sport mode, but in normal auto, i felt like it was jerking the car around a little too much. It did seem more responsive though.

Now my biggest gripe, and take it with a grain of salt, as this is a free basemap and I know it won't be right for everyone and everything we do with our cars...

Launching! I typically hold the brake and tap the throttle quickly to 3k, then release and go... With the new basemap, doing this the exact same way I do with v2.5 sent the transmission into protect mode the 2 times i tried it. It seems to allow the revs to climb way higher than before in this situation. Not sure how to explain it, just offering feedback.

I'll be driving with 2.6 more and seeing what I notice.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by EyeDreamt

Launching! I typically hold the brake and tap the throttle quickly to 3k, then release and go... With the new basemap, doing this the exact same way I do with v2.5 sent the transmission into protect mode the 2 times i tried it. It seems to allow the revs to climb way higher than before in this situation. Not sure how to explain it, just offering feedback.

Yea you should be able to use *less* throttle now to get the same desired power. Did you try it with less throttle input?

Can I get a show of hands of the guys that don't like how aggressive the shifting is in the Auto NORMAL mode now? I have a tweak I can do that could help with this.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Yea you should be able to use *less* throttle now to get the same desired power. Did you try it with less throttle input?

Can I get a show of hands of the guys that don't like how aggressive the shifting is in the Auto NORMAL mode now? I have a tweak I can do that could help with this.
I'll try it some more later. I usually tap tap tap to 3k, let brake out and slam gas and go... didn't work so well here. Maybe try tap to 3k, hold half throttle, then increase throttle once moving will help.

As for AUTO NORMAL... I vote for a bit softer feel. Not that I use it much, but when I do its cause my fiance is in the car (and soon kid) and I want a softer more easy ride.

BTW Brian, I see that the load issue in first for the MR was cracked... think we will ever see the day we can activate some launch control on the RA?
Old May 5, 2011, 10:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts

BTW Brian, I see that the load issue in first for the MR was cracked... think we will ever see the day we can activate some launch control on the RA?
Not sure. We think it's in the TCU. However at one point we also thought the MR 1st gear limiter was in the TCU too....
Old May 5, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

I don't drive in auto much, but if I do or if I let someone drive my car (with my permission of course), I don't want them driving it in Auto and get freaked out. The Auto shifting in V2.5 is perfectly fine, with the exception of the high-RPM shift points even in Normal.

Even in Manual/Normal, the jerky shifting was still present. It wasn't until I put it in Manual/Sport that it seems to go away.

The Ralliart doesn't have the TPS limiting that the MR does, but a better way to launch would be nice indeed.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

I just want to hear my car go "pop pop pop pop vrooooommmm" like my friends MR. haha I wish I was smarter, I'd put all my time into figuring it out.

Back on topic... All these Basemaps for free are wonderful!
Old May 5, 2011, 11:14 AM

***Showing both my hands***
Reverse gear too?
Im here on this site because of you Bryan.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

I think Sport mode is perfect now but I'm definitely for a softer Normal mode, primarily for daily driving with passengers (kids, wife, etc.).

I'm extremely impressed by how much you've accomplished with tuning the SST.
Old May 5, 2011, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yep same here. Overly pleased with Bryan's work and help to this community.
I also vote for a more gentle normal/auto experience.
Would like the car to have more distinct differences in normal and sport modes.
Normal to me is for commuting with maximum comfort and fuel efficiency, and sport when you mean buisness and want to unleash all power possible. It's only a flick of a switch away so why not use it?
Old May 5, 2011, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gloom
yep same here. Overly pleased with bryan's work and help to this community.
I also vote for a more gentle normal/auto experience.
Would like the car to have more distinct differences in normal and sport modes.
Normal to me is for commuting with maximum comfort and fuel efficiency, and sport when you mean buisness and want to unleash all power possible. It's only a flick of a switch away so why not use it?
+1
Old May 5, 2011, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

I'd say it's a little rough / jerky in all modes when off boost, especially when cold.
Old May 5, 2011, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yep... "NORMAL" modes - both auto and manual.

I've been driving in NORMAL manual, and would like off-boost shifts less hardcore.

Rich

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap