Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious to hear Bryan's thoughts on this.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, great data and information Rich!
Old May 12, 2011, 02:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi Bryan.

Re: v2.6 beta -

Flashed back to v2.5 this morning, and did the freeway commute flipping the downshift at trailing throttle / 2400rpm ...

Couldn't get a single weird downshift (and tried both NORMAL & SPORT). Was faultless every time.

Rich
Old May 14, 2011, 06:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Ok have some updated BETA's for the guys that tested it last time. Please try these out and see how you feel about them.

2009 RA - EDM - 98 RON - BoostPill - v2.6 BETA

2009 RA - USDM - 93 OCT - BoostPill - v2.6 BETA

2010 RA - USDM - 93 OCT - BoostPill - v2.6 BETA

2010 RA - EDM - 98 RON - BoostPill - v2.6 BETA

2011 RA - USDM - 93 OCT - BoostPill - v2.6 BETA
Old May 14, 2011, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Ooh, new betas!

Thanks a million. Will give 'em a shot and get you some feedback!

Rich
Old May 15, 2011, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Hi Bryan. Tried out the new map - let's call it 2.6.2 beta.

Where do I start? Well, how about with "Donation sent"!

This version has:
  • Silky-smooth NORMAL mode shifts. Your gran will still love being driven to her proctologist in the Ralliart.
  • Slip-free (but still smooth) SPORT mode shifts.
  • No evidence of the delayed or meanering-RPM downshift problem.
  • Razor-sharp throttle pick-up - feels less like a 90s-era turbo now.
  • Virtual elimination of the delay when performing a "standing-start take-off".
Bear in mind that the first couple of items on that are "personal preference" dependent. Some people (without grannies and/or proctologists) may LIKE to feel like being punched in the face every time they change gear. :P

Some people might have newer clutches than others.

Others may disagree on whether v2.6.2 strikes a balance between "firm" and "smooth", but for me it's about right. I could handle a little more firmness in the NORMAL gearshift without getting annoyed by it - but there's a toggle switch right there - SPORT mode is only a flick away.

Be prepared for some other beta testers to say the shifts are not 'ard enough. For They Are Men. They may have a point - or they may just have clutches with a lot more wear than mine!! If you feel the uncontrollable urge to tighten things up a little more, I'll be happy to join the 2.6.3 beta test party!

Most of all, I'm delighted by the change in the standing start lag... there doesn't seem to be any. Revs rise faster, clutch engages sooner, and the car goes voom. I'll experiment with different throttle percentages, but the way it responds to all throttle inputs now makes me feel that - with a bit of getting used to it - WOT to enter/cross traffic will no longer feel "necessary"... so it'll be a much smoother and more effective manoeuvre as a result.

This particular Ralliart "feature" has given me the screaming s**ts since I got the car (and nearly got T-boned crossing a dual carriageway road). Good riddance!

Hooray for the slaying of the Bizarro Delayed Downshift problem. I'm keen to hear what this was - I have a technical curious streak a mile wide!

Great stuff!

Rich
Old May 15, 2011, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Wish we had 93 oct or I would give it a try. Stuck with only 91 around here
Old May 15, 2011, 10:07 AM

Is the GST website down? I want to order the bill and hose assembly but it seems like they are down.

If so, are there alternatives to get the bill from another source?
Old May 15, 2011, 10:39 AM
AMT

Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
Wish we had 93 oct or I would give it a try. Stuck with only 91 around here
Same, if a 2011 USDM 91 oct map is posted I will gladly test!!

Originally Posted by lchu
Is the GST website down? I want to order the bill and hose assembly but it seems like they are down.

If so, are there alternatives to get the bill from another source?
Yeah it's been down for a while, dunno why. You can still access their store though here: http://www.gstmotorsports.com/store/
Old May 15, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

i need a tactrix cable realllyyyy bad!
Old May 15, 2011, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
Hi Bryan. Tried out the new map - let's call it 2.6.2 beta.

Where do I start? Well, how about with "Donation sent"!

This version has:
  • Silky-smooth NORMAL mode shifts. Your gran will still love being driven to her proctologist in the Ralliart.
  • Slip-free (but still smooth) SPORT mode shifts.
  • No evidence of the delayed or meanering-RPM downshift problem.
  • Razor-sharp throttle pick-up - feels less like a 90s-era turbo now.
  • Virtual elimination of the delay when performing a "standing-start take-off".
Bear in mind that the first couple of items on that are "personal preference" dependent. Some people (without grannies and/or proctologists) may LIKE to feel like being punched in the face every time they change gear. :P

Some people might have newer clutches than others.

Others may disagree on whether v2.6.2 strikes a balance between "firm" and "smooth", but for me it's about right. I could handle a little more firmness in the NORMAL gearshift without getting annoyed by it - but there's a toggle switch right there - SPORT mode is only a flick away.

Be prepared for some other beta testers to say the shifts are not 'ard enough. For They Are Men. They may have a point - or they may just have clutches with a lot more wear than mine!! If you feel the uncontrollable urge to tighten things up a little more, I'll be happy to join the 2.6.3 beta test party!

Most of all, I'm delighted by the change in the standing start lag... there doesn't seem to be any. Revs rise faster, clutch engages sooner, and the car goes voom. I'll experiment with different throttle percentages, but the way it responds to all throttle inputs now makes me feel that - with a bit of getting used to it - WOT to enter/cross traffic will no longer feel "necessary"... so it'll be a much smoother and more effective manoeuvre as a result.

This particular Ralliart "feature" has given me the screaming s**ts since I got the car (and nearly got T-boned crossing a dual carriageway road). Good riddance!

Hooray for the slaying of the Bizarro Delayed Downshift problem. I'm keen to hear what this was - I have a technical curious streak a mile wide!

Great stuff!

Rich
I just tried out the 2011 93 Oct w/ Pill and I agree with everything said by Rich... except now that I have been driving with the "hard" ****s, I kind of miss it. The car doesn't *feel* as quick and tight when shifting as it did with 2.6 Beta 1, but again, that is probably personal preference. All in all, great basemap, and I too love that the delay taking off is gone.

Bryan, do you want me to send you some logs of anything with this one?
Old May 15, 2011, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Ok have some updated BETA's for the guys that tested it last time. Please try these out and see how you feel about them.
Could you also post up the updated beta 2011 USDM stock pill map? Thanks!

I've been driving on the original beta for a while now and I really can't say I've experienced any of the major issues brought up by some of the other users such as the rev drift. I only have the "bounce-back" feeling during shifts. There is still some slip present in normal auto/manual modes though.

Edit: If there's any logging needed, let me know.
Old May 15, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll give the new Beta a shot tomorrow or Tuesday and report back.
Old May 16, 2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by AMT

Yeah it's been down for a while, dunno why. You can still access their store though here: http://www.gstmotorsports.com/store/

But will they still process my order if I ordered it from the site? Cause the main page is down...
Old May 16, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lchu
But will they still process my order if I ordered it from the site? Cause the main page is down...

Give them a call and find out.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap