Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BravoZero
A little OT... but how's the shifting in 2.7? I remember the first 2.6 beta had very uncomfortable shifting.
The shifting is great! When I was doing the WOT logs, I would manually shift at 6500 and it shifted instantaneous! Also the part throttle shifting is very crisp, not jerky or harsh at all. Amazing improvement over V2.5! I will do more testing as soon as Bryan says I am cleared for general testing.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:55 AM
AMT

Here are logs for limited WOT (kind of). I wasn't able to do get a clear street to test going WOT from second gear under 2k RPM, but I at least got into second before going WOT.

Last edited by AMT; Dec 2, 2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 02:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks AMT!

I noticed you were backing off the throttle on each of the upshifts. The Ralliart will be completely happy for you to keep that throttle wide-open right through SST upshifts.

Having re-read your post, though, the prevailing driving conditions probably had a lot to do with it!
(Edit: sorry for telling you the totally bleeding obvious... it's been a long day...)

Thanks again for the data.

Rich

Last edited by richardjh; Dec 2, 2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

All this positive feedback is making me very anxious for a 2011 USDM TBE + AEM 93 Boostpill Basemap to test out.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:18 PM
AMT

Talking

Originally Posted by richardjh
I noticed you were backing off the throttle on each of the upshifts.
That was partially due to traffic, but it's also just an old habit from driving my previous non-performance cars (Lancer OZ, Camry). I would let off the peddle to get the car to shift when I wanted it to. Don't know why, just became a thing.

I'll try some more WOT logs tonight when there is less traffic.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Once you've got into the WOT upshifts, you'll never want to go back...!

Rich
Old Dec 3, 2011, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
Once you've got into the WOT upshifts, you'll never want to go back...!

Rich
^ This! hahaha

So I installed my wideband yesterday along with setting it up to log AFR's.... Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to go log the car and upload my data but after on the drive home from HIN (Hot Import Nights) I'll do some pulls and Log.... When doing WOT i noticed the car goes super RICH. So yeah I'll email you B asap.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:31 AM

2011USDM93OCT+BP-limitedWOT-normalman.csv.zip

Here is a limited WOT log of USDM 2011, 93 oct+boost pill, drop in K&N. It was done normal manual.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

2010 USDM 91Oct Normal and Sport WOT runs zipped into a single file. The two csv files are named appropriately.

Elevation info:
According to http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ai...ure-d_462.html I live 1500 ft above sea level, and my test runs were at 1000ft above sea level (based on logged data correlated to PSIA vs Altitude). According to elevation relief maps, I live around 1800ft above sea level, and my runs were performed at about 1400ft of altitude...

Lemme know if you have any questions or need more info...
Attached Files
File Type: zip
SavedDataLogs.zip (7.5 KB, 0 views)
Old Dec 3, 2011, 02:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
For the guys testing the new ROMs. Can I get some feedback on drivability differences, if any? How's the car feel compared to the last ROM?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 02:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by nunyas
2010 USDM 91Oct Normal and Sport WOT runs zipped into a single file. The two csv files are named appropriately.

Elevation info:
According to http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ai...ure-d_462.html I live 1500 ft above sea level, and my test runs were at 1000ft above sea level (based on logged data correlated to PSIA vs Altitude). According to elevation relief maps, I live around 1800ft above sea level, and my runs were performed at about 1400ft of altitude...

Lemme know if you have any questions or need more info...

Thanks for the logs. Which wideband are you using for these logs?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Innovate LC-1
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
For the guys testing the new ROMs. Can I get some feedback on drivability differences, if any? How's the car feel compared to the last ROM?
After a day of driving around Burbank/Glendale/La Canada, I gotta say I really like this over v2.5. Quick solid shifts with just the right amount of upshift feed back. W/ my Magnaflow exhaust, it makes a gratifying instant change in pitch during the shift (before it was a gradual change in pitch), during normal driving situations.

With WOT application, the upshifts at 6.5K and higher are much better than they were. Normal is quick and smooth. Sport is quicker and has a hint of a nudge during shifts.

In a nutshell, normal mode is perfect for daily driving, and Sport mode is better than what I've come to expect of this transmission.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nunyas
After a day of driving around Burbank/Glendale/La Canada, I gotta say I really like this over v2.5. Quick solid shifts with just the right amount of upshift feed back. W/ my Magnaflow exhaust, it makes a gratifying instant change in pitch during the shift (before it was a gradual change in pitch), during normal driving situations.

With WOT application, the upshifts at 6.5K and higher are much better than they were. Normal is quick and smooth. Sport is quicker and has a hint of a nudge during shifts.

In a nutshell, normal mode is perfect for daily driving, and Sport mode is better than what I've come to expect of this transmission.
But... will it blend? lol

Seriously, looks like all positive coming from the latest version, can't wait to get my gauges installed so I can get 2.7 on the car!

Bryan, have there been any power differences over the 2.5/2.6 versions? Any increase in horsepower or torque?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

If I can comment on that one, Bravo...

For the v27 boostpill maps, there have been sizeable changes to the style of boost control. Boost affects torque, so you're likely to see differences, yes.

Note that consistency was a key goal of the revised boost control work... not "more peak torque" or "more peak horsepower" per se.

v27 should have steadier boost through WOT upshifts, less boost variation from summer to winter, altitude-adjusted boost targets, moderated boost peak after spool-up, etc. A bunch of code patches and table revisions have been applied to achieve all this - the Base Maps have learned some new tricks!

Rich

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap