Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by richardjh
If I can comment on that one, Bravo...

For the v27 boostpill maps, there have been sizeable changes to the style of boost control. Boost affects torque, so you're likely to see differences, yes.

Note that consistency was a key goal of the revised boost control work... not "more peak torque" or "more peak horsepower" per se.

v27 should have steadier boost through WOT upshifts, less boost variation from summer to winter, altitude-adjusted boost targets, moderated boost peak after spool-up, etc. A bunch of code patches and table revisions have been applied to achieve all this - the Base Maps have learned some new tricks!

Rich
Flippin' sweet, thanks Richard!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man, can't wait for the 93oct tbe 2.7!

Are the gauages required or can I just use evoscan?

If not where are some good places to start looking?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
For the guys testing the new ROMs. Can I get some feedback on drivability differences, if any? How's the car feel compared to the last ROM?
Daily drive-ability is great! I only drive sport/manual so I can't comment on normal auto, but for sport/manual: Car feels smoother on acceleration. Shifts are immediate at WOT. No more having to shift early or lifting the foot because of the anticipated rev-hang! Now you just keep the pedal pegged to the floor and when you want to shift the trans responds with an nice crisp (but not jerky) immediate shift. My hat is off to you sir!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bryan = SST Master.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Just re-ran my logs to correct the WGDCC and BWGDC data. It appears I forgot to add Boost Target to my logging... Can add it and re-log if necessary. Also, changed boost logging to use -[Baro] instead of -14.7... However, it appears that my EvoScan config does not like it very much as i'm now logging boost levels up to 35psi now :\

The zip includes a screen shot of my log items w/ Boost and Barometer items highlighted. The Barometer's "LogReference" is set to "Baro". It also includes a 4th gear pull from about 2k RPM. inHg was about 28.9 and temperature was about 60F. I tried some 3rd gear pulls, but this was the cleanest of all the pulls I did.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
SavedDataLogs-redid.zip (81.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Try...
  • Renaming Barometer to Baro.
  • Moving it up the order of logging, so it is above Boost.
Not sure if the "rename" is required - your "in-log" name is actually Baro, and EvoScan may use that instead of the "display" name.

Rich
Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

i think moving it to before boost will do it. It worked in the past but couldn't remember that little piece of info. I'll do some logs tomorrow on my commutes to and from work...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Attached my first log. Like the new map in sport mode.

Still unsure about normal - the shifting did some weird stuff. The cars are so quick, it seems to take a long time changing to 3rd and then immediately had to change into 4th. Maybe I backed off at the wrong time as I was about to 'slightly' exceed the speed limit?

Richard - can you create a standalone logcfg.txt file with all the data you guys need? Save me hooking up the laptop each time.
Attached Files
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I've got just the thing! Seeing as you and I share the same ROM ID, use mine.

It's got a few weird and wacky items. Like, it logs when you press the brake pedal, whether you're in NORMAL or SPORT mode, etc. It's also set up for "pin 8" wideband 0-5V analogue input, but that won't hurt anything if it's absent.

Note that if you want to load it into EvoScan, you just need to use a raw text editor to change the first line's time heading to LogEntrySeconds. Nothing else needs editing.

Rich
Attached Files
File Type: txt
logcfg.txt (4.1 KB, 0 views)
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Moving Baro to before Boost did the trick. Here's a 3rd gear pull from this morning. This time w/ BoostTarget included
Attached Files
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by nunyas
Moving Baro to before Boost did the trick. Here's a 3rd gear pull from this morning. This time w/ BoostTarget included
Thanks for the log. What mods do you have again?

Can you also log timing advance?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

EvoX FMIC, EvoX BPV, UR UICP, BoostPill, UR Down Pipe, Magnaflow Cat back exhaust (w/ stock cat), Innovate LC-1

I'll at timing to the list for the next log.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by nunyas
EvoX FMIC, EvoX BPV, UR UICP, BoostPill, UR Down Pipe, Magnaflow Cat back exhaust (w/ stock cat), Innovate LC-1

I'll at timing to the list for the next log.
I didn't send you the TBE basemap?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

id be willing to test the 2011 w/o boost pilll for normal everyday driving just gotta borrow buddies stuff to flash. would it make a difference since i got 900miles on the car?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Alright here we go....

So I did Both back to Back comparison in many modes from Curising to WOT, to the Canyon.... etc.

2.7 is not only Smoother, and MUCH MUCH more quicker. It's almost a FULL blown personal tune. I had a BBQ to attend and Looney Tunes (Naji says hello Bryan) log the car and sure enough he says the car is Perfect there isn't anything he could of done to make more power.

"This Ralliart has some BAWLS!!! I can see this beating some Evo's"

Yes, Boost tapers much more quicker than the 2.5 but I'm also holding anywhere from 21.7-22.1 psi in mid rpm's. I'm typing this with lack of sleep so if it doesn't make sense I'll delete this haha.

I got my Wideband to log so I'll see if i can get some logs tonight.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap