Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
An update on the v27 beta...

A couple of the testers have been getting over-target boost when the ambient temperature is c-c-cold. There will be a new beta v27 revision soon with a cold-air-temp tweak. This revision will apply more "cold temp" adjustment to BWGDC (Base WasteGate Duty Cycle for the boost control solenoid).

It may end up taking a full season to dial in "ideal" BWGDC adjustments for all ambient temps. Until now, nobody has had the ability to tweak Ralliart BC solenoid operation based on IAT, so we're breaking new ground here.

Beta testers, thanks for your ongoing efforts!

Rich
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
=)
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This might be asking too much, but is there any way you can tweak the 2.7 basemaps so that we'll all get better fuel economy when cruising on the highway or driving around town with light throttle?(styaing out of boost)
Old Dec 18, 2011, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered a UR HFC metal core, but keeping stock exhaust. Will it be safe to run the TBE map? What are the major factors I should monitor during logging if I do load the TBE basemap?

[QUOTE=razorlab;9806625]Hey Guys,

Here is a power chart from the new Boostpill + TBE basemap. Making good power.

Stats on this RA:

2011 Sedan
Evo X FMIC
Evo IX BOV
UICP
K@N Drop In
Boost Pill
TBE no cat
91 Oct V2.7 Basemap

Old Dec 18, 2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Slee256
This might be asking too much, but is there any way you can tweak the 2.7 basemaps so that we'll all get better fuel economy when cruising on the highway or driving around town with light throttle?(styaing out of boost)
I think V2.7 already gets pretty good mileage over stock. I just did a 200mi. drive on friday and averaged 25mpg doing 75-80mph when traffic allowed amongst the LA stop and go traffic. I am driving back home today (hopefully with a little less traffic and I will update if I get even better mileage. Stock map in those conditions I would usually get 21-22mpg.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Slee256
I just did a 2000km drive with v2.7 and averaged 8.8 - 9.6L/100km (28-30 mpg) I also averaged 510-600km a tank...depending on how much spirited driving I did. I averaged 70mph.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

when i fill up ill do a true mpg check cus the cars mpg counter is nowhere near that
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:49 AM

Hey Brian, I'm trying to build my car around these maps.

From the sound of it, the 2.7 map will support a lot more set ups than what's currently supported now. If you don't mind me asking, do you know if my set up will be one of them? I currently have these installed in my car:

UR UICP
EvoX FMIC, LICP, BPV
Magnaflow Catback

I also have the new AEM Intake sitting in my garage, and I'll be getting an AMS Boost Pill and the AMS HFC soon.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by xDarKnighTx
Hey Brian, I'm trying to build my car around these maps.

From the sound of it, the 2.7 map will support a lot more set ups than what's currently supported now. If you don't mind me asking, do you know if my set up will be one of them? I currently have these installed in my car:

UR UICP
EvoX FMIC, LICP, BPV
Magnaflow Catback

I also have the new AEM Intake sitting in my garage, and I'll be getting an AMS Boost Pill and the AMS HFC soon.
Yes the normal Map will support that shortlist and the BP+TBE+AEM map will support your extended list.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
Yes the normal Map will support that shortlist and the BP+TBE+AEM map will support your extended list.
awesome! can't wait for the 2.7 maps to come out! is it close to completion?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by xDarKnighTx
awesome! can't wait for the 2.7 maps to come out! is it close to completion?
You could get the gst boostpill, just saying.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Would the DIY cone intake be comparable the AEM one?

I will be running, boost pill, DIY intake, testpipe, evox fmic, hard uicp/licp by sometime next month on you 2.6 basemap. Wideband will be installed when I get around to the testpipe. I am running really rich already on the 2.6 with everything listed above minus the tp/intake. I see almost 10.3 AFR at WOT 3rd gear. I logged after the intake swap showing no signs of knock and no weird issues so im safe there, but in the long run I just want to make sure my car is going to last :P I appresciate everythi g u do bryan, keep it up.
PS. If you want another tester... let me know :P
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jechttt
Would the DIY cone intake be comparable the AEM one?

I will be running, boost pill, DIY intake, testpipe, evox fmic, hard uicp/licp by sometime next month on you 2.6 basemap. Wideband will be installed when I get around to the testpipe. I am running really rich already on the 2.6 with everything listed above minus the tp/intake. I see almost 10.3 AFR at WOT 3rd gear. I logged after the intake swap showing no signs of knock and no weird issues so im safe there, but in the long run I just want to make sure my car is going to last :P I appresciate everythi g u do bryan, keep it up.
PS. If you want another tester... let me know :P
Well.... I asked him about the DIY, and no it's not the same as a AEM you'll have to run the AEM+TBE map.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
The AEM map will be for the..... AEM intake.

If the DIY intake is just a cone filter on a Evo X MAF tube, then it needs a different map as well, as the MAF tube is larger, and the MAF scaling is different.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

The AEM map will be for the..... AEM intake.

If the DIY intake is just a cone filter on a Evo X MAF tube, then it needs a different map as well, as the MAF tube is larger, and the MAF scaling is different.
O pooh, good to know tho, thanks

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap