Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Member joedr put the GST BaseMap and boostpill on his 09 RA and had it dyno tested at the local dyno facility in Puerto Rico and here are the results:

Keep in mind this is the 91oct map using 93oct. I am working on a 93oct specific basemap currently for even more gains when using 93oct!

Red is stock map, blue is GST BaseMap with boostpill

Old Oct 21, 2009, 03:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Member joedr put the GST BaseMap and boostpill on his 09 RA and had it dyno tested at the local dyno facility in Puerto Rico and here are the results:

Keep in mind this is the 91oct map using 93oct. I am working on a 93oct specific basemap currently for even more gains when using 93oct!

Red is stock map, blue is GST BaseMap with boostpill

Bryan, it's great to hear that you finally got what you needed to develop the 93 ocatane basemap. As soon as you post it I'm planning on buying a laptop, tactrix cable, and a GST upgraded boost pill assembly with boost hoses so that I can download your file and start running it. Thanks for all your hard work!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:37 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Slee256
Bryan, it's great to hear that you finally got what you needed to develop the 93 ocatane basemap. As soon as you post it I'm planning on buying a laptop, tactrix cable, and a GST upgraded boost pill assembly with boost hoses so that I can download your file and start running it. Thanks for all your hard work!
Still need some more data to make sure the 93 oct basemap is at its best.

Anybody else logging lately?

- Bryan
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:28 AM
EvoM Moderator

Hi GST!

I will get more logs asap for the 93 OCT basemap. Currently looking to buy a wideband for testing, so I am not relying on the dyno one to gather data or to test something. So, if you know someone selling one, please send them this way.

I happen to have a Innovate sensor as my Evo have a permanent LC1 installation and have it as a spare in the event it died on me. Looking to get a LM2, but a LM1 or LC1 will do it as well.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:38 AM
Account Disabled

Sounds good joedr!

I should have AUS spec RA basemaps posted here soon as well!

- Bryan
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

So essentially this tune provides different boost and
mivec mapping so that the lowend remains the same when there's no boost and gains where there the turbo is spooled?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 01:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by laksman91
So essentially this tune provides different boost and
mivec mapping so that the lowend remains the same when there's no boost and gains where there the turbo is spooled?
Everything has been tweaked a bit. Off-boost as well. Mivec, Timing and boost maps have been changed at all load variables.

One thing to note, people have been reporting better gas mileage and response with these BaseMaps.

- Bryan
Old Oct 23, 2009, 04:51 PM
C H
Evolving Member

Everything has been tweaked a bit. Off-boost as well. Mivec, Timing and boost maps have been changed at all load variables.

One thing to note, people have been reporting better gas mileage and response with these BaseMaps.

- Bryan
Love the new response and power, but unless the ECU needs a few tanks of fuel to re learn, I have dropped about 2-3 MPG on the highway.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 04:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by C H
Love the new response and power, but unless the ECU needs a few tanks of fuel to re learn, I have dropped about 2-3 MPG on the highway.
Interesting to hear, looking back through the thread most have reported MPG increase.

Go though a couple tanks and report back.

- Bryan
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by C H
Maybe is because you are steeping on it more because the car is that much fun

On another note I will be getting on monday the exhaust clamp that you recommended Bryan which is the last piece of the puzzle and my brother and I will start logging
Old Oct 23, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting to hear, looking back through the thread most have reported MPG increase.

Go though a couple tanks and report back.

- Bryan
I've actually lost some mpg. Almost 2-3 mph.
I'm probably just boosting more than usual. Haha.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bom's Evo
I've actually lost some mpg. Almost 2-3 mph.
I'm probably just boosting more than usual. Haha.
I'm thinking that maybe the guys who lost mpg since installing the basemap are all running 93 octane gas. Since Bryan's basemap was developed for 91 octane gas, I wonder if that could be the reason for the abnormal results compared to everyone else who reported back. I'm new at all this stuff, so I could totally be full of crap, but it's just a thought I had.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 02:51 PM
C H
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
I'm thinking that maybe the guys who lost mpg since installing the basemap are all running 93 octane gas. Since Bryan's basemap was developed for 91 octane gas, I wonder if that could be the reason for the abnormal results compared to everyone else who reported back. I'm new at all this stuff, so I could totally be full of crap, but it's just a thought I had.
I only use Shell V Power and it is 91 octane. The 93 octane fuel has ethanol in it and I don't like it and saw a decrease in MPG when I used it.

I'm not too concerned about the drop in MPG it is well worth it for the performance gain, but will be flashing back to stock for winter. It gets to -40 for the better part of January and don't really need the extra power during that time so might as well get better mileage.

I noticed on the onboard consumption meter that the car sits right at 25 MPG during constant cruising while stock tended to jump up around 30 MPG. So That is where my loss is coming from, probably due to a much lower threshold before the boost kicks in.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know that when I tuned my old 05 EVO on E-85 one of the ways I improved fuel economy was by advancing the timing... I know that Bryan's base map for 91 octane reduces timing under heavy load, but I don't think he messed with timing in the cruise area of the map, but I may be wrong.

I know that the stock MIVEC maps are 100% about fuel economy, not performance.... once again not sure if his maps for the MIVEC are better or worse at cruising speeds for fuel economy.

Keith
Old Oct 24, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
about all this MPG talk.

During idle, cruise and light loads, the ecu is in closed loop and ALWAYS aims for 14.7. In these situations, a tuned map also aims for 14.7 and there is no increase/decrease in MPG when comparing to the stock map (unless the closed loop settings have been messed with which is usually NOT done) .

During WOT, the ecu is in open loop and runs what the fuel map says. The stock map is very rich. The tuned map is leaner, so in theory you get a increase in MPG in those situations.

BUT.....two other things.

Regardless of AFR, making more power, takes MORE gas and decreases MPG. A 600WHP car that runs an 11:1 AFR during WOT uses more gas then a 350WHP car that runs an 11:1 AFR during WOT.

Also, most people, after getting a tune and having increased power usually take advantage of that new power and boost/go WOT a lot more, which also decreases MPG.

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Oct 24, 2009 at 06:24 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap