Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
understandable. ill be useing work4 from now on anyways. gotta stay current!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm trialling "Works #5" in my own car right now.

Here's a reality check for anyone with a Tactrix OP2.0... which is most everyone on here. ...

I had the fun of a bad flash this morning. The EcuFlash session didn't close off like normal, and the car just kept clicking constantly. Selecting "Exit Programming State", "Write to ECU" and all other EcuFlash items just brought up an error indication. Resetting the laptop didn't help - no change, no ability to write. Car was in a right old state.

Fixed it though... by hooking up a battery charger. Reflashed, cleared DTCs, drove to work.

I could have been on the bus today, and doing a recovery reflash tonight. Luckily, that didn't happen. I guess this is just a reminder - once you choose to get into this stuff, there are risks.

Rich
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Tried V2.7 for the 2010, car feels amazing responsive and the power is crazy. Did a WOT 0-60 and an electronic device on the front dash flew onto the back seat .
Car feels more jerky than before now when changing gears. Great job to the creators!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 02:48 AM

Would anyone here care to help a fellow RA owner out?
I don't know how to tune my own car with a laptop and I'm too afraid to even consider learning it. Is there any possible way to get this free base map with the help of any of you guys?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

Sure! Start here...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...f-dummies.html

Feel free to ask any questions in that thread about general ROM flashing... or in this thread about Base Map specific issues.

edit: Oh, wait, I see what you mean! You're after someone nearby to flash it for you. Duh... it's been a long day... sorry!

Rich
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Mooooar maps!

2011 v27.018 "Works #5" ROMs

Changes: Found the table that controls AWESOME, and increased its values to infinity!

History: Based on Works #4.

Background: I put a lot of analysis into the relationship between the various wacko SST tables in the stock ROM... well, the ones we've been manipulating recently, anyway. I then saw what I reckon is a reasonable theory as to how these relationships affect the SST's torque managment... which we notice most at point of upshift.

I then took our rather nice "Works #4" throttle-related maps (which continue to impress me in my own car), and used those as a basis for some newly calculated torque-related limit table data.

The resulting config has the same exact relationship between tables as the stock ROM.

If I'm on the money with my analysis, then some DELIBERATE and beneficial clutch-slip is intended in the following driving conditions:
  • < 2000rpm, and throttle < 10%
  • > 2000rpm, and throttle < 25%
Without that designed-in slip, she will bang and clunk louder than a two-year-old in the saucepan drawer.

Above 25% throttle, she should progressively sharpen up. You'll find that part-throttle feel is sharpest at 3000rpm.

I have faithfully followed the stock ROM shaping for things like the throttle-related maps. That includes what appears to be a slightly limp region above 4000rpm when using part-throttle (eg. 25% to 50%). Don't be surprised if part-throttle upshifts feel a little soft here.

BUT the feel should be consistent, progressive... and therefore predictable.

NORMAL mode should be nice and smooth for "normal" driving, thanks to the intentional-looking torque management in those map areas.

If you want the sharpest feeling throttle and shifts, use SPORT mode, pure and simple.

Personally, I'm happy with 99% of this map set. About the only thing I still want to mess with is the softer looking mid-throttle, midrange RPM area. I'm keen to see what happens if that is tweaked some.

Let me know what you think, though!

Rich

PS. I'm going to start deleting the oldest "Works" ROM attachments... before a website beancounter notices the GST thread is suddenly using more storage than the rest of EvoM put together.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

And a couple more... Collect the whole set!

Rich
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:42 AM

Greetings,

I just recently purchase a 2011 RA and, I'm wondering if the GST Basemap + Boost Pill + TurboBack will require me to change my stock BPV? I'm wondering if the damn thing will start to leak with that kind of setup.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikeszutu
Greetings,

I just recently purchase a 2011 RA and, I'm wondering if the GST Basemap + Boost Pill + TurboBack will require me to change my stock BPV? I'm wondering if the damn thing will start to leak with that kind of setup.
I don't see the need to upgrade it with that setup. However, I'd recommend getting an OEM Evo BPV to replace the stock plastic one regardless. That, and it looks better!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by BravoZero
I don't see the need to upgrade it with that setup. However, I'd recommend getting an OEM Evo BPV to replace the stock plastic one regardless. That, and it looks better!
It's a pain in the *** to find one of those at the moment.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
I'm trialling "Works #5" in my own car right now.

Here's a reality check for anyone with a Tactrix OP2.0... which is most everyone on here. ...

I had the fun of a bad flash this morning. The EcuFlash session didn't close off like normal, and the car just kept clicking constantly. Selecting "Exit Programming State", "Write to ECU" and all other EcuFlash items just brought up an error indication. Resetting the laptop didn't help - no change, no ability to write. Car was in a right old state.

Fixed it though... by hooking up a battery charger. Reflashed, cleared DTCs, drove to work.

I could have been on the bus today, and doing a recovery reflash tonight. Luckily, that didn't happen. I guess this is just a reminder - once you choose to get into this stuff, there are risks.

Rich
had something similar happen to me once, though it wasn't quite as bad. I finished a flash/compare, and the radiator fan wouldn't shut off. No amount of power cycling the car would shut if off, and the car wouldn't start. Turned out the session didn't terminate properly (?), and I only needed to re-run the flash/compare session to get it to end the session and return the car to its normal state.

Ruined a good pair of under pants that day...
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikeszutu
It's a pain in the *** to find one of those at the moment.
I saw two in the EvoX private FS section in less than a minute. Search and you'll find one easily.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:03 PM

Sure! Start here...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...f-dummies.html

Feel free to ask any questions in that thread about general ROM flashing... or in this thread about Base Map specific issues.

edit: Oh, wait, I see what you mean! You're after someone nearby to flash it for you. Duh... it's been a long day... sorry!

Rich
Hahaha, it's cool. Yeah I'm just afraid I might screw something up and detonate my engine
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:19 PM

Loaded the "Works 5" about an hour ago, Car feels great and shirts perfectly. Only thing is its about 20 degrees warmer than it has been for the past few weeks, so I want to wait and see how it reacts in the colder weather. Ill keep you guys posted. Thanks again Rich.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:17 PM

plastus and 210ralli, just to be clear, when you're talking about...

[Anywhere from 40-70% throttle created the weird clutch slip, gear blending from 1>2 and 2>3.]
[sometimes it even makes shift out of 2nd as soin as it shifts into 2nd]

...you're driving in AUTO mode, right? In NORMAL setting?

Rich
Hey rich all of my driving was done in manuel sport/normal. Im going to load up works5 right now and see how it acts on the way to work. Leave some more feedback after.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap