Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Sure, but it'll be after a short intermission. I want to apply a few other minor things to these betas - just need to work it all through with Bryan first.

Rich
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
Also... logging addresses for ADM/EDM 53610013 can now be found here... courtesy of Golden.

Rich
Rich, where can I find the same for 53610010? I do not have all the addresses
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

There are some in this thread...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...iles-here.html

Look under 2009 EDM/AUS. Those are "standalone" addresses, so they are all prefixed with "0x". In Evoscan, the prefix is "23" (in the "RequestID" field).

Also, take note of the variable size. "databits=16" is the standalone def for 2-byte. On Evoscan, you say "ResponseBytes = 2".

I've also attached a chunk of Evoscan XML logging items from my own setup, as that's my ROM ID. For now - I'm looking to "upgrade" to 53610013 soon.

Rich
Attached Files
File Type: txt
53610010_evoscan_misc.txt (9.4 KB, 0 views)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:19 PM

For those of you who have been trialling the "Balance #16" SST tune beta...

What do you think? Is it Worthy? Should we apply to all supported tune variants and release this as the new official Base Map?

I guess the question is, having driven around on "Balance #16", would you go back to the original v27 SST tune?

Rich
Well here's what I experienced with Bal 16:

- the "weird click" from 2nd to 1st (like on a motorcycle) ONLY in normal mode a & m but no jerk.
- the "progressive feel" is great. Drive it easy and it's like a GNX, easy in the gas and it ramps up into the pull.
- the "clutch slip" at WOT seems to only occur on up shift in 1st but it's much better. If you easy off the gas till it shifts to 2nd then you can floor it and she just pulls
- no 6th gear rattle.
- smooth shifting in normal auto.
- no more ghost shift from 1st to 3rd in normal auto when cold. I did get one from 2nd to 3rd at slow speed in sports m.
- firm shifts in normal m & sport m.
- cold shifts are much much quicker & smoother.

All in all the car pulls much harder at low rpms and doesn't hold the high revs long before shifting if you ease off the gas like before (trying to avoid a ticket) I like Bal 16 over the org V2.7 If only the 1st gear click and the slip at WOT could disappear ... The click makes me think one day the SST is going to say Bye Bye and the WOT in 1st makes me think the Wife is going to pay more attention to the on her face than the slipping Sorry, no logs yet.

Great job as usual Rich & Razorlab
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:25 PM

I've also attached a chunk of Evoscan XML logging items from my own setup, as that's my ROM ID

Rich
Great, thank you!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:31 PM

Hi all! I'm new in here and have couple questions about these gst maps. (hope you understand me, my english isn't very fluent)

- First of all, how do i know what year model map should i use? I haven't found any reliable and well working vin decoder to check what's the real built date of my car, since the registeration date doesn't necessarily tell the whole truth.

- If I have got it right, the euro spec map is "AUS/EDM ron 98". In Finland where i live the fuels being sold are 95 and 98 octanes (Shell have also 99+ octane fuel).
Since the 95 octane is cheapest could I also have the possibility of using "USDM/CADM 93 oct" map and use 95 octane fuel with that map? (with ron98 map I think there might be quite big risk having knocking with 95 octane fuel)
This isn't really important, more like "nice to know" kind of thing.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Hello, and welcome.

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Hi all! I'm new in here and have couple questions about these gst maps. (hope you understand me, my english isn't very fluent)

- First of all, how do i know what year model map should i use? I haven't found any reliable and well working vin decoder to check what's the real built date of my car, since the registeration date doesn't necessarily tell the whole truth.
There is a way - once you've read your stock ROM, you can upload it here...

http://goldenevo.com/romcheck.php

...and it will tell you your ROM ID. From that, we can point to the compatible Base Map, guaranteed.

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
- If I have got it right, the euro spec map is "AUS/EDM ron 98". In Finland where i live the fuels being sold are 95 and 98 octanes (Shell have also 99+ octane fuel).
Since the 95 octane is cheapest could I also have the possibility of using "USDM/CADM 93 oct" map and use 95 octane fuel with that map? (with ron98 map I think there might be quite big risk having knocking with 95 octane fuel).
To use the AUS/EDM Base Map as-is, you would want to be running at least 98RON fuel. That's what it is tuned for. There isn't a "lower octane" AUS/EDM base map. Mine is AUS, and we've got a sticker on the filler cap saying "98RON" - even stock, it's not really meant to use lower octane fuel. As you said, it would knock pretty badly.

You can't use the USDM ROM on your EDM car.

But, if you were dead-set keen to use lower octane, you could start with the 98RON Base Map and get it retuned to lower octane. It wouldn't be hard to do that as a "special project" for you - the individual fuel/timing/boost maps from the USDM 95oct Base Maps would get you 99% there, I reckon.

But seriously, use 98RON. It'll go faster, and be more fun to drive.

Rich
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

I read before that knock sums of 4 and 5 needs a little bit of tweaking while 1-3 should be fine.

So my car is a DD and I constantly get 4 and 5, sometimes 8 at rpms between 1100-2300 while Ect at 174-176 farenheit and tps around 20-30%.

Any input will be appreciated...

Last edited by spekil; Mar 31, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:20 PM

Ok so i have been running the Base Map with out the Pill for about 1 week. My boost pill should be here wednesday. My question is when i do my dataloging im looking for my boost in PSI but its only Boost Map. What do i have to do to get it to show PSI and what is Boost Map? Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2012, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure what Boost Map is. You may well be running a more recent version of EvoScan, with renamed logging items. If you post up the details of what you're logging, it would help. And your ROM ID.

Rich
Old Apr 1, 2012, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Beta Base Maps - v27.019 Balance #17

Hi everyone. I've taken the beta a few steps further. It's time for...

Beta Base Maps - v27.019 Balance #17 (zipped)

If your ROM isn't in that ZIP, and you reeeeally want to try this, just let me know. I'm happy to keep adding them on demand. If and when I add more in, I'll just repackage the zipfile and upload it with the same name.

Changes are as follows:

(1) More smoothness down low, in the "Dr. Jekyll" zone.

Modified the timing used during upshifts at ligher loads.

I can't exactly take credit for creating anything new here - all I did was pilfer something from Bryan's back catalog of Base Maps. I borrowed some of the Lower Boundary Timing table from the "v20 Base Map". It makes for a smoother upshift when driving sedately - so in line with the goals of this Balance beta project.

Let me know if you reckon it gels with the overall feel. I certainly like it.

(2) More aggression up top, in the "Mr. Hyde" zone.

You should have less clutch slip at peak boost. Huzzah!

(3) High-boost protection: Gears 4, 5 and 6.

It's not polite to ask these engines to accept high load at low rpm in tall gears.

Thanks to the ECU's built-in gear-dependent boost control facility, gears 4/5/6 will now run their own set of boost-target and BWGDC maps. The idea is to protect the engine from going WOT with an unwise gear selection.

So if someone drives your car, flicks the right paddle, gets confused and then holds the accelerator to the floor in 6th gear at 1500rpm, you stand a better chance of keeping your rods inside the engine block!

This still doesn't make it "safe" or "okay" to drive like that. A lower gear is just a paddle-flick away!

For those of you who are happy to trial beta releases, please let me know how it drives for you.

Enjoy!

edit #1: PLEASE double-check that you have selected the CORRECT Beta Base Map file for flashing. They are all in a single zip, so it is up to YOU to pick the right one for your vehicle. One of the joys of being a brave beta tester!

edit #2: No, this is not an April Fools gag. There really is a new beta.

Rich

Last edited by richardjh; Apr 1, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait...

Name:  17593621.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  80.9 KB

Last edited by BravoZero; Apr 1, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

It's real. C'mon, would I do something that cruel to you?

Rich
Old Apr 1, 2012, 07:51 AM

I'm running Evo Scan V2.9, This is all the information it tells me. Request CAN6-0, Function 0.49*x, Reading is empty, and Untis is kPa. The rom im running is
2011_RA_USDM_BaseMap_StockPILL_91oct_V27.018_balan ce_16.hex If this is not what you mean let me know ill try to get you the information you need. Also if need be i can link my Data Log File. Im still very very new to this sorry
Old Apr 1, 2012, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Right, I have no idea what that is. Perhaps you've selected "CAN OBDII" for the "Select ECU" option.

Try selecting one of the "Mode23 ..." choices.

Look for one where the "Request" column has "23808752" in it. THAT is the correct RAM address for logging Boost on your ROM.

If you can't find any "Mode23" style option that works, pm me. I can point you at the logging addresses you need...

Rich

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap