Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
So am I correct that this free-revving downshift hasn't impacted anyone above 20mph... or thereabouts?

And only when in - or downshifting to - 1st gear?

And only in NORMAL mode?
Hi Rich, I think you must have either missed it completely or possibly just misread my recent post, because I said I was in AUTO/SPORT(NOT Auto/Normal) mode and I was in 2ND GEAR(NOT 1st gear). Please look at my post #3026 again for the full story....

Last edited by Slee256; Apr 5, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Noted! SPORT mode also up for tweakage, then.

While you were in 2nd when you floored it, from your description it sounds like it downshifted to 1st - eventually.

Rich
Old Apr 5, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Noted! SPORT mode also up for tweakage, then.

While you were in 2nd when you floored it, from your description it sounds like it downshifted to 1st - eventually.

Rich
Yep, that's a strong possibility, but I was keeping my eyes on the road so didn't notice if it downshifted back to 1st or not. And just for the record, I NEVER go WOT in NORMAL mode! I'll only floor it in Auto/Sport or Manual/Sport mode since logical thinking would dictate that Mitsubishi meant for Sport mode to be driven hard and Normal mode to be driven more like you have eggs in the trunk.....although maybe the Mitsubishi Engineers are not logical thinkers like me!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

New SST tune beta - Balance #18

Hi guys.

A little update for ya...

ZIP of Base Maps - v27.021 BETA SST Tune Balance #18

Have a good old drive on this, and let me know how 1st gear feels. No other gears or SST things modified.

Tester advisory #1: I am now engaged in a big push to rationalise and tidy up ALL 30 base map ROMs, so that there is maximum consistency across all of them. Feel free to compare ROMs in EcuFlash and ask me if/why I've done this or that. If you don't want to pollute this thread (which is now 3000+ posts!), you can email me direct: raxpatch {at} gmail {dot} com

Tester advisory #2: Please be very careful choosing the correct ROM for YOUR specific vehicle. They are all in one big ZIP, so it's up to YOU. As noted previously... this is one of the joys of being a brave beta tester!

Rich

Last edited by richardjh; Apr 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Fixed my email address. Duh...
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Using EvoScan is it normal that everytime I update to a newer ROM I keep getting the codes:

U0100
P1871

I clear them and they go away for good though. Anything to be concerned about? I really have no idea what those codes mean.

Then sometime after Driving I get P20B8 any idea what it means? I looked it up but cant find anything from google.

P20B8 - Generic
Type Powertrain - Fuel and Air Metering and Auxiliary Emission Controls - ISO/SAE Controlled
Description
Reductant Metering Unit Heater Control Circuit High

I have no idea what that means.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting codes after a flash is 100% normal.

Getting new codes after going for a drive is not...
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
New Evoscan does not scan codes correctly. Those are bogus codes. Do not use it for that.

Use Ecuflash to identify and clear codes.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

why does evoscan give bogus code?

Well, Im sure its my O2 sensor then on the resonated test pipe.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speaking of the new EvoScan 2.9, anyone else having trouble logging correctly with it? I set it up just like I did for the previous version but it's all screwy. I went back to 2.8 and it works perfectly.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BravoZero
Speaking of the new EvoScan 2.9, anyone else having trouble logging correctly with it? I set it up just like I did for the previous version but it's all screwy. I went back to 2.8 and it works perfectly.
its screwy, screwed, or its purposely spitting out bogus data to make us think its working. sigh..
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:30 PM

I'm still on balance #16 but I was driving in normal/manual and my car decided to do a ghost upshift into 3rd right after I went into 2nd. I haven't been able to recreate the issue after that one time though.

Also, I went WOT on it in sport/manual through 1st and got off the gas shifting into 2nd and my friend who was behind me said he saw my left exhaust tip shoot a flame out .... I have a 3in magnaflow exhaust and a 3in test pipe but I don't think that's normal... should I be worried?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Haha, the good old test-pipe flame-thrower.

Some people deliberately tune big timing retard through their upshift map cells (or launch cells) so that they shoot flames out their exhausts. I even read one guy's comment that he did it to "intimidate the guy in the other lane at the drags!"

Oh, and I think people were talking about "ghost" shifts being the weird, momentary downshift indication on the dash display - a downshift that wasn't requested - which then reverts back up to the original gear. And may not even be felt as a mechanical gearshift at all. So unrelated to the SST just breezing through a gear without spending any quality time in it.

Hmm, we need an SST lexicon. Maybe deliberately wrong, to cause more confusion... if that's possible.

- GHOST SHIFT: Poltergeist that can be heard wailing inside twin-clutch transmissions (especially in 1st gear) and changing gears all by itself.

- REV. HANG: A reverand, lynched by a mob of manual gearbox mechanics, now reputed to possess twin-clutch transmissions. See GHOST SHIFT.

- SLOW DOWN: A lifestyle suggestion, displayed by ultra-modern vehicles fitted with GPP (Genuine People Personalities).

etc.

Rich

PS. I know, I know...
Old Apr 7, 2012, 05:08 AM

This has been an excerpt from the Mad Scientist Definition Directory!
Old Apr 7, 2012, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

I got a chance to test going WOT in AUTO mode today on Balance #18.

Well, briefly. One test in NORMAL mode, and one in SPORT. Not much of a serious trial, I know! Still, a good start.

I'm a manual-mode driver, and have always pre-selected the gear before applying throttle. So I was surprised as to how smooth this AUTO downshift was. I'd expected it to unbalance the car, but it was seamless.

So a big two-thumbs-up for my ADM 2009 on Balance #18 SST tune for my first "AUTO WOT" tests. I'd like to do more, especially with a really hot transmission... but today's little blast was problem-free for me.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap-2012.04.07_wot_test_1.png   2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap-2012.04.07_wot_test_2.png  
Old Apr 7, 2012, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

I got a chance to test going WOT in AUTO mode today on Balance #18.

Well, briefly. One test in NORMAL mode, and one in SPORT. Not much of a serious trial, I know! Still, a good start.

I'm a manual-mode driver, and have always pre-selected the gear before applying throttle. So I was surprised as to how smooth this AUTO downshift was. I'd expected it to unbalance the car, but it was seamless.
Yep, I definitely much prefer to be in Auto/Sport mode whenever going WOT, since that way I can keep both eyes on the road instead of watching the tach to see when I'm hitting redline and need to manually shift in time before bouncing off the rev limiter

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap