Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gst ?

Although a couple of us asked earlier, i don't think you saw. Do you figure the 93 oct map would be alright with upgraded intercooler and pipes? I will log it for sure after my computer gets back from service.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 08:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tommy Di Cat
Although a couple of us asked earlier, i don't think you saw. Do you figure the 93 oct map would be alright with upgraded intercooler and pipes? I will log it for sure after my computer gets back from service.
Should be fine as long as it's IC pipes / FMIC only and no changes to the intake.

- Bryan
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
has anyone dynoed the new 93 oct map yet????? i am so curious what it will run.. i gained 44whp via email flash from ttp and i am currently enjoying the GST map for few days.. but a closest dyno is 2 hours away. I am not going to one untill next weekend. please someone post up some numbers with and no boost pill
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Should be fine as long as it's IC pipes / FMIC only and no changes to the intake.

- Bryan
Good to know. Would the same apply for exhaust?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boondoc
I have to image it does. The only things that would really throw off the tune are things that affect the airflow/AFR of the engine: intakes, boost pills, fuel injectors, throttle bodies, turbos , etc. Those are all no-nos without a custom tune.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
That's a good question, I was going to ask Bryan the same thing because I just installed his 93 octane basemap with GST upgraded boost pill and now I was thinking about a catback or axleback exhaust, but I don't want to do anything that will cause problems with the car.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:58 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Slee256
That's a good question, I was going to ask Bryan the same thing because I just installed his 93 octane basemap with GST upgraded boost pill and now I was thinking about a catback or axleback exhaust, but I don't want to do anything that will cause problems with the car.
Catback should be fine. Changing the cat to high flow or test pipe would need some tweaks.

The boost systems error correction will kick in with more flow.

Do those mods, get some good logs for me, and I can make a catback basemap if needed.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:23 PM

Catback should be fine. Changing the cat to high flow or test pipe would need some tweaks.

Do those mods, get some good logs for me, and I can make a catback basemap if needed.
since i started using this basemap, i recently changed my downpipe to 3" and my cat to a high flow one. i've noticed that i seem to be using less gasoline than i was when i first flashed in your basemap. i think i'm running leaner. should i be logging to find out what's going on? thanks brian
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet! Thanx.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Wow!

Flashed my RA with the shop computer(couldn't wait). She definitely pulls in the top end rpms, none of that fall flat on your face power band.In stock form it always felt like the turbo was anemic. Thanks GST and Bryan for great work.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:09 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tommy Di Cat
Flashed my RA with the shop computer(couldn't wait). She definitely pulls in the top end rpms, none of that fall flat on your face power band.In stock form it always felt like the turbo was anemic. Thanks GST and Bryan for great work.
Glad you are happy with it!

- Bryan
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:48 AM

91 Octane Question

Okay now this may sound like some stupid questions but I am still a real newbie to all of this so here it goes.

Would the 91 OCT basemap be better for the Ralliart than the stock map? I ask this because in the book it says it is recommended to run 93 OCT or 91 OCT if that is all that is available, so wouldn't a map that is meant specifically for 91 OCT be better for the car?

Also, in trying to learn about all of this stuff, I want to do more to help give back the community by providing more logs. Does anyone have a recommended Wideband that is easy for someone with little experience to install, and good enough to give accurate readings?

One last things, would I be able to go off of the following how-to thread (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...oost-pill.html) to install the GST boost pill?

Much appreciated in advance for your responses and thanks for helping out a newcomer.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:58 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by rAWjAW
Okay now this may sound like some stupid questions but I am still a real newbie to all of this so here it goes.

Would the 91 OCT basemap be better for the Ralliart than the stock map? I ask this because in the book it says it is recommended to run 93 OCT or 91 OCT if that is all that is available, so wouldn't a map that is meant specifically for 91 OCT be better for the car?

Also, in trying to learn about all of this stuff, I want to do more to help give back the community by providing more logs. Does anyone have a recommended Wideband that is easy for someone with little experience to install, and good enough to give accurate readings?

One last things, would I be able to go off of the following how-to thread (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...oost-pill.html) to install the GST boost pill?

Much appreciated in advance for your responses and thanks for helping out a newcomer.
Yes that how-to is good. Here is another to assist you:

As far as if these base maps are *better* for the car, that is up to you to determine. You will get better performance and most of the time, better mileage, than the factory tune.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:18 AM

hi everyone, i just bought a white sportback ralliart and thinking of re-flashing the car. i wonder if anyone thinks that the posted rom/map file should have a checksum to verify the integrity of the file. after all, internet data transmission is not 100% error free and even one bit of error may cause damage to the car?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Bryan, I have a ScanGauge II mounted on the dashboard of my 09 Ralliart and I've been running your 2009 USDM/CADM - 93 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade tune since the first day you posted it, and one thing I've noticed is that the A/F ratio is locked on at 14.6 all the time no matter if I'm running the car hard or just doing some normal driving. With the factory stock tune, my A/F ratio used to fluctuate a little(mostly downward) depending on how hard I was driving the car. I've heard that 14.6 is the goal when tuning a car, so I was just wondering if you intentionally tried to shoot for that A/F ratio consistency, or if it's just the unintended positive result of the quality basemap that you created?

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap