Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slee256
Hey Bryan, I have a ScanGauge II mounted on the dashboard of my 09 Ralliart and I've been running your 2009 USDM/CADM - 93 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade tune since the first day you posted it, and one thing I've noticed is that the A/F ratio is locked on at 14.6 all the time no matter if I'm running the car hard or just doing some normal driving. With the factory stock tune, my A/F ratio used to fluctuate a little(mostly downward) depending on how hard I was driving the car. I've heard that 14.6 is the goal when tuning a car, so I was just wondering if you intentionally tried to shoot for that A/F ratio consistency, or if it's just the unintended positive result of the quality basemap that you created?
Did you log it under boost? I believe anything in closed loop its going to try to go 14.6:1
And open loop its going to read how much air and boost there is. Then try to keep it rich under boost.

Last edited by Bom's Evo; Nov 15, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Slee256;
I've heard that 14.6 is the goal when tuning a car,
No, 14.7 is the goal of the ecu under cruising conditions and light acceleration (closed loop) since this is the AFR that yields the best emissions. If you are reading the value from the factory O2 sensor then I think it is only capable of displaying a small range of values.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 10:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Slee256
Hey Bryan, I have a ScanGauge II mounted on the dashboard of my 09 Ralliart and I've been running your 2009 USDM/CADM - 93 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade tune since the first day you posted it, and one thing I've noticed is that the A/F ratio is locked on at 14.6 all the time no matter if I'm running the car hard or just doing some normal driving. With the factory stock tune, my A/F ratio used to fluctuate a little(mostly downward) depending on how hard I was driving the car. I've heard that 14.6 is the goal when tuning a car, so I was just wondering if you intentionally tried to shoot for that A/F ratio consistency, or if it's just the unintended positive result of the quality basemap that you created?
Closed loop (idle, cruise, light throttle) the ECU will always strive for stoich mixture which is 14.7, at WOT the mixture will be much richer.

You would need a proper wideband AFR sensor and gauge to see true air/fuel mixture.

Hope this answers your question.

- Bryan
Old Nov 16, 2009, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

I picked up the boost pill today and upgraded the basemap. So much of a difference. Thank you GST (Bryan).
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:05 PM

The more I read about this, the more I want to do it to my RA (running 93 octane, looks like I got here at the perfect time).

Sorry, I'm a noob at advanced car stuff, so bear with me.

Is it easy to download the stock basemap from the car, so that I can put it back on later?

Also, my dealership looks pretty legit, so they might be able to check ECU flash history. Wouldn't they only check it in instances where they have to upgrade it, or something of the sort? Not just for regular servicing, right?

Lastly, I'm gonna put in a drop-in air filter (HKS), that won't affect things too much right?

It's a leased car, so I hope there won't be too many problems when I flash. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it), all I need is the Tactrix cable.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Electromechanic
The more I read about this, the more I want to do it to my RA (running 93 octane, looks like I got here at the perfect time).

Sorry, I'm a noob at advanced car stuff, so bear with me.

Is it easy to download the stock basemap from the car, so that I can put it back on later?
I'm a noob too and it was very simple. Just buy the cable, download ECUFlash, plug it in, and press the "Read from ECU" button. Then, download the basemap for 93 octane and click the "Write to ECU" button. Don't freak out when your car starts doing weird stuff when you read and write from the ECU, it is normal. If you are still unsure, just search the forums and there are more guides and some videos on how to do it.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

WOW thanks GST... (Just found this thread and must subscribe) don't have the time to read through all these pages at the moment but not here for the boring my gas is better than your gas comparisons. Can't get a hold of tactrix cable right now but looking to see results on stock RA 93 octane in cold weather (new england)
Old Nov 22, 2009, 07:45 PM

Would the 93 Octane Base Flash with Boost Pill be safe to run with a WORKS filter and BOV? Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hasu12
hi noob question

would this flash work for australia with 98 octane?
+1

Would love a base map for 98 RON here in Oz. This has got me excited.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Catback should be fine. Changing the cat to high flow or test pipe would need some tweaks.

The boost systems error correction will kick in with more flow.

Do those mods, get some good logs for me, and I can make a catback basemap if needed.
Hey Bryan, I want to say some things about your work.
First, i think this community should have more people like you around that enjoys helping people out. I think the community owe you more then what you owe them. I bet everyone who uses your flash knows that.
Second, related to the quote you said. I think most people who owns a Ralliart would have a cat-back exhaust. And we all will appreciated if you would make a catback basemap. Thanks.
Third i am new to all this ecu flash and everything how do i flash my ecu for an Ur air intake. Thanks. If it is too hard i might just go back to the oem intake please let me know thanks.

Last edited by lancera; Nov 22, 2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Griffin5
+1

Would love a base map for 98 RON here in Oz. This has got me excited.
What does your guys 98oct RON equal to AKI (R+M)/2 ??
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
What does your guys 98oct RON equal to AKI (R+M)/2 ??
I believe its similar to your 93 or 94 Octane but there are other settings (ID numbers and the like) that make an AUS spec RA different. The current AUS spec base maps are for a 91 Oct equivalent (as far as I know).
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:50 PM
Account Disabled

Yea I still need to get around to the 93 oct AUS BaseMap. Sorry been busy. Will try to put it up this week.

- Bryan
Old Nov 23, 2009, 02:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Yea I still need to get around to the 93 oct AUS BaseMap. Sorry been busy. Will try to put it up this week.

- Bryan
No need to apologise Bryan. What you've done for the community is truely inspiring. I'm happy to wait till you have the time mate.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

hey bryan will the 93 oct base flash work for me if i have a catback exhaust from Ultimate racing and i ultimate racing intake

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap