Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Option A.

As long as the first 4 ROM ID digits match, they are happily interchangeable.

Rich
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
Option A.

As long as the first 4 ROM ID digits match, they are happily interchangeable.

Rich
Thanks Rich!

My Tactrix arrived today, but I'm still waiting for the boost pill.

Anyone here modding their Tactrix to remove/disable pin 9? Merlin's Ralliart/EvoX tuning guide suggests doing so, but I don't know how essential that is.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Pin 9 removal? Ignore that. It's for older Evos... and probably isn't a problem these days, anyway!

For those of you with the weird P050B cold start thing...

If I understand it correctly, the ECU uses timing from the "High Octane Timing Map" MINUS the "Ignition Warmup Retard". It then applies the "Lower Boundary Timing Map", ie. a lower limit.

"Ignition Warmup Retard" is a blanket 10 degrees on my Ralliart ROM.

If P050B is a case of "my timing isn't as retarded as I want it", it's probably because the "Lower Boundary Timing Map" isn't letting the retard go all the way to 10 degrees.

But... there's the thing... there is PLENTY of headroom in the "Lower Boundary Timing Map" for warmup retard, right up until 120 load.

This is why I want logs. If you are driving off right after cold start and reaching 120 load, then the timing will be squeezed by the lower boundary map, and *perhaps* P050B will pop up.

If this DTC never pops up if you let it idle for a little bit, the above theory seems more likely.

Our first attempt at a fix would then be to give the timing more room for warmup retard around 120 load. IF that doesn't impact upshift feel, it'll be a good fix.

If it DOES impact upshift feel, we can look to reduce the warmup retard itself over 120 load. We have 10 degrees... but the Evolution X ROM I just looked at uses only 5 degrees.

So... logs required. Otherwise we're just guessing without any real evidence.

Cheers,

Rich
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Richard, for me the cel comes on at startup at any temps below 3*C (hasn't happened if I'm already driving and it gets that cold). Goes away on a startup above 3* it seems but won't if the temp outside rises while I'm still driving.

Just my luck it is too warm for me to log the cel today
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

P050B... I reckon this is the culprit:

(That's Celsius scale)

This gets added to the Lower Boundary Timing Map based on coolant temp.

Adding 22 degrees to the LBTM when stone cold will push that timing boundary up way high... over the High Octane Timing Map.

Not quite sure where "Ignition Warmup Retard" comes in here... and I still have to suss out the CORRECT way to address this...

...but this looks like progress to me.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap-2012.11.18_vs_cts.png  
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
if i was to interpret this graph is it saying that if its a certain degree outside, the coolant temp should be at a certain temperature?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rich,

Are the V3 maps posted including the load scaling or do I just get the new definitions and adjust my current map?

-Will
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crak
if i was to interpret this graph is it saying that if its a certain degree outside, the coolant temp should be at a certain temperature?
No, it's a timing "degrees" adjustment, based on coolant temp.

Originally Posted by deprydation
Rich,

Are the V3 maps posted including the load scaling or do I just get the new definitions and adjust my current map?

-Will
Load scaling, as in the newly published "Load Ramp Rate"? No, the current "first post" map links (30.007) don't have any of that stuff tweaked.

Rich
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, it's a timing "degrees" adjustment, based on coolant temp.

Load scaling, as in the newly published "Load Ramp Rate"? No, the current "first post" map links (30.007) don't have any of that stuff tweaked.

Rich
That's what I meant. Lol made that post last second at work
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:52 PM

I need help flashing my ecu. I just ordered my Tactrix cable and AMS Boost pill.
Ive Downloaded ecu flash and im trying to load the GST basement just to try it before i actually flash my car. I cant seem to figure out how to load the map. When i download the file it is in the format of .hex. Im so confused and dont know how to load it in ecu flash. Ive read pretty much everything and still cant figure it out. If anyone can help i would really appreciate it. Thanks. If someone can create a step by step for a sticky that would be amazing for all the technically incapable people( like myself )
Btw THANKYOU RAZORLAB!!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by jlog1506
I need help flashing my ecu. I just ordered my Tactrix cable and AMS Boost pill.
Ive Downloaded ecu flash and im trying to load the GST basement just to try it before i actually flash my car. I cant seem to figure out how to load the map. When i download the file it is in the format of .hex. Im so confused and dont know how to load it in ecu flash. Ive read pretty much everything and still cant figure it out. If anyone can help i would really appreciate it. Thanks. If someone can create a step by step for a sticky that would be amazing for all the technically incapable people( like myself )
Btw THANKYOU RAZORLAB!!
Do you have the definition file from golden's website?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jlog1506
If someone can create a step by step for a sticky that would be amazing for all the technically incapable people( like myself )
Btw THANKYOU RAZORLAB!!

Go to the "Stickies" up top in this forum sub-section.

Open the "Useful Threads Thread".

Click on the first thread listed, something like "ECU Stuff For Dummies".

See how you get on.

If any of it is out of date, just post revisions in that thread, and I'll update it.

Rich
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go to the "Stickies" up top in this forum sub-section.

Open the "Useful Threads Thread".

Click on the first thread listed, something like "ECU Stuff For Dummies".

See how you get on.

If any of it is out of date, just post revisions in that thread, and I'll update it.

Rich
Here's a link to the thread that Rich is referring to: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...f-dummies.html
This is a pretty complicated thread and thus may not help you much, but maybe you're smarter than me and will be able to figure it out just by doing some very careful reading. By the way, asking for help from "Razorlab" really isn't going to get you anywhere because Razorlab(Bryan) is no longer actively involved with these basemaps. If you have a specific question, direct it towards member "richardjh"(Richard) and he may be able to help you. If he does, consider making a donation to him via Paypal by sending the funds to raxpatch@gmail.com.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Slee256
Here's a link to the thread that Rich is referring to: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...f-dummies.html
This is a pretty complicated thread and thus may not help you much, but maybe you're smarter than me and will be able to figure it out just by doing some very careful reading. By the way, asking for help from "Razorlab" really isn't going to get you anywhere because Razorlab(Bryan) is no longer actively involved with these basemaps. If you have a specific question, direct it towards member "richardjh"(Richard) and he may be able to help you. If he does, consider making a donation to him via Paypal by sending the funds to raxpatch@gmail.com.
I have read that post and as you said it is very complicating. Idk how everyone does it. I will figure it out hopefully. The people have GST have done enough for us so its our job to figure it out. I will keep trying. Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by jcklimper
Do you have the definition file from golden's website?
I attempted downloading that file but I can't figure out where to save it to or what is actually means. It won't let me save to any files in ecu flash. I am also running on a macbook. Does that change anything?

Last edited by jlog1506; Nov 24, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap