Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...cu-locked.html

found that link maybe its been flashed before or it has been locked by the dealer??

now to try and find out more on unlocking it...

Last edited by hirev_chris; Jan 12, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Exclamation Update to Existing Base Maps

UPDATE TO EXISTING BASE MAPS

I've rolled all the recent discoveries and developments into the Base Maps... so we have a new version.

Download the full set of Base Maps here.

PLEASE double-check your selection - stockpill vs. boostpill, 91oct vs. 93oct, etc. All the ROMs are in one zipfile, so choose carefully. Flash safely. Drive safely. Eat plenty of fresh fruit. Get some exercise. Don't run with scissors.

Changes are as follows:
  • USDM versions now have P050B DTC disabled. This is a "for information only" DTC that is specific to US Ralliarts. It can whinge about cold-start ignition timing retard when the coolant temperature is low. Annoying... so disabled.
  • Load Ramp Rate #1 has been revised. This resolves a longstanding problem with Ralliart spool-up timing and fuelling, whereby the load calc couldn't keep up with the super-fast spool of the TD04. This change means less chance of knock. It may even mean more SST clutch pressure at peak boost, if we're lucky. In terms of driveability, you will find the vehicle more responsive to partially throttling back when under boost. That situation definitely feels sharper with this change in place.
  • Removed an old workaround intended to reduce knock at peak boost - not required, now that we have the above. This was an ignition timing retard, based on MIVEC lag. Redundant... so removed.
  • RAX Fast Logging now enabled in all Base Maps. This means you can use EvoScan 2.9.0023 or later in "RAX Fast Logging" mode. With this, I get 20 lines a second - 35-odd logging items recorded.
  • Another load-related change that should smooth out the load curve when at WOT. Less of those odd steps up/down on the load graph.

No 2013 ROMs in this lot. That's a whole different ball game, with lots of patches needing to be ported, tables discovered, etc. All in due course.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

Rich
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:51 AM

Thank you Sir Rich!! Test n tune time!!

Best regards,

Chris
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:40 PM

wish i could try these or at least know whats on my ecu at minimum, tried the unlocker and no luck... so lost right now.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Love the new basemap, feels like a definite improvement over the previous version! Rich, I just made another donation to your Paypal account, and everyone else using these new basemaps should consider doing the same thing!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hirev_chris
wish i could try these or at least know whats on my ecu at minimum, tried the unlocker and no luck... so lost right now.
My advice is to start a separate thread for your EcuFlash issue. We can check a few things there, as opposed to filling up the "GST Base Map" thread with even more off-topic stuff.

I'd suggest the Evo X EcuFlash sub-forum. The RA and X ECUs are the same, and a LOT more people read that sub-forum than read this "niche" RA thread.

Rich
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by richardjh
My advice is to start a separate thread for your EcuFlash issue. We can check a few things there, as opposed to filling up the "GST Base Map" thread with even more off-topic stuff.

I'd suggest the Evo X EcuFlash sub-forum. The RA and X ECUs are the same, and a LOT more people read that sub-forum than read this "niche" RA thread.

Rich

thanks for the input and never meant to steer things off topic, just frustrated with my lack of luck. i have read thru nearly everything i can find and most from that section. i dont think that i will get anything further by creating another thread there... o well we'll see. thanks again and sorry for the off topic stuff, even more so in a thread thats given back so much to the RA community.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ill load it up tonight and see get the gf to drive to see the notices and make note.

Thanks rich
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:19 AM

Ok,

Newest revision runs well!31.001
So far I havent truly gotten to flog it, but half throttle spool up seems much improved, rev's NICE and SMOOTH!!!

Great work Sir!!

Thank you!!

EDIT: Shifting in sport mode is super quick and positive, not harsh, but imediate!!

Last edited by cjsabaki; Jan 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:32 AM

Hey Richard,

What was changed with this?
"Another load-related change that should smooth out the load curve when at WOT. Less of those odd steps up/down on the load graph."
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Something from tephra, named "Load multiplier end when TPS decreased by % (hysteresis)".

If you delve deep enough into logging the load-calc inputs, you'll see weird stuff like (B) below...

* Ignore the (A) stuff. Look at (B).

Often, a 3rd gear pull from 2000rpm will show a little kink in the load curve at 4500rpm... which feeds into table lookups for timing, fuel, etc.

A tiny tweak to that parameter cleans everything up nicely...

* Again, ignore the (A) stuff. Look at the distinct lack of a (B).

I don't think I've added that new data item to Golden's defs yet, so you won't "see" it. But I sussed out the Basemap-related addresses, and applied the change to all the v31.001 maps.

Rich

PS. That cool "load calc" data stuff is all available in RAX Fast Logging... which is set up in v31.001.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:54 AM

I am very tempted in copying over all my changes from 30.006 beta over to this and, give it a shot. So you finally went with 7.84% for the LRR? Any of the weird side effect present with 7.84%?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Rich thanks for all the effort you put into the new maps. The car feels noticeably more responsive and smooth. I also noticed an immediate difference in the exhaust note from my turboback. At startup it used to grumble and now it is smoother and quieter. Also sounds slightly less grumbly under acceleration. I like the new sound, but I can't imagine why remapping would change the exhaust note. Did anyone else notice the same?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, I'm curious to see how this will go. Gonna try it out tonight.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap