Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo x intercooler, X licp. UR uicp, 3" exhaust from downpipe all the way back, X bpv, boostpill running 93/oct with bstpill and tbe GST map, what to do for a UR intake that i got for free? custom tune? log data and send it to someone that knows what they are doing?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CustomizeItAll
Evo x intercooler, X licp. UR uicp, 3" exhaust from downpipe all the way back, X bpv, boostpill running 93/oct with bstpill and tbe GST map, what to do for a UR intake that i got for free? custom tune? log data and send it to someone that knows what they are doing?
Install. Clear fuel trims and log while driving like a granny (under 3k rpm) for an hour or so. Rescale MAF settings. Repeat until trims are within +/- 2ish (less if you are more ****, like me). Once scaling is done, make a couple 3rd gear pulls while logging and paying close attention to wideband afr (in case it gets funky and you need to let off early in the pull). Review logs/data and adjust tune as needed.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 09:19 AM

Thanks...i will get on this when i get home from work. Just to be clear i have installed everything but the intake. Once i install it follow the steps above with the intake on to tune it after an hour of granny driving rite?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 03:42 PM

This is one EPIC THREAD! Great to see it though, I have been looking into getting the Cobb AP but after seeing this makes me feel better about the Tactrix 2.0...the only issue is I have a 2013. Now I haven't gone through all 277 pages, but what are the chances pre-map will come out for my Ralliart?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Stockpill maps for USDM 2013 are already available... see here.

I have Boostpill maps, but am not comfortable posting them up without anyone having the ability to log wideband o2 sensor readings (to review air/fuel mixture).

I did post them up briefly, but one of the two guys who tested it (sans wideband) had a lot of knock. In my opinion, it was probably poor fuel quality (something sub-91 octane sold as 91oct), but I'm not willing to bet anyone's engine on that, lol. So not publicly available just yet.

If anyone really wants 2013 Boostpill tune, email me direct: raxpatch {at} gmail {dot} com

Rich
Old Aug 13, 2013, 07:13 PM

GST is the S#iiiiit.... I have a friend with a 2012 ralli with the same upgrades as me and he is running COBB.. i have a 09 with tactrix, atleast 2 cars ahead from the moment we punch it... hes not very happy with me lately..lol
Old Aug 13, 2013, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CustomizeItAll
Thanks...i will get on this when i get home from work. Just to be clear i have installed everything but the intake. Once i install it follow the steps above with the intake on to tune it after an hour of granny driving rite?
It's a kind-of unrefined method of tuning, but yes, it should allow you to use the intake safely with the GST map as your starting point, so long as you are able to properly monitor the car and make the necessary adjustments. Once the scaling is correct and the car is able to properly recognize the amount of air flowing into it, then you can begin to adjust the rest of the settings to where you want them

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Aug 13, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scottishsamurai
This is one EPIC THREAD! Great to see it though, I have been looking into getting the Cobb AP but after seeing this makes me feel better about the Tactrix 2.0...the only issue is I have a 2013. Now I haven't gone through all 277 pages, but what are the chances pre-map will come out for my Ralliart?
Currently Cobb doesn't support the 2013 RA, so Tactrix and the GST tune is your best and only bet.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 07:09 PM

Just got an email from Tactrix...not what i really wanted to hear lol; "The one thing I will caution you on is that we likely don't have a good definition for your vehicle. You might be able to find one online but I can't say for sure without having the ROM ID which you can't get until you do a read from your ECU. You'll definitely be able to read and write from your ECU using our product but without a definition you won't be able to edit tables. We do plan on working on getting together some Lancer definitions soon, but I wanted to let you know of that potential problem. We have lots of Evo definitions but we're still working on the Lancer definitions." -Tactrix
Old Aug 14, 2013, 07:10 PM

But I just got another email from them basically saying if it wont work for me they will give me a refund.........Tractrix you get a 100% customer service in my book
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottishsamurai
Just got an email from Tactrix...not what i really wanted to hear lol; "The one thing I will caution you on is that we likely don't have a good definition for your vehicle. You might be able to find one online but I can't say for sure without having the ROM ID which you can't get until you do a read from your ECU. You'll definitely be able to read and write from your ECU using our product but without a definition you won't be able to edit tables. We do plan on working on getting together some Lancer definitions soon, but I wanted to let you know of that potential problem. We have lots of Evo definitions but we're still working on the Lancer definitions." -Tactrix
Richard already stated he has basemaps for 2013

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...l#post10701020

You can grab the 2013 Ecuflash definition files here: http://goldenevo.com/

Last edited by razorlab; Aug 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 01:39 PM

Sweet thanks bro
Old Aug 18, 2013, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scotsamurai, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Same deprydation from c4g.org
Old Aug 18, 2013, 04:57 PM

Thanks Will, and will do. I should be getting everything tomorrow so I can start playing with it and learning more.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 09:46 AM

Anyone here (Hopefully Richard) know where I can get a GST boostpill? Or is the ams one ok to use with gst maps?

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap