Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....ok guys..... i dumped my car stock rom to my laptop last night, but the service engine soon lights on now.... any body know what did i do wrong? i didn't upload anything to my car, just dumped stock rom to my laptop, that's it.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by richardjh
Your ROM ID is 58030005.

Can confirm that's 2012 USDM, so you'll be looking to use a Base Map ROM named "2012_RA_USDM_BaseMap_<whatever>".

Rich
thx, now i can move forward to next step.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ltong
....ok guys..... i dumped my car stock rom to my laptop last night, but the service engine soon lights on now.... any body know what did i do wrong? i didn't upload anything to my car, just dumped stock rom to my laptop, that's it.

All good!!
Part of flashing and all that fun!! With ecu flash opened and connected to the car, on the top menu, its either ecu or help, i believe that opens a small menu showing " clear ecu dtc's, select that and run it twice!

Ya got to do it everytime u flash!

Chris
Old Aug 22, 2013, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by cjsabaki
All good!!
Part of flashing and all that fun!! With ecu flash opened and connected to the car, on the top menu, its either ecu or help, i believe that opens a small menu showing " clear ecu dtc's, select that and run it twice!

Ya got to do it everytime u flash!

Chris
wow, thx, i thought i fked it up.... was planning to ...take off the intake then the battery cover, then disconnect neg line....

do you know if dealer can find out if i flash the ecu by myself? i been told to flash the rom back to stock before major service, but also people saying that dealer can check if ecu been flashed.....
Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:35 AM

So I need some info ASAP! just got my Tactrix and ECUflash downloaded, so just because I wanted to see how everthing worked in my ECU and all that I plugged it in. I pushed read ECU, and selected what was stated for the 2012 ralliart. Then did what it said and turned the key to on, and it ran through its stuff. Then is said if im done to shut the car off, so I did. But it was not able to read any info about my ECU. I then unplugged the Tactrix, and started the car, but now I have a checked engine light on? What the hell did I do?!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ltong
wow, thx, i thought i fked it up.... was planning to ...take off the intake then the battery cover, then disconnect neg line....

do you know if dealer can find out if i flash the ecu by myself? i been told to flash the rom back to stock before major service, but also people saying that dealer can check if ecu been flashed.....
Yes I believe the dealership can see the ECU has been altered, but cannot determine how.
I had my car flashed with the Basemaps and needed warranty work done on my tranny. A complete replacement in fact.

The service manager asked me to come into his office after he read my entire ECU.
He said my ECU had been tampered with. I denied everything and told him its never been touched.

I told him the only people who touched the ECU were his mechanics when putting updates into the ECU.

I stuck to my story and didnt give in. They will try to trick you.

It worked for me, i warranted a new tranny.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Scottishsamurai
So I need some info ASAP! just got my Tactrix and ECUflash downloaded, so just because I wanted to see how everthing worked in my ECU and all that I plugged it in. I pushed read ECU, and selected what was stated for the 2012 ralliart. Then did what it said and turned the key to on, and it ran through its stuff. Then is said if im done to shut the car off, so I did. But it was not able to read any info about my ECU. I then unplugged the Tactrix, and started the car, but now I have a checked engine light on? What the hell did I do?!
dude, see my posts, same issue as mine, people already answered, only few posts in front of yours.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by ArtofRalli
Yes I believe the dealership can see the ECU has been altered, but cannot determine how.
I had my car flashed with the Basemaps and needed warranty work done on my tranny. A complete replacement in fact.

The service manager asked me to come into his office after he read my entire ECU.
He said my ECU had been tampered with. I denied everything and told him its never been touched.

I told him the only people who touched the ECU were his mechanics when putting updates into the ECU.

hmmmmmmm, risky........ looks it's all depends on your local dealer...
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:44 AM

To Ltong,

I literally just did the same thing last night & freaked out. Luckily the guys on clubralliart helped me out the same way they did here!

New question!! I read in Merlin's guide that I should remove the #9 pin from my openport 2.0 has anyone done this??? I am wondering if I just remove it from my extension cable if that'll b good enough? Can anyone confirm this?? I don't wanna go ripping off a pin on a brand new $170 unit if I don't have to. Plus I'd like the capability of flashing Subie's too. I guess I'd rather wreck a $15 cord and not a $170 unit
Old Aug 22, 2013, 01:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
I've never had to touch any pins on any of my OpenPort 2.0 units and I've flashed and read hundreds of Lancers.

As far as CEL when read/write on the SST Mitsubishis. That is normal. It's a CAN network disconnect. Just clear the codes when you do those activities.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ArtofRalli

Are you ****ing kidding me? You're the liar here, not them

Back on-topic; Yeah, like Bryan said, don't bother messing with the pins on the Tactrix and so long as your CEL is for a code P1870 or something like that, just clear it and move on.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Are you ****ing kidding me? You're the liar here, not them.
I agree with you here on principle Kyle, but they were ready to void his transmission warranty for a GST basemap flash that you and I both know did not cause the transmission to fail. So, while I understand your point, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do in order to get coverage for a transmission that is well known for having a sketchy reliability record(even on totally stock factory tune).
Old Aug 22, 2013, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Are you ****ing kidding me? You're the liar here, not them

Back on-topic; Yeah, like Bryan said, don't bother messing with the pins on the Tactrix and so long as your CEL is for a code P1870 or something like that, just clear it and move on.
Ok thanks, yes my code went away so that's good! Thanks guys!!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Slee256
I agree with you here on principle Kyle, but they were ready to void his transmission warranty for a GST basemap flash that you and I both know did not cause the transmission to fail. So, while I understand your point, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do in order to get coverage for a transmission that is well known for having a sketchy reliability record(even on totally stock factory tune).
Oh, I'm not implying that the GST flash caused any issues, whatsoever. I am running it currently, as a matter of fact.

I was only pointing out that he specifically went out of his way to relate a story where he deliberately lied and deceived the dealership to get his car repaired under warranty and then warned about how "they will try to trick you"
Old Aug 22, 2013, 04:13 PM

just ordered GST boost pill, some nice lady picked up phone, they are not taking orders online anymore, just let you guys know. because some people are saying that GST boost pill is different than ams, or UR. i'm not sure but just to be safe, i ordered directly from GST~~~~ $32 well spent.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap