Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please rename to .xls extension and let me know what you think of this data log.

Unfortunately there was too much traffic to put my foot in it any more
Attached Files
File Type: xml
Old Sep 13, 2013, 04:07 PM

I'm running the 2012 91oct boostpill map v.31.003 and get what seems like clutch slip when shifting at WOT. It was doing it with v.30.007 but I chalked it up to needing a tranny flush. The car was back to stock for the flush and seem to handle the power no problem, shifting with a snap on the way home. Change the pill and used the new tune when i got home, problems back. When it shifts the RPMS drop slow. I know the clutches aren't used for the gear change, it changes output shaft. Any ideas on the problem?

My other problem is that it won't log properly. I attached the latest attempt with v.31.003 (evoscan is also saving as .csv I had to convert them to upload)
Attached Files
Old Sep 14, 2013, 03:19 PM

Hello,

I have a question regarding the use of the boost pill.

From what I've taken from this thread, the boost pill requires a tune in order for it to not **** up your car.
Hypothetically, I install the boost pill and get the boost pill map. I take my car in for warranty work and flash my car back to stock so that they don't detect any shenanigans. Would me having the boost pill installed and the stock map cause problems for the few hours or so that they would have it?

Also, I got a 2013 so I know the boostpill map isn't widely available yet, but I'd be willing to get a wideband installed if I can work with you guys getting it working properly.

Also, anyone know how the stockmap would work in an Edmonton Alberta winter? just a little curious.

Thanks for your answers in advance.
MrPop
Old Sep 14, 2013, 03:37 PM

If you flash back to stock change the pill (only takes 5 mins once you know what you are doing). If they took you car out for a quick test run it would overboost and potentially damage the vehicle
Old Sep 14, 2013, 03:59 PM

What tune would be best to use for a cat-back exhaust, boost pill, and AEM intake? I don't have the test pipe yet and it might be a few weeks until I do. I'm currently running the 2010 Ralliart boost-pill upgrade tune and have not installed the intake yet.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just wait on the intake until you have the test pipe and do the tbe/pill/intake tune; unless you have a wideband installed and can constantly monitor your afr
Old Sep 15, 2013, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Just wait on the intake until you have the test pipe and do the tbe/pill/intake tune; unless you have a wideband installed and can constantly monitor your afr
03chi-town0Z wuick question about this.

If you get the test pipe or HFC but leave the stock downpipe does that make it close enough to a TBE? or is that considered TBE?

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
I have a AEM wideband sitting in the box waiting to be installed, trying to figure out what to do for the pillar mount still.
I'll wait just be be safe then, I wasn't sure about the difference between the tunes and how much the lack of a test pipe would throw it off.

RALLI||||||RAT: this might be the answer you're looking for, I read this on the first page the other night:

Stock RA + BoostPill upgrade + TBE:= BoostPill Upgrade and a Turbo Back Exhaust system which means a high flow cat (or test pipe) plus a catback. A downpipe upgrade is ok but is not necessary. People that ONLY have catbacks should use the Stock RA + BoostPill upgrade BaseMap.

Last edited by Funkdog; Sep 15, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RA-12
I'm running the 2012 91oct boostpill map v.31.003 and get what seems like clutch slip when shifting at WOT. It was doing it with v.30.007 but I chalked it up to needing a tranny flush. The car was back to stock for the flush and seem to handle the power no problem, shifting with a snap on the way home. Change the pill and used the new tune when i got home, problems back. When it shifts the RPMS drop slow. I know the clutches aren't used for the gear change, it changes output shaft. Any ideas on the problem?
If you're not happy with the shift feel, don't continue to use it. Take it to an experienced Evo/RA/SST tuner and get a tune done specifically for your vehicle (and its unique quirks!).

Originally Posted by RA-12
My other problem is that it won't log properly. I attached the latest attempt with v.31.003 (evoscan is also saving as .csv I had to convert them to upload)
Switch EvoScan to "RAX Fast Logging" mode. That should work better in every area. These latest base maps have the "RAX Fast Logging" patch installed and enabled.

Rich
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:36 PM

Thank you for the response Rich
Old Sep 15, 2013, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Funkdog
I have a AEM wideband sitting in the box waiting to be installed, trying to figure out what to do for the pillar mount still.
I'll wait just be be safe then, I wasn't sure about the difference between the tunes and how much the lack of a test pipe would throw it off.

RALLI||||||RAT: this might be the answer you're looking for, I read this on the first page the other night:

Stock RA + BoostPill upgrade + TBE:= BoostPill Upgrade and a Turbo Back Exhaust system which means a high flow cat (or test pipe) plus a catback. A downpipe upgrade is ok but is not necessary. People that ONLY have catbacks should use the Stock RA + BoostPill upgrade BaseMap.

A dude you are awesome!!
That's a good eye.

Now I just need a test pipe :P

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2013, 03:33 AM

RA-12 have you logged your sst to see what, when & if it really is slipping. Might give some insight into what is going on.

Tbh though if you are getting slip with the gst tune then I would think your clutches are going to need replacing sooner than later.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by bunnishiwa
RA-12 have you logged your sst to see what, when & if it really is slipping. Might give some insight into what is going on.

Tbh though if you are getting slip with the gst tune then I would think your clutches are going to need replacing sooner than later.
Hi I have a 2012 ralliart and have discovered the same thing (running the 93 octane boost pill map) It seems it slips more in auto mode, when in sport or "Manuel" control it doesn't slip as often and only under "hard" acceleration aka WOT. I have been debating switching back to stock pill and remapping but idk if I could give up the power I might just take it to boostin performance and custom tune. This is not a bash to the GST basemaps, they are as they say a BASEmap and they are free so beggars aren't choosers

Last edited by Cetme; Sep 16, 2013 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Added 93 octane note
Old Sep 16, 2013, 06:17 PM

If you read the threads on the matter there is slip 'built in' to normal mode. This is to make for a much smoother driving experience. The changes in Sport mode have more pressure on the clutch plates, hence less or no slip.
I am on original clutches and original fluids at 80k km's and do not have any real issues with clutch slip in Sports going WOT

My RA sits at about 165kw aw and I rarely go WOT without flicking to sport modes as, as you have already mentioned, there is too much power going through the transmission for normal mode

The gearbox modes are there for a reason, not just for fun

Last edited by bunnishiwa; Sep 16, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the same tranny "slipping" problem when I was running the GST Basemap in Sport/Auto mode when I would go WOT from a dead stop(sometimes it would even bounce off the rev limiter). However, after I got a custom dynotune using the GST basemap as the starting point for the tune, the slippage seems to have gone away completely or at the very least has been greatly reduced. So, I think a custom tune would probably help you as well.....

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap