Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Skym
I hope you aren't racing on icy roads
No way, it may be freezing cold here, but it's bone dry right now....
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
That new ROM fix things?

- Bryan
The 91 fixed things for me. I have noticed if it is below 10 degrees boost usually spikes at 25, if it's higher than 10 degrees it spike around 23. But I havn't had an overboost problem since the first fluke.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:04 PM
Account Disabled

You cold weather guys still having issues with the updated flash or is all well?

Just let me know and I will put them on the first page with the other flashes offered.

Thanks again!

- Bryan
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

You cold weather guys still having issues with the updated flash or is all well?

Just let me know and I will put them on the first page with the other flashes offered.

Thanks again!

- Bryan
I think you nailed it this time Bryan! I downloaded your 93 octane w/upgraded boost pill COLD WEATHER reflash on Sunday and tried flooring it a number of times to see if I could get it to "buck" on me, but it was smooth as silk all the way through the gearbox! The temp was in the low 30's this time, so it was slightly warmer than the mid 20's temperatures which originally caused the problem, but so far so good! I'll let you know if anything changes when the weather gets colder again. Thanks for all your hard work!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks again!

- Bryan
It has still been bucking occasionally for me. Of couse it seems that it will only do it when I am not trying to get it to do it. It has only happened once or twice and no CEL this time just a quick buck, some black smoke I am guessing from fuel cut and were on our way again.

If I go out and try to make it happen it will not that is what is so frustrating. It seems to always happen in 2nd gear if I shift from 1st to 2nd normally then get on it while in 2nd, bucks usually around the mid to top of 2nd. Then after that it is fine through all gears. Like I said though on my way to work today I will try to get it to go again, it's 10 degrees out. I will bet you anything it won't do it, but tomorrow if it's a bit warmer for whatever reason then it will probably do it. Seems there is another factor besides temperature that affects this because I have noticed on 2 separate days with a similar temperature the boost spikes higher one day. Some days 25 all day long, others 23-24 top again on days with about the same temperature.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks again!

- Bryan
I haven't had a chance to load the original BaseFlash on my RA, but I plan to do so this week sometime. I will let you know if I encounter any of the said issues.

BTW, just in case I do encounter issues in the cold weather is there a cold weather update for the 91 Octane w/ Stock Pill?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Psycho09RA
I haven't had a chance to load the original BaseFlash on my RA, but I plan to do so this week sometime. I will let you know if I encounter any of the said issues.

BTW, just in case I do encounter issues in the cold weather is there a cold weather update for the 91 Octane w/ Stock Pill?
I think the only cold weather flash is with the boost pill
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:19 PM
tre
Evolving Member

i could be wrong but i think thats because those were the ones having issues.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Bryan at this point I am going to say that the new cold weather rom is working fine. Like I said I have had 2 different times where it did buck but did not throw a CEL. 99% of the time it runs awesome. So as far as I'm concerned for now it's working fine. Like I said in my earlier post it has been between 8-20 degrees here the last 2 days and I havn't had any issues.

Thanks again for all your dedication and time to this FREE ROM!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

See post #13 in the following thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...t-related.html

The poster does say that he encountered the cold weather issues as well but he did not have his boost pill installed at that time. Maybe I misinterpreted what he said.

However, I did install the GST BaseFlash w/ Stock Boost Pill last night. I have not encountered any issues. So far the car feels like the power distribution throughout the powerband is much smoother than the stock ROM and the lag that is felt when accelerating from a dead stop has been improved slightly. Haven't been able to have too much fun yet with the BaseFlash, but I do feel an improvement when driving normally in traffic.

Kudos to Brian for a job well done on these BaseFlashes!

Last edited by Psycho09RA; Jan 13, 2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

I still have the original 93 octane boost pill flash. I only overboosted twice. It only overboosted when its 20 degrees F or colder. Good thing, its getting warmer now. 40's!!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

The poster does say that he encountered the cold weather issues as well but he did not have his boost pill installed at that time. Maybe I misinterpreted what he said.

However, I did install the GST BaseFlash w/ Stock Boost Pill last night. I have not encountered any issues. So far the car feels like the power distribution throughout the powerband is much smoother than the stock ROM and the lag that is felt when accelerating from a dead stop has been improved slightly. Haven't been able to have too much fun yet with the BaseFlash, but I do feel an improvement when driving normally in traffic.

That was me . When I had the 91 original basemap NO PILL I had overboosted 3 or 4 times with the temperatures being in the single digits and colder and sending the car into limp mode with a CEL.

I had a boost pill just hadn't gotten around to installing it, Bryan first released the cold weather basemap as 91 with boost pill so I put mine in and flashed to that.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

I would recommend that you get the boost pill and you'll REALLY notice the difference in power over stock!!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
I would recommend that you get the boost pill and you'll REALLY notice the difference in power over stock!!
Agree well worth the ~$20 and 15 minutes it takes to install it.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:16 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'll add the updated "cold-weather" roms in the first post.

The BaseFlashes will only get better with feedback like this so thanks again!

Anyone with a turboback have any feedback?

- Bryan

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap