Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serious question. When you read your stock rom from your ECU, what information do you look for to determine what the proper GST map to flash.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by brspeed
A month ago i log the car using rax fast mode doing the live virtual dyno 3gear pull and everything seem perfect but im gonna see if this saturday i can log again but this time with star datalogger 4 gear pull to see the result
Only EvoScan 2.3.0023 has support for RAX Fast Logging. It involves the ECU packing up a pile of variables into as small a footprint as possible, with very few unused bits. I stuffed pretty much everything into 32 bytes. EvoScan knows how to extract the various items from their packaged-up format, and put them in the log file in a normal, readable fashion.

Even if "Star Datalogger 4" were using mode23 (not sure - don't know it), it won't do the RAX deblocking thing.

Originally Posted by danike
Serious question. When you read your stock rom from your ECU, what information do you look for to determine what the proper GST map to flash.
The ECU ID. In particular, the first 4 digits. Hidden away in the GST Base Map ROM is its own ECU ID - showing the ROM on which that tweaked map was based. If the first 4 digits match, reflashing it is good-to-go.

Rich
Old Mar 26, 2014, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by richardjh
Only EvoScan 2.3.0023 has support for RAX Fast Logging. It involves the ECU packing up a pile of variables into as small a footprint as possible, with very few unused bits. I stuffed pretty much everything into 32 bytes. EvoScan knows how to extract the various items from their packaged-up format, and put them in the log file in a normal, readable fashion.

Even if "Star Datalogger 4" were using mode23 (not sure - don't know it), it won't do the RAX deblocking thing.

The ECU ID. In particular, the first 4 digits. Hidden away in the GST Base Map ROM is its own ECU ID - showing the ROM on which that tweaked map was based. If the first 4 digits match, reflashing it is good-to-go.

Rich
hey richard thats what i got evoscan 2.9.0023 and thats how i do my log with rax fast logging but the last one i delete it
Old Apr 2, 2014, 04:15 AM

sorry for not reading through all the pages here but....
does anyone run the Stock RA + BoostPill upgrade + TBE + AEM Intake tune that GST provided? if so what type of numbers are you putting up on the dyno? i just ordered my boost pill and am running TBE+AEM intake+Evo X intercooler and the boost pill when it comes in. just trying to get a ballpark estimate of where i'll be after the flash because i'm going to a shop to get the basemap put on and get a few pulls in for a good baseline around the 19th and wanna know more or less what type of HP and Torque numbers to expect.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
New Question...

I am now getting a persistent P2096 (Bank 1 sensor 2 too lean). It started last Fall when the cooler weather started.

I am using V3 93 octane/boost pill/TBE (for my USDM 2010 RASB).

I am using a 3" test pipe with a o2 sensor 'adapter' which includes some catalyst material to keep the SES off... The muffler has the 'mod' to remove the pipe inside (better flow than stock).

I have the drop in K&N...

No other SES codes. Runs strong. Some soot on tailpipe (but not like when it was the stock tune and black a lot! )

For the first 8(?) months since the V3.0 tune and test pipe I had no code...

I have DashCommand (similar to 'Torque' app) which will let me data log a pull - but I can't 'read' the output (.lgf won't open on my computer after I emailed it to myself from the iphone (which runs the app). The fuel trims 'gauge' would swing a lot (cycle)...

Theories:
1. An exhaust leak between the 2.5" DP and the 3" test pipe (can't hear or feel one. But the SES only really started last Fall/cooler weather).

2. Vacuum leak (idles like a champ, no hissing, and there is soot on the tail pipe so no 'actual lean condition' suspected. I also have zip tied the fuel pressure line at the manifold...) Is my reasoning correct?

3. The 'cat material sensor adapter' is 'too good' and the computer sees this? But for a long time with this rig I did not have the persistent P2096. It only got bad starting last Fall...)

4. The test pipe/modified exhaust does not equal 'TBE' (for purposes of the tune and I am actually running lean :O This is the most scary)

5. Bad front or rear o2 sensor? (No other O2 sensor codes...)

[shrug] Help me out!

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Link for dashcommand:
http://www.palmerperformance.com/pro...mand/index.php

Link for the o2 sensor adapter:
http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat-cel-fix.html
Old Apr 2, 2014, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Veronica
New Question...

I am now getting a persistent P2096 (Bank 1 sensor 2 too lean). It started last Fall when the cooler weather started.

I am using a 3" test pipe with a o2 sensor 'adapter' which includes some catalyst material to keep the SES off... The muffler has the 'mod' to remove the pipe inside (better flow than stock).

No other SES codes. Runs strong. Some soot on tailpipe (but not like when it was the stock tune and black a lot! )

I have DashCommand (similar to 'Torque' app) which will let me data log a pull - but I can't 'read' the output (.lgf won't open on my computer after I emailed it to myself from the iphone (which runs the app). The fuel trims 'gauge' would swing a lot (cycle)...

Theories:
1. An exhaust leak between the 2.5" DP and the 3" test pipe (can't hear or feel one. But the SES only really started last Fall/cooler weather).

2. Vacuum leak (idles like a champ, no hissing, and there is soot on the tail pipe so no 'actual lean condition' suspected. I also have zip tied the fuel pressure line at the manifold...) Is my reasoning correct?

3. The 'cat material sensor adapter' is 'too good' and the computer sees this? But for a long time with this rig I did not have the persistent P2096. It only got bad starting last Fall...)

4. The test pipe/modified exhaust does not equal 'TBE' (for purposes of the tune and I am actually running lean :O This is the most scary)

[shrug] Help me out!

Thanks!
I experienced something similar. About a year ago i started getting CEL with P2096. I had UR downpipe UR HFC and Magnaflow CB and used 93 Octane TB Map. It lasted about 6 months and then it stopped and never came back.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:55 PM

Hey all,

Just got my boostpill and Tactrix picked up... is the guide/writeup here still relevant?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...f-dummies.html

Or can anyone link me to a similar step-by-step?

Kinda nervous doing this for the first time... :P
Old Apr 3, 2014, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

That is still a relevant guide. I also used this Youtube video before doing mine. It will be less of a shock when your car starts flashing symbols and the fan kicks on. Your heart is already racing enough lol.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 01:52 PM

Alright I did it all today boys... and boy is the car an entirely different beast! 3rd just wants to keep going and going and going.

Thanks so much to Bryan and Richard for everything .
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

I switched to GST tune last week with the turbo-back + boost pill map and today finally go to do some WOT testing with EvoScan. The car hits 21.5 psi every time, 0 knock, so rather happy right now! Even with the 91 octane tune (I don't want to risk 93 with Canada's crappy winter gas) the car feels awesome and just keeps pulling. Shifts are great as well (that's the main reason I switched from Cobb).

Old Apr 12, 2014, 01:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Glad you all are still happy with the base maps!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Glad you all are still happy with the base maps!
What is the target peak boost for the USDM boost pill TBE map? Because I'm hitting 24.5lbs recently and I'm trying to figure out if that's right, I have an issue, or my gauge isn't reading right all of a sudden. Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Rralliart09
What is the target peak boost for the USDM boost pill TBE map? Because I'm hitting 24.5lbs recently and I'm trying to figure out if that's right, I have an issue, or my gauge isn't reading right all of a sudden. Thanks

That sounds pretty close - just check the map though (using ecuflash). I run self tuned without a TBE and I put out approx. 23.5psi 3000rpm - 5500rpm
Old Apr 13, 2014, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Veronica
New Question...

Theories:

[shrug] Help me out!

Thanks!
Is this your first winter with the tbe map? Check your ltft and see where you are. If they are way positive, you may have a similar issue to what I had. You probably just need a slight tweak in your maf scaling tables and you'll be fine. It's the same thing (basically) that Mitsubishi just did with their latest reflash bulletin for cold weather overboost. I think running a high flow air filter exaggerates the issue, too.

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Apr 13, 2014 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap