Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rich, quick question.. Would a complete custom turbo back exhaust system with 2.5" piping be enough for the TBE map?

Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not Rich, but I believe if you replace your stock catalytic converter with any type of aftermarket test/race pipe or high flow cat, you are good to go with the TBE map.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

I asked the same question a couple pages back. You need an HFC or a test pipe and a catback for it to be TBE. In other words you need to free up everything but don't need to replace your DP (down pipe) for a TBE. But you DO need a test pipe or HFC.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 05:07 AM

Hi guys, been following the thread for a while now. I think it's awesome what you are doing for everyone. I live in aus I am the owner of a 2012 ra lancer. My question is will any of the base map work for me? As there is nothing for 2012 ra aus. Or am I fresh out of luck? Thanks James.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Is this your first winter with the tbe map? Check your ltft and see where you are. If they are way positive, you may have a similar issue to what I had. You probably just need a slight tweak in your maf scaling tables and you'll be fine. It's the same thing (basically) that Mitsubishi just did with their latest reflash bulletin for cold weather overboost. I think running a high flow air filter exaggerates the issue, too.
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, first winter with TBE flash.

Now that it is warmer, no more codes so far...

I will check LTFT.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 09:47 PM

Took my 2010 RA into the dealer for the 45k service and of course they reflashed my ECU without telling me (I specifically made sure they wouldn't do any software updates). I brought my PC to the dealer to reflash my ECU back to GST basemap and I decided to switch to version 31.003. Wow...is it the placebo effect or is it way better than v30.007 (91oct + Boostpill)?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sbralancer
Hi guys, been following the thread for a while now. I think it's awesome what you are doing for everyone. I live in aus I am the owner of a 2012 ra lancer. My question is will any of the base map work for me? As there is nothing for 2012 ra aus. Or am I fresh out of luck? Thanks James.
I just had a look on the first post - and it seems you're fresh outta luck... I thought it was only 2013 and 2014 model years that were lacking GST basemaps, but it seems 2012s are missing for AUDM/EDM maps too.

If you're after a tune, perhaps I'd recommend e-tuners that would produce a similar map to these basemaps, but customised for your car (for a few hundred bucks). There are 2 based in Australia that I know off the top of my head who are renouned internationally for their knowledge of these cars, and especially the TC-SST transmissions, incl Dave/Merlin - the author of this guide:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...de-please.html
Old Apr 16, 2014, 01:30 PM

I agree with the last post, I'm currently getting my 2013 ra tuned with beeble for 98and eflex.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RalliartistMN i have question you said the dealer reflash your ecu right with the latest stock tune, are you talk about the ecm software , and if you do how did you reflash back with the basemap? when i read lot people can't reflash back once the dealer reflash that software into the car im confused

Last edited by brspeed; Apr 17, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

I've been using a GST map for a couple of weeks now and I've gotten a CEL twice, both times while just cruising at a steady speed. EcuFlash is good enough for clearing the codes, but doesn't tell me what they are, while EvoScan shows it's a P20B8 and I can't find any info at all about that. I'm running a turbo-back exhaust, so I'm guessing the high flow cat might be throwing the sensors off...
Any ideas?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Evoscan gives bogus codes. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...semap-203.html
Old Apr 18, 2014, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

I already saw that. However, I still need to figure out how to get rid of the CEL and see what it is exactly. It keeps coming back.
When I was using Cobb with the exact same mods, that never showed up.

Last edited by AlDim; Apr 18, 2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by brspeed
RalliartistMN, I have question. You said the dealer reflashed your ecu with the latest stock tune; are you talking about the ecm software?
--Yes
and if you are how did you reflash back with the basemap?
--by bringing my computer to the dealership and reflashing right in the shop.
when i read lot people can't reflash back once the dealer reflash that software into the car im confused
--I don't think the dealer puts tamper protection on it

They were happy I caught their mistake. Since it was not an update they were allowed to apply without my permission, any damage would have been completely their fault. As a thank you they're installing new shocks on my 350z.

Last edited by RalliartistMN; Apr 19, 2014 at 10:46 AM. Reason: formatting
Old Apr 20, 2014, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

I had to do a restart on my PC and something happened to my stock map. I know I should've emailed it to myself but it slipped my mind. Anyway is there a way to salvage it or is it lost forever? This is what comes up when I try to load it into Ecuflash. Thanks for any assistance you guys can provide.

Name:  Stockmapproblem.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  57.5 KB
Old Apr 20, 2014, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rralliart09
I had to do a restart on my PC and something happened to my stock map. I know I should've emailed it to myself but it slipped my mind. Anyway is there a way to salvage it or is it lost forever? This is what comes up when I try to load it into Ecuflash. Thanks for any assistance you guys can provide.

That's what I get even trying to load a GTS map in to ECU flash? Don't know what I'm doing wrong? Maybe it cause I don't have a cable and haven't hooked up to download the map in the car?

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap