Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bwen90
hey rich I have been running the 2013 boostpill map since you released it. no problems so far. I think the boostpill map is pretty safe. As fR as I remember the AFR behaves pretty closely to the stock map
Yeah, the regular boostpill map is still pretty rich.

Bryan's "boostpill+TBE" maps run higher boost and aren't as rich. As a consequence, I'm erring on the side of caution.

Originally Posted by AlphaKennyBody
Rich, I was contacted over the weekend for me to flash my buddies car for him (he doesn't have Ecuflash/Evoscan or a tactrix cable) thinking there was a 2013 Map for his Ralliart. To my surprise, We're now almost mid way throughout 2014.....2014 and there isn't a usable 2013 TBE+Pill Map!?
There sure is... it's just not posted up here for general use.

Feel free to email me at raxpatch {at} gmail {dot} com and ask for it. Happy to send it out if it means it'll be AFR-tested via wideband.

Rich
Old Apr 29, 2014, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by insafa
Noob question. If i keep the stock exhaust system and just replace the muffler with an after market one and install a HFC can I use the boostpill+tbe map?
Really? TBE stands for Turbo Back Exhaust....think about it....yes that qualifies but you'll probably want to just get a whole system made up since it sounds like you're going the custom route like I did.

Last edited by Rralliart09; Apr 29, 2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: I'm a dumb ass who can't read lol
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Old May 4, 2014, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

What is XML files for? You don't need those in order to flash a GST basemap to your car do you? I just downloaded the .HEX from the 1st page and said "write to ECU". That's all you have to do correct?
Old May 5, 2014, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

If you have no XML whatsoever for the 8-digit ECU ID that's inside the ROM image, then EcuFlash will simply refuse to touch it at all. So you do kind of need "an" XML for the ROM.

However, it doesn't have to actually contain anything beyond a basic header. Not if you just want to flash it and be done.

If you want to see/edit table data for that ROM, though, the XML is what defines all the available table views. Those are usually ROM-ID-specific, as the data moves around all over the place from version to version.

If that didn't make sense at all, I apologise.

Rich
Old May 5, 2014, 08:06 AM

I'm not sure where to "reply", so I'm just going to add to this massive thread. I did the Stock Pill map last week, and the Boost Pill upgrade last night. All I can says is:

Smooth, Accessible Power!!!

Not Dyno'd or even Virtual Dyno'd yet, but I would believe 25-30 WHP gains. Here is what I loaded:

2010_RA_USDM_BaseMap_BoostPILL_93oct_V31.003.hex

Needless to say, I am super stoked for the rest of my Stage 1 Mods, following the progression of these maps.

Cheers,
TForce13
Old May 5, 2014, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Rich, my 09 RA is running lean with my current map, I'd like to get it tweaked but don't know who/where to contact. I'm sure there are other members who would like a tweak of these basemaps to get more power/mpg/etc. Do you have any suggestions?
Old May 5, 2014, 05:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by danike
Rich, my 09 RA is running lean with my current map, I'd like to get it tweaked but don't know who/where to contact. I'm sure there are other members who would like a tweak of these basemaps to get more power/mpg/etc. Do you have any suggestions?
Have logs? how lean?
Old May 5, 2014, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

I don't want to take this thread off the accomplishments/improvements this basemap has helped every Ralliart owner so I'll keep my issue (which is an outlier to the hundreds of people who are running flawlessly) short and to the point. At idle, I'm between 16.5-18.4. At WOT, turbo spool up is 12-14 and as I'm peak boost its 14-17.

As I said earlier, I'm ready to pay for an E-Tune service to keep my car safe. PM if you know of anyone.
Old May 5, 2014, 06:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
I don't want to take this thread off the accomplishments/improvements this basemap has helped every Ralliart owner so I'll keep my issue (which is an outlier to the hundreds of people who are running flawlessly) short and to the point. At idle, I'm between 16.5-18.4. At WOT, turbo spool up is 12-14 and as I'm peak boost its 14-17.

As I said earlier, I'm ready to pay for an E-Tune service to keep my car safe. PM if you know of anyone.
What do your current fuel trims look like? That will tell us a good amount. Also, IPW/IDC.

If you are on stock MAF and your idle AFR's are out of spec, then it's a hardware problem, not a software problem. I would look for any leaks post and pre MAF, Turbo, etc.

I assume you have already checked the FPR hose?
Old May 5, 2014, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Come on man, forget the Etune crap and all this fuss about the GST basemap, just put your car on a REAL dyno at a reputable tuning shop and be done with it.

Last edited by Slee256; May 5, 2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old May 5, 2014, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

This may be a silly question but did you free air calibrate your AFR sensor?
Old May 5, 2014, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

As Bryan (razorlab) said, an E-Tune won't "fix" anything here. Your car itself has a problem which you need to find, or you'll break something really expensive.

Irrespective of the tune, the ECU uses the front narrowband oxygen sensor at idle to see if the mixture is richer or leaner than 14.7:1... ie. stoichometric. That factory o2 sensor is hard-set at 14.7:1. This isn't something that can be changed. This mode of operation is called "closed loop" mode.

If the ECU sees "rich side", it adjusts the fuel trim to take out a bit of fuel. If it sees "lean side", it adjusts fuel trim the other way. At a certain point, if there's a problem, it'll max out its fuel trim percentage adjustment, and you've reached the limit of its closed-loop correction.

Now, if you're not idling around 14.7:1, either...

1. Your aftermarket wideband o2 sensor/gauge is wrong, or

2. You have a mechanical problem, like...
- Factory front o2 sensor is busted (ie. it is lying to the ECU)
- Something is reducing fuel delivery... so badly that fuel trim can't correct for it.
- Something is adding in unmetered air... so badly that fuel trim can't correct for it.

That's pretty much it, really.

By the way, if your mixture is 14:1 to 17:1 at peak boost, for the love of God, don't drive the car.

I hope you get it fixed. Actually, I hope your wideband is just wildly out of calibration.

Rich
Old May 6, 2014, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

I think I found my problem. Does anyone know what this hose does? It wasn't plugged in.

Zoomed Out Name:  20140506_183714.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  72.8 KB

Zoomed In

Name:  20140506_183742.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  54.7 KB
Old May 6, 2014, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

I think I found my problem. Does anyone know what this hose does? It wasn't plugged in.

Zoomed Out

Zoomed In

Isn't that the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line? That's the one that has a habit of blowing off and needs to be zip tied. I went ahead and zip tied all my vacuum lines just to be safe.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap