http://www.datazap.me/

and a example:

http://www.datazap.me/u/razorlab/jos...16&zoom=10-160

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2014, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by eh-jhey
Hmm okay. Would I be able to just tell them not to flash my ecu in any way if it's just the ACD pump getting replaced? My worry comes from if I DO get a new tranny approved
I tell my dealer exactly that.

As far as warranty implications go, I trust my Australian Mitsu dealer to be fair and sensible. But my expectations and your expectations may well differ.

Rich
Old May 12, 2014, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
I tell my dealer exactly that.

As far as warranty implications go, I trust my Australian Mitsu dealer to be fair and sensible. But my expectations and your expectations may well differ.

Rich
Thanks for the reply, but crisis averted. I managed to track down my stock pill. I'm back to stock tune now and hating every second of it

*edit*

Quick question. Would reflashing back to stock also delete any of the 4wd service codes that were stored in the computer? I know they're not the same as say a check engine light, but I my car is at the dealer now, and the service notification hasn't popped up since I flashed back last night. Just wanna know if the dealer can still scan for the actual problem

Last edited by eh-jhey; May 13, 2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old May 14, 2014, 11:53 AM

Just a heads up. It looks like reflashing back to stock does remove history of any service codes the computer throws. I mean I know clearing codes is part of the process, but I thought that was just for like the actual lights on the dash, not the notifications. anyway, Car has been at the dealer since yesterday and they couldn't find anything in the computer after scanning it. Currently my dealer is saying theres nothing wrong with the car. Luckily I snapped some pics of the service notification. I mean for the $208 they wanna charge me, they could at least take 20 minutes to throw the on a lift and actually examine the differential....*sigh*

Last edited by eh-jhey; May 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old May 16, 2014, 09:58 PM

Hi guys, I used to able to read rom of my 2012 ralliart usdm. but i had oil leaking issue so my car keeps going back to dealer, so i didn't do anything. 2 weeks ago, they finally fixed oil leak issue but now ... i got 'unknow rom' issue. I remember there is recall from mit about ralliart software issue and maybe the dealer did recall rom update, but anyway, i did download the lastest ecuflash 1.44.4247, also the def from goldenevo, but the ecuflash unable to ID my rom....
this is the 'structure image'
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry5a3um41z...read_image.srf

please help.....

P.S. I just found out the gst basemap has been updated to 3.1 !!! what's new??? can't find any doc regarding that.
Old May 18, 2014, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ltong
Hi guys, I used to able to read rom of my 2012 ralliart usdm. but i had oil leaking issue so my car keeps going back to dealer, so i didn't do anything. 2 weeks ago, they finally fixed oil leak issue but now ... i got 'unknow rom' issue. I remember there is recall from mit about ralliart software issue and maybe the dealer did recall rom update, but anyway, i did download the lastest ecuflash 1.44.4247, also the def from goldenevo, but the ecuflash unable to ID my rom....

please help.....

P.S. I just found out the gst basemap has been updated to 3.1 !!! what's new??? can't find any doc regarding that.
You can upload the ROM here, to see what its ID is:

http://goldenevo.com/romcheck2.php

As for 3.1, lots of updates went in - after extensive beta testing by the community here. Mostly SST-related tuning improvements.

Rich
Old May 18, 2014, 08:17 PM

As for 3.1, lots of updates went in - after extensive beta testing by the community here. Mostly SST-related tuning improvements.

Rich
Can't wait to get a cable and load a new tune u guys are amazing for putting this up for everyone to use that's a very cool thing to do for people!!!!
A quick question I may have missed it in all the info here but question is have u hear -f anyone having problems with the tunes in cold places? I live in Canada and it gets very cold in the winter here and I want to got with a full Turbo back and ur tunes but would like a heads up on if I'm gonna run into problems when winter comes or not?
Thanx again for the amazing gift to everyone for the gift of the base maps!!!!!!
Old May 18, 2014, 08:50 PM

please help.....

Okey.... Tactrix support just emailed me that the rom id went from 58030005 to 58030006, so mitsubishi changed rom id after their software recall, I guess if you guys going to get service from dealer now, they will flash the new id rom to you... so if you need keep use the 3.1 baserom, you gotta hold up...

one more question, even if the Tactrix can get the new rom def up, can i still flash my car with the 3.1 basemap here? or i have to wait until 3.1 basemap updated with new rom id too?
Old May 18, 2014, 08:52 PM

Rich
I did, it showed ROM ID:

FFFFffff

so i guess they don't have def for that rom either.
Old May 19, 2014, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

I did, it showed ROM ID:

FFFFffff

so i guess they don't have def for that rom either.
No, that's something more fundamental. The ROM ID data wasn't grabbed properly at all by Golden's little checker program.

That usually occurs if the ROM file is mangled somehow, ie. messed up somewhere between reading it from the car, and uploading it to be checked.

Alternatively, Mitsu totally reworked their positioning of Everything, all of a sudden.

I'd go with the first option being most likely, but hey... you never know.

Rich
Old May 19, 2014, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

one more question, even if the Tactrix can get the new rom def up, can i still flash my car with the 3.1 basemap here? or i have to wait until 3.1 basemap updated with new rom id too?
We won't be porting the Base Maps to the new ROM variant. Not without an INSANELY good reason.

Rich
Old May 24, 2014, 04:35 AM

In EcuFlash, when I opened the High Octane Fuel Map I noticed on the stock rom that the AFR is 8.2 at 7000 to 8000 RPM, whilst with the stockpill rom the AFR is increasing from 9.7 to 10.2 between 7000 and 8000 RPM.
Out of interest (I am a novice here), is there a reason why the mixture is set to slightly leaner rather than keeping the same mixture?
Old May 24, 2014, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

The answer lies in that black crap caked around your exhaust!

The stock tune is silly rich at full throttle.

The stockpill/boostpill GST Base Map fuelling is still very rich from a tuner perspective. A good safety margin there.

The TBE-boostpill tunes are leaner again - closer to custom-tune levels. IMO, there isn't that much safety margin in the TBE tunes, so they warrant careful logging/monitoring.

Rich
Old May 24, 2014, 05:44 PM

The answer lies in that black crap caked around your exhaust!

Rich

Thank you for the quick reply.
Old May 24, 2014, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Also be aware that, just like the stock ROMs, the GST Base Maps leave the "Lean Spool" mechanism enabled.

This (badly named) feature is actually a system of progressive enrichment. The more you hammer your vehicle at WOT, the richer it runs. You can see it if you do two "through the gears" WOT runs, one after the other. On the second run, your (say) 3rd gear AFR will be a lot richer the second time round.

The first think most pro tuners do when customising a fuel map is to disable LS mechanism, and just set the mixtures up so they are what they want, consistently, with no progressive enrichment.

For GST tuning, Bryan left that stuff on, for additional safety margin.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap