Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
That looks good. 13% increase in torque and hp from the reflash.

You should also notice some sharper throttle response, transmission behaviour and such.
I definitely noticed the difference in throttle response and transmission behavior! I love the way it drives now!! You guys are AWESOME!! Thanks so much for putting this out there! I definitely owe someone a donation.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edm

Originally Posted by razorlab
Any 2012 EDM owners yet?
Hi,

What does EDM stand for?
Is that for European models?
I drive a 2011 RA and would like to know if the ECU flash will work on European models?
Thanks.

Alex
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yes, EDM = European Domestic Market

A 2011 RA should be fine.

Rich
Old Aug 16, 2014, 03:55 PM

Thank you Rich for the information.

Can you tell me how much HP the AUS ralliart has?
I thought I red somewhere that in Europe there's some difference, in some countries the Raliarts have 235 hp, in others they have 230hp, but the version for the Belgian market has 241hp.
Do they all use the same ECU flash?

With this program, can you save the current ECU values of the car before flashing it?
So if it fails I can reinstall the factory ECU.

Is there anyone on this forum who drives a RA and tested the ECU on a EDM model?

I am new at this, sorry to ask so many questions at once.

Alex

Last edited by Alex_S; Aug 16, 2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 01:00 PM

What do you do if you have an AEM intake, boost pill, and a catback exhaust? I have a Borla catback and any downpipe/HFC added makes it way too loud, I see it says if you only have a catback to use the "Stock RA + boostpill " map but there isn't one that includes the AEM intake with it. Any help is much appreciated.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralli607
What do you do if you have an AEM intake, boost pill, and a catback exhaust? I have a Borla catback and any downpipe/HFC added makes it way too loud, I see it says if you only have a catback to use the "Stock RA + boostpill " map but there isn't one that includes the AEM intake with it. Any help is much appreciated.
The way I understand it you'd use the boost pill only map. I asked that question before I was going to buy the aem intake and ended up not buying it for the same reason that you're asking this question. If you have an AFR gauge (which you should) just keep and eye on your AFRs.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 08:49 PM

2010 ralliart AEM intake, boost pill gst basemap help

2010 RA with gst basemap +boostpill running 91oct. I installed an aem box intake for the RA. Is it just mad scaling that I have to edit and reflash? Thank you
Old Aug 18, 2014, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vegeta_Ra
2010 RA with gst basemap +boostpill running 91oct. I installed an aem box intake for the RA. Is it just mad scaling that I have to edit and reflash? Thank you
Yep, it's just the three MAF Scaling tables - the 2D ones.

You can see the differences in EcuFlash. Just load up an "AEM+TBE" map and a "TBE" map of the exact same year/market car, then select "File" / "Compare ROMs". It will highlight the differences.

That's how your own customised "AEM version" ROM should look when you compare it to the original you started with. The difference should only be MAF Scaling Part 1, 2 and 3.

I do recommend you log carefully afterwards - watch your fuel trims. Ideally, they should be less than +/- 5%. More than that, and it would be a good idea to get custom tuner input.

Rich
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:04 PM

Yep, it's just the three MAF Scaling tables - the 2D ones.

You can see the differences in EcuFlash. Just load up an "AEM+TBE" map and a "TBE" map of the exact same year/market car, then select "File" / "Compare ROMs". It will highlight the differences.

That's how your own customised "AEM version" ROM should look when you compare it to the original you started with. The difference should only be MAF Scaling Part 1, 2 and 3.

I do recommend you log carefully afterwards - watch your fuel trims. Ideally, they should be less than +/- 5%. More than that, and it would be a good idea to get custom tuner input.

Rich

So it's just the three? Not including the line above them? Which is maf scaling?

Thanks
Old Aug 20, 2014, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vegeta_Ra
So it's just the three? Not including the line above them? Which is maf scaling?

Thanks
I don't know what you mean. Perhaps your XML def has some separate item called "MAF Scaling" above the "MAF Scaling Part 1", "MAF Scaling Part 2", "MAF Scaling Part 2" - but mine don't.

Rich
Old Aug 25, 2014, 04:33 AM

Hi all - Not sure this is the right GST base map thread to post in.

Has anyone done any mapping work on the 2014+ ralliart ?

I'm looking to get a openport 2.0 tactrix cable but not sure there are any base maps to flash ?

thanks for your time.

Paul.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

The USDM 2013 maps (hidden around here somewhere) are apparently the same ROM ID set as 2014, so they should work.

Rich
Old Sep 4, 2014, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The USDM 2013 maps (hidden around here somewhere) are apparently the same ROM ID set as 2014, so they should work.

Rich
My friend has a 2014, he bought a boost pill and AEM intake. already has UR CBE installed. ill test the basemap tomorrow, was there a Boost pill + aem tune for a 2013?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

There was, but I haven't released it into the wild yet. Pending anyone with a wideband doing some logging and testing of the air/fuel mixtures.

Does your friend have a loggable wideband sensor?

Rich
Old Sep 5, 2014, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was, but I haven't released it into the wild yet. Pending anyone with a wideband doing some logging and testing of the air/fuel mixtures.

Does your friend have a loggable wideband sensor?

Rich
he doesnt, i told him to buy a gauge so we can help get more basemaps available. I saved his stock rom if u need it. for now i flashed super sport for him

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap