Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBunster
Hey i noticed that my shifts are a bit delayed like it hangs a bit before going to the next gear. I know this was a problem in the earlier maps but im unsure if i should still be getting it with the new maps. Also there is a hard jerk from 1st to 2nd gear if im applying constant pedal pressure in auto mode. I am on 93 oct aem intake + tbe map
Hi.

Quite a few people with SSTs have noticed that its behaviour changes for a while, post-ECU-flash.

This actually made things like SST-related testing rather problematic, as we'd make a change, go try it out right away, and find it behaving differently - but not because of the changes themselves.

I reckon it'll just "settle down" all by itself over the course of driving it for a week.

Another note... the SST also has a weird quirk, whereby you get a single incident of a really "punchy" 1-2 upshift... the very first upshift after restarting the car (ie. hot), and driving off. People have commented on this happening as they get back on the road after, say, refuelling the car. Restart, flick to sport mode, pull out onto the road, gun it, flick the paddleshift and... *whump* into second!

Who knows what goes on inside this transmission sometimes, haha.

Rich
Old Jun 18, 2015, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Australian Basemap

hey Rich,
I was just wondering if you were making an Australian 2013/14 ralliart basemap?
If you're in Australia I could bring you a slab of beers or something haha.
Keen to give the car a flash for fuel economy/to give it a try.
Thanks in advance.
Callan
Old Jun 18, 2015, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hiya. I haven't done ROM wrangling for a while now. I'll see if I can summon up the levels of insanity needed to stare at tables and code for sufficient time to get it done. Can't promise anything, though...!

Rich
Old Jun 19, 2015, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Recommended flash for the following?

Ok, I am due to leave Afghanistan soon, and all my parts are home waiting to be installed. I have been doing as much research as I can so that I can use my Tactrix cable and ECU Flash to tune my car. Here is what I have.

Depo 3.5 FMIC
MAP UICP
MAP LICP
MAP Test pipe
K&N Drop In filter
EVO X BOV
AMS boost pill
Magna Flow catback exhaust

I will be able to follow the ECU Flash with no problems, it seems simple enough. I printed Merlins tuning guide for reading while on the long flight from Kuwait back to Texas to CRC and for when I go from Texas back to Wisconsin so I am hoping by then I will be up to speed on all of this.

I want to data log and learn more on AFR as well so I can maybe tweak a few things myself and see how the car does. I will keep it in the safe parameters so that I don't destroy anything. For the SST, I want to do the S-Sport flash but I have some questions on this as well. What other things should I change in the SST for these simple bolt ons? Will this be the MR flash? Does anyone have other tunes for the ECU flash that they think would work best with my few mods? I have done some research and I like to hear opinions. This site is great, and I look forward to being on here more and posting progress with my car once I am home.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:07 PM

sigh......i am back again.....how do you flash those ralliart files to ecu? tried using ecuflash but it wont recognize the file......
Old Jun 29, 2015, 06:04 PM

you flash with ecuflash. I do mine.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mark1si
you flash with ecuflash. I do mine.

i inserted the file into ecuflash but it says it doesnt recognize the file and went into some type of developer mode.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 06:09 AM

Go back a couple of pages and look at my experience with my 2014 flashing. It isn't associating your file with a basemap, so you might have your maps in the wrong directory or something, but you can point it to the proper map in the developer window that pops up if you need to.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 03:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure you have the relevant xml file in the ecuflash directory as outlined in this thread...
Old Jul 10, 2015, 02:44 PM

Hey,

I've been using the GST boostpill + 91 map for almost 2 years now and have been loving it. I recently added an Ultimate racing high flow cat to the rest of my Ultimate racing catback and switched to the TBE 91 map. Everything has been fine for a couple days, however today on the way home from work, The CEL popped up again. Comes up with code P2096 seemingly usually on start ups. Now this isn't too big a deal for me as my headunit is an android unit with torque pro and dashcommand hooked up to obd2 so I can clear and check codes anytime, but would it be normal to throw a code after reflashing the TBE map?

Also,
I've been wondering if there are any sort of definite gain numbers between the 91 and 93 TBE maps. Been reading around the internet only to find stuff about ignition timing and what not. Just wondering if there was like a definite 1-5 hp increase or something

P.S.
My rear O2 sensor a ruined so i'm running a dead plug in the HFC. There's a permanent code thrown for that, but thankfully it doesn't seem to light anything up. The front (important) O2 sensor seems to work fine though

Last edited by eh-jhey; Jul 10, 2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 09:01 PM

Why are there no 2015 maps?

I'm assuming since nothing has changed with the engine that the 2012 maps work fine? Can anyone confirm this?

Best,

Last edited by Mivec20; Jul 21, 2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 08:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
I can't believe I started this thread six years and 501,115 views ago!

I think the original post needs some updating and loving. Let me get in touch with Richard and see what we can do to bring this more up to date!

B
Old Jul 22, 2015, 08:20 AM

Big thanks big bro!

Best,
Old Jul 22, 2015, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously, thank you. If you have a version that makes a bit more power for the 09 tbe boost pill then I'd be willing to try it out for ya 😉
Old Jul 22, 2015, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Mivec20
Why are there no 2015 maps?

I'm assuming since nothing has changed with the engine that the 2012 maps work fine? Can anyone confirm this?

Best,

Use the 2014 maps. They're pretty much the same as 2015

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap