Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
So I decided to do a 3rd gear -> 5th/6th gear pull tonight and noticed my boost gauge was reading close to 24 and floating around there and around the upshifts I was getting low 10 to high 9s on the AFRs. Is this normal or should I be concerned with the tune and take it easy? I'm running the 93 BP+TBE map from the 2014 generation.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Raikiri
So I decided to do a 3rd gear -> 5th/6th gear pull tonight and noticed my boost gauge was reading close to 24 and floating around there and around the upshifts I was getting low 10 to high 9s on the AFRs. Is this normal or should I be concerned with the tune and take it easy? I'm running the 93 BP+TBE map from the 2014 generation.
On the TBE 93oct maps, boost target from 4000-5000rpm is 23.2psi, then tapering off at higher revs.

The Boost Error Correction mechanism is configured so as to tolerate being close to 0.8psi over target before it'll bother pegging back the wastegate control solenoid.

If you're watching boost levels on an entirely separate boost gauge, what your gauge reads and what the ECU sees might be a hair different as well.

So, from the sound of it, "high twenty-threes" mid-gear sounds pretty right for boost levels on that map.

Note that every vehicle is slightly different. These are base maps, not custom tunes. They are a good base from which to begin fine-tuning for individual Ralliarts.

Ditto for fuel. Low tens is, ahem, an abundance of fuel, for sure. If you're at WOT from third gear right up to sixth, you'll really be winding up the ECU's "progressive enrichment" (a.k.a. leanspool) system... which throws in more and more fuel the longer you stay foot to the floor.

Rich
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Okay great to know. I read somewhere that the boost for this map was supposed to target at like 18-21 or something so I wasn't sure whether or not I should worry about my engine popping Same goes for the AFRs I thought I read it was supposed to be high 10s-low 11s
Old Sep 6, 2015, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
So, emissions testing has rolled around again for me and I am having an issue with readiness completion. O2 readiness will not complete and the monitor for catalyst simply shows n/a. I am wondering if there is something that I am overlooking in the maps that may be causing this issue.

I am using the 2009 boost pill tbe 93 oct map and have rescaled the MAF to match my intake ( the only tables I touched were MAF Scaling Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3;similar, I assume, to what is done with the +AEM version of the tbe map) but no other modifications to the map have been made by myself.

Am I overlooking something?

Last time this happened I reinstalled my catalyst and flashed a different map onto the car and was able to get it to complete/pass, but of course I forget to document which map I actually used (not sure if other GST variant or some version of stock) and can't remember if I swapped boost pills at that point, either. I tried checking all of the "ECU Options" and "Misc" tables between the different GST maps and couldn't find any differences that would have caused readiness to disable, so I can't even determine if switching map versions to one that contains a factory cat would even make a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll keep fuddling around here in the meantime, as well.
So, an update for anyone else interested, or for myself if I forget and have to come back searching again, I was able to solve the issue.

I flashed back a standard 93 oct boost pill map without the tbe option and then rescaled that for my intake so I wouldn't run lean and was able to complete readiness and pass emissions succesfully (I already have a 90 degree rear O2 spacer installed, so I just left the test pipe on as we don't have a visual inspection here in IL).

When flashing back to my old modified TBE map after passing, however, I realized that some of the parameters were set differently than on the newer 3.1 maps (compare ROM option) leading me to believe I may have possibly been running an older 3.0 version. So I have since modified a new 3.1 for my intake and will determine if readiness will complete on that or if I will just be switching bi-annually, as needed.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in Sydney, Australa with a bone stock 2011 Ralliart. Have just spent a good part of the last two days going through this conversation and still cant believe a company would release a free performance upgrade like this. Wouldn't happen here so a very very late thank you haha.

Just one quick question, how much power at the wheels would the boost pill, tbe basemap give.

Is logging and all this other techy stuff necessary? I'm not that computer savvy so it seems all daunting. I just want to get a tune, install AEM failsafe and just use that to make sure my boost and afr's are ok.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ozzieralliart
Just one quick question, how much power at the wheels would the boost pill, tbe basemap give.

Is logging and all this other techy stuff necessary? I'm not that computer savvy so it seems all daunting. I just want to get a tune, install AEM failsafe and just use that to make sure my boost and afr's are ok.
I've been wondering the same thing about how much hp.

I would log just to be safe just so you know what your car is doing cause cars are all different plus climates and altitudes. Definitely get a boost/afr gauge just so you know how your car is doing. I have the failsafe and love it for what it does.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:06 PM

I've been wondering the same thing about how much hp.

I would log just to be safe just so you know what your car is doing cause cars are all different plus climates and altitudes. Definitely get a boost/afr gauge just so you know how your car is doing. I have the failsafe and love it for what it does.

hmm yeah I think from reading on here I will just do the boost pill and basemap as it runs rich and is the most conservative and best bang for buck. Once I get the other bits and pieces I will go to a professional and let them do the logging and get the car tuned in right for my car.

Lucky enough to have the likes of Merlin here in Sydney who is able to log and fine tune the car to get it running well.

Old Sep 15, 2015, 08:50 AM

Are the ones in the "v31.003 Base Maps" link the v3.1 ones that everyone is talking about?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

The first page hasnt been updated in quite some time. Here is the link to the post with the most recent maps I believe
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...l#post11302013
Old Sep 15, 2015, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not sure why everyone keeps asking about the power gains with these basemaps since the dyno-graphs showing the EXACT power increases from using these basemaps are all right there in black-and-white on the very first page of this thread.....
Old Sep 16, 2015, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
I'm not sure why everyone keeps asking about the power gains with these basemaps since the dyno-graphs showing the EXACT power increases from using these basemaps are all right there in black-and-white on the very first page of this thread.....
Cause those dyno graphs only show for the 91+BP map. Nothing to show about the 93+BP+TBE map or even the one with the AEM intake.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Cause those dyno graphs only show for the 91+BP map. Nothing to show about the 93+BP+TBE map or even the one with the AEM intake.
Ok, here's my Dyno-Graph for you to look at. I went from the 93+BP+CB basemap to a custom tune and here are the results.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...-cbrd-tune.jpg
Old Sep 16, 2015, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

So roughly 240hp/283tq give or take on the 93+BP map. Not too bad. Curious to see how the TBE would raise the power.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

So roughly 240hp/283tq give or take on the 93+BP map. Not too bad. Curious to see how the TBE would raise the power.
I think it would be a minimal increase, because I already have a high flow cat, so the only difference would be adding an aftermarket downpipe, and you'd be lucky to get 3 more hp/tq by changing out that last exhaust piece. The big gain comes when you put on a high flow cat, and that was already installed on the car when this dyno-tune was performed.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Ic. Well cause I'm running a test pipe instead of a HFC and using the TBE map instead of just the BP map you were originally on. You said you were just using the Regular 93 BP map before. The CBE would still fall under just the Boost Pill map and not the TBE one unless you flashed over to the TBE map before you got your tune.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap