Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see, so no one should run the X maf on their ralliart without having the maf tables either scaled or copied from the X maf tables? I've got some reading on changing maf tables this weekend I think
Old Aug 12, 2016, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct, any change to the MAF housing needs MAF tables to be scaled.

Hey Rich, I have a couple of Force Patches I was working for the RA and a few of them are still failing by one item. I have a few years that work and a few that don't. Any chance you could PM me so I can talk to you about where I am at with them?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 02:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by blankskater08
Correct, any change to the MAF housing needs MAF tables to be scaled.

Hey Rich, I have a couple of Force Patches I was working for the RA and a few of them are still failing by one item. I have a few years that work and a few that don't. Any chance you could PM me so I can talk to you about where I am at with them?
Sure, but I'm not sure how much help I'll actually be. Email me - raxpatch {at} gmail {dot} com

Rich
Old Sep 28, 2016, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the latest GST tune for Boost Pill only on my 2015 RA for quite some time and everything is perfect.

Yesterday I start (cold start) the car for like 3 seconds to back it up. Then later when I tried to start it again it wasn't able to turn on. Got a brand new battery because the stock one wasn't strong enough to keep more than 3 seconds of starting cycles.
With the new battery took like 4 seconds of hitting the starter to make the engine run.

There is a funny smell after I was able to turn it on. So I guess that the combustion chamber was flooded with fuel. Turning on the car for just 3 wasn't a good idea.

Probably the cold start fuel tables are on the rich side.
Just letting you know maybe a tweak to the maps will help avoid a fellow member being stranded with a car that is unable to start.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Hi. I don't think that is something that can really be "map-tuned" to avoid.

Rich
Old Oct 3, 2016, 08:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Yea, that has nothing to do with the basemap.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Does GST not support the gst basemap anymore? Went to their website and it's all about Subaru, did Bryan or whoever made this map not do this anymore? Just curious.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 03:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by russ72
did Bryan or whoever made this map not do this anymore? Just curious.
Look at the post right before yours.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=razorlab;11676940]Look at the post right before yours.

Heh, I usually don't read the bottom page after reading the replies. I just see avatar's noticed didn't see gst motorsports anymore so, figured you had enough.
Any who, I'm no tuner don't know squat about it. How much do I need to know about tuning for these maps, I would want just to install and that's it, wouldn't know how to make changes to anything.
1. any step by step guide to installing(any other tutorials/ explanations besides this site)?
2. any other way to install on car besides laptop/tanctrix cable?
3. noticed on first page it only goes to 2013 models
4. was only planning on installing IC/cat back/possibly intake(have drop-in now), and probably boost pill.
5. what's you opinion on Cobbs OTS and Ams's versions?
6. how safe is it? I know that's a term that would be subjection to each car, but overall? Though I haven't heard of any catastrophic failures, I've heard of people getting knocks?? Still trying to learn about the base map. thanks and keep up the good work.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 01:25 PM

Would DP+TP+Electric cutout classify TBE? Wanting to keep the stock exhaust for sleeper status.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

I just purchased:
*OpenPort 2.0

* AEM 21-698C Cold Air Intake

*AMS Boost Pill

* Lancer Ralliart 2009-2015 Cat-Back™ Exhaust S-Type part # 140334

*ETS Intercooler w/Evo x Licp

* I'm still in process of finding a laptop(used or whatever) does it matter if it's windows or Chrome OS?
*What kind of power/torque gains am I looking at?

Which maps would I use? Was thinking the 2013 Stock RA + Boos Pill Upgrade + TBE+ AEM intake? Though, since I don't have a TBE just will be a cat-back exhaust?
Far as copying OEM files, soon as I hit the download file on program, the original file is still on car right, it's just copying the files to the laptop? Thanks for any info.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by russ72
I just purchased:
*OpenPort 2.0

* AEM 21-698C Cold Air Intake

*AMS Boost Pill

* Lancer Ralliart 2009-2015 Cat-Back™ Exhaust S-Type part # 140334

*ETS Intercooler w/Evo x Licp

* I'm still in process of finding a laptop(used or whatever) does it matter if it's windows or Chrome OS?
*What kind of power/torque gains am I looking at?

Which maps would I use? Was thinking the 2013 Stock RA + Boos Pill Upgrade + TBE+ AEM intake? Though, since I don't have a TBE just will be a cat-back exhaust?
Far as copying OEM files, soon as I hit the download file on program, the original file is still on car right, it's just copying the files to the laptop? Thanks for any info.
Needs a windows O/S

You cant use the map. The original poster makes clear that you need to combine a cat back with a test pipe or highflow cat. If you dont have that combination then the recommended calibration is "Stock RA + BoostPill upgrade".

In other words: Keep the air filter in the box don't put it into the car and install the intercooler, catback, bostpill and load the Stock RA + Boostpill calibration. Yes the air filter believe it or not has the greatest impact in the ECU that is why is a big deal.

If you are stubborn and want to put all the parts in then a custom tune is needed. None of the calibrations in this topic will work on your current part list.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 07:46 PM

Ok, I have searched and searched. I have tried everything I can possibly think of. I can not for the absolute life of me get Evoscan 2.9 to log my RA running GST basemap v3.1, can someone please help me.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dfarmer0033
Ok, I have searched and searched. I have tried everything I can possibly think of. I can not for the absolute life of me get Evoscan 2.9 to log my RA running GST basemap v3.1, can someone please help me.
Hi. You double-posted. I answered over here...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...an-issues.html

Rich
Old Dec 15, 2016, 02:19 PM

Hey Razorlab / Richardjh, just wanted to say thanks for the work you've both put into this stuff. If it wasn't for this thread I don't think I'd ever considered mucking around with my mapping. I'm still trying to get my head around reading the log files for fine tuning, but I think I've got the basics sorted to where I can get usable results.

I'll be wiring some beer money for you both for Xmas, assuming the email addresses previously listed are still working. Thanks again!
The following users liked this post:
richardjh (Dec 15, 2016)

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap