Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by pneill_82
Hi Rich

I've attached the logcfg that I have been using, (I found it in this forum) and the rom xml base I am using is EDM 2011 - 56950006 (inherits: evo10base) so could be a mismatch somewhere.

(Thanks for your time)

Paul.
The address is okay. Try this scaling instead...

scalingrpn=x,0.3921569,*

I don't think that will show your problem any more clearly, though.

I do have a few recommendations...

Focus on "Load Ramp Rate #1" value

Your version of the GST Base Map has some changes to it. I see differences in "Load Ramp Rate #1 (Load>70)" (higher than we released in the base maps), Rev Limit (lower than released), and Boost Limit (higher than released).

Rev Limit and Boost Limit are non-issues. The Load Ramp Rate, however, does concern me - I personally experienced an odd throttle-off jerk when using values higher than the one baked into the GST Base Map v31.003. It wasn't jerking when brakes were applied, though... nor at rpm ranges you mentioned. My car would jerk when throttling off slightly under boost. It was directly related to "Load Ramp Rate #1". So I feel this area is worth a close look.

The factory "Load Ramp Rate #1" value for your ROM is 3.53%. GST Base Map setting is 7.84%. Yours is currently a bit higher again. Given your experience, I suggest you try changing that value to 3.53% and see if the jerk goes away. Perhaps your accelerator pedal position sensor is a bit "noisy", and is sending values that cause the ECU to over-react some when calculating load values.

Use EvoScan to capture logs for specific troubleshooting

EvoScan has a mode called "RAX Fast Logging". That version of GST Base Maps has my "RAX Patch" for "Fast Logging" built in, so it's going to work out of the box with EvoScan in that mode. RAX Fast Logging means no more messing about with custom addresses, and - as the name implies - much faster logging!

Just be sure to "tick" the EvoScan option "File --> Disable MultiThreading". Its logging seems to work faster that way!

The Tactrix "standalone 24/7 logging" is really useful as a general fallback, to capture everything. For specific logging of something in particular, though, a laptop with EvoScan in RAX Fast Logging mode gives you much higher quality data.

Rich
Old Dec 26, 2019, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Rich (Happy xmas and new year)

I did have a bit of a fiddle with the load ramp Rate #1 (I remember I did reduce it down in the map I had attached on this chat (I have tried to to increase it to approx 8.84% on the current map I have loaded (yes I did up the boost limit and reduced the rev limit, again just trying out somethings (rev limit I was a bit concerned may have been too high in at 7300rpm)

I have purchased evoscan but wasnt sure of the right config to set it up (thanks for providing the info on that)

I will give evoscan a crack and see if anything odd stands out.

thanks again for your help on this fun with the sst (I sometimes wish for a manual trans )

Paul.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by pneill_82
Thanks Rich (Happy xmas and new year)

I did have a bit of a fiddle with the load ramp Rate #1 (I remember I did reduce it down in the map I had attached on this chat (I have tried to to increase it to approx 8.84% on the current map I have loaded (yes I did up the boost limit and reduced the rev limit, again just trying out somethings (rev limit I was a bit concerned may have been too high in at 7300rpm)

I have purchased evoscan but wasnt sure of the right config to set it up (thanks for providing the info on that)

I will give evoscan a crack and see if anything odd stands out.

thanks again for your help on this fun with the sst (I sometimes wish for a manual trans )

Paul.
Hi Paul.

Okay, cool. Lower that "Load Ramp Rate #1" right back to the factory 3.53% value and drive it for a while, to see if it behaves itself. Running a high value like you were will just exacerbate twitchy load calc response - and that can lead to unwanted side-effects.

Rich

Old May 19, 2020, 07:55 AM

Sorry for the very noobie question but does it matter which boost pill to use? The only one I can find online is the one AMS sells. Finally making decision to switch from Cobb to GST...wish my luck guys and I am sure i'll be scrolling through this post often.
Old May 19, 2020, 08:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by ipointatthesky
Sorry for the very noobie question but does it matter which boost pill to use? The only one I can find online is the one AMS sells. Finally making decision to switch from Cobb to GST...wish my luck guys and I am sure i'll be scrolling through this post often.
That will work just fine.
Old May 19, 2020, 10:09 PM

XML File

Originally Posted by razorlab
That will work just fine.
Thank you for clarifying. The beginning of thread mentions downloading XML to read ecu flash file but the link takes me to a weird page. What is it that needs to be downloaded? The instruction said to place file in a very specific place
Old May 20, 2020, 07:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Thank you for clarifying. The beginning of thread mentions downloading XML to read ecu flash file but the link takes me to a weird page. What is it that needs to be downloaded? The instruction said to place file in a very specific place
Should be able to find what you need here: http://norcalmotorsports.org/users/b.../ROMs/XML/Evo/
Old May 20, 2020, 07:20 AM

Thank you so much! I have been stuck on that for a while lol. To download the file, I just right click and save link? It saves as file type XML so i assume that it is correct. Also there are 3 XML files it looks like for 2011 Lancer ralliart. The 56940007, 56940009, and 56940010. Which one should i be downloading? The 56940010 file does not look similar to the rest and is much small it appears. 56940007.xml
56940009.xml, 56940010.xml
Old May 20, 2020, 07:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Thank you so much! I have been stuck on that for a while lol. To download the file, I just right click and save link? It saves as file type XML so i assume that it is correct. Also there are 3 XML files it looks like for 2011 Lancer ralliart. The 56940007, 56940009, and 56940010. Which one should i be downloading? The 56940010 file does not look similar to the rest and is much small it appears. 56940007.xml
56940009.xml, 56940010.xml
Might as well download them all. I can't remember what specific ROM ID we used for the 2011 and don't have my tuning laptop with me currently to check.
Old May 20, 2020, 07:25 AM

It does not hurt or mess anything up to have the extra files saved to the Ecuflash folder?
Old May 20, 2020, 07:42 AM
EvoM Guru

It does not hurt or mess anything up to have the extra files saved to the Ecuflash folder?
Nope. I have hundreds.
The following users liked this post:
ipointatthesky (May 20, 2020)
Old May 20, 2020, 07:48 AM

Nope. I have hundreds.
Thank you for patiently answering my questions. New and very nervous to get this all done initially as I am learning. I've been reading the other forums trying to find a guide and get acquainted.
Old May 20, 2020, 08:43 AM

Hello razorlab,

My last question for me to get this going is which order do you recommend doing everything in? My Ralliart has a loud clutch grind sometimes at startup and clutches are chattering already so I really look forward to doing a teach in to hopefully smoothen or resolve things once I get my Tactrix.

Would Pill + GST tune, then teach in make more sense or teach in first then tune? I also keep hearing that I should flash to get Super Sport mode saying it would be better for my transmission... what is your opinion on this and if so, which order should I do it in? Thanks a lot ahead of time!
@razorlab

Last edited by ipointatthesky; May 20, 2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old May 21, 2020, 11:20 AM
EvoM Guru

I would do the teach in first
The following users liked this post:
ipointatthesky (May 22, 2020)
Old May 22, 2020, 07:19 AM

Thumbs up

I would do the teach in first
Thanks razorlab, definitely will do it how you would so teach in first it is lol

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap