2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lchu
Awesome. Thanks for the details.

Now to find a Tactrix Cable...

If I were to add a Drop-In filter, would that affect anything?

For example, lets say I added a Drop-In Filter to a completely stock RA, do I need to get a tune?
Drop in filters do allow more airflow but nothing compared to a intake. Air to fuel ratios should still be ok with a drop in. So a tune is not needed. I currently have a works drop in and a AMS catback and have not noticed any issues.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bryan,

did u do 2009 USDM/CADM - 91 oct - GST BP - V2?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

I used that 2009 version 2 on a 2 hour trip today to find out at the end of my trip each way 4 hours total back and forth my transmission goes bonkers. When I got to my destination the auto would go from first to third to fifth gear with extremely high revs in between tried manual and would do the same thing. Cut off the car after parking an came back to return to my destination it was fine until I just got back then my car from a stop wouldn't auto shift past 1st gear in manual it would go from 1 to 3 to 5 gear until I turned off the car and turned it on. I reflashed my car back to 93 oct version 1 and everything seems fine. If anyone want to try to use the 2009 93 oct version 2band try I on a 2 hr or more road trip try it out to see if it's not just me but the version 2 went bonkers on my tranny for running a couple hours straight like that.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 04:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
I used that 2009 version 2 on a 2 hour trip today to find out at the end of my trip each way 4 hours total back and forth my transmission goes bonkers. When I got to my destination the auto would go from first to third to fifth gear with extremely high revs in between tried manual and would do the same thing. Cut off the car after parking an came back to return to my destination it was fine until I just got back then my car from a stop wouldn't auto shift past 1st gear in manual it would go from 1 to 3 to 5 gear until I turned off the car and turned it on. I reflashed my car back to 93 oct version 1 and everything seems fine. If anyone want to try to use the 2009 93 oct version 2band try I on a 2 hr or more road trip try it out to see if it's not just me but the version 2 went bonkers on my tranny for running a couple hours straight like that.
If it's skipping gears it's in limp mode for some reason.

I found this thread of yours and this post (the quoted) that you had prior issues with the SST. Had it been resolved before putting this map on? https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8527296-post21.html

Which 2009 93 oct V2 where you using?

Any mods on the car?

Thanks for the feedback.

- Bryan

Last edited by GST Motorsports; Aug 9, 2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
lol, well I'll be going from Chicago to Indy this weekend and back, so I'll let you know if I can corroborate. Although...I really doubt it'll happen, especially with your unfortunate SST problems in the past, the GST basemap seems like a red herring...

Did you drive another 2 hours on the v1 afterward?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

I was out the other night driving with the V2 map - 93 oct + boost pill. For about 1.5 hours hard. I had no issues in sport manual. I really pushed the car hard as well. So far in sport manual its working great. I have not experienced any troubles with the tranny. Especially what was mentioned above. I hope i dont. Bryan I will keep u updated with the usage of the V2 map. So far its great.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

I have been wringing the pi$$ outta mine on the V2 93 + pill tune. Not one tuning-related issue has appeared. I routinely drive 4 or more hours while road cruising for reptiles. This means= Frequent WOT reverse, and many quick drive-to-reverse-to-drive shifts.
The only issue of which I am constantly reminded (especially with this tune)? Tires. On the bright side, they'll be burnt off more quickly with the V2 tune.
Punkin Approved:
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap-photo0001.jpg   2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap-photo0015.jpg  

Last edited by Alterna; Aug 10, 2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Alterna
I have been wringing the pi$$ outta mine on the V2 93 + pill tune. Not one tuning-related issue has appeared. I routinely drive 4 or more hours while road cruising for reptiles. This means= Frequent WOT reverse, and many quick drive-to-reverse-to-drive shifts.
The only issue of which I am constantly reminded (especially with this tune)? Tires. On the bright side, they'll be burnt off more quickly with the V2 tune.
Punkin Approved:
you catch gators for a living?!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

For fun.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:24 PM
lfv

Still looking forward to the V2 for the AUS 2008/9 RA
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alterna
For fun.
Hope it's not illegal
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikesim
you catch gators for a living?!
??? Cool!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Skym
Hope it's not illegal
that really sounds like a lot of fun. as long as it's catch-and-release, i'm sure nobody will mind...
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Question. How do i know if im running to lean or to rich? Since i reflashed with the V2 + boost pill + 93 oct map I was wondering if theres a chance i could be running to lean? If i were to data log would i be able to check? Last question...has anyone been running lean since they dled the new map??
Old Aug 12, 2010, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ArtofRalli
Question. How do i know if im running to lean or to rich? Since i reflashed with the V2 + boost pill + 93 oct map I was wondering if theres a chance i could be running to lean? If i were to data log would i be able to check? Last question...has anyone been running lean since they dled the new map??
No, but i'm still running rich.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap