Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have to upload the V1 first and then the V2 or can you just jump right into the V2? Compared to the other tune options this is so hard to beat for the price. Do you also have to buy the mitsubishi adapater or just the taxtric 2.0 and boost pill?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
Do you have to upload the V1 first and then the V2 or can you just jump right into the V2? Compared to the other tune options this is so hard to beat for the price. Do you also have to buy the mitsubishi adapater or just the taxtric 2.0 and boost pill?
You do not need the $10 adapter just the tactrix cable and a laptop and a GST boost pill if you plan to use those maps. You do not have to load a map first in order to load a different map. Just make sure you flash the correct map depending on octane and if you installed a GST boost pill or kept the stock pill.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Two more questions. Does it tell you how to save a copy of your stock map for quick flashing back to stock. I am thinking about mainly going in for service. If I do go back to stock for the dealer do I have to remove the GST boost pill? Will a dealer really check out the ECU if I go in for something unrelated to the ECU?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Two more questions. Does it tell you how to save a copy of your stock map for quick flashing back to stock. I am thinking about mainly going in for service. If I do go back to stock for the dealer do I have to remove the GST boost pill? Will a dealer really check out the ECU if I go in for something unrelated to the ECU?
When you first start (after connecting the cable and launching ECU Flash) click Read ECU, that will read your stock map and allow you to save it.

If you flash back to your stock map, then you need to remove the pill as you can run with it in stock mode.

As for if the dealer will read the ECU for something non-ECU related...depends on your dealer. For as simple as it is its safer just to flash back to stock.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you really I don't see how you can go wrong with as a great first mod getting the GST flash and pill. Then from there I can take it to a dyno tuner and go from there.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Once you plug in the cable and open ecuflash, you can read from ecu and save your stock rom. If you have installed the GST boost pill and flashed back to stock, you will have to install the stock pill again. If you dont, you will over boost and possibly cause damage.

Check out and read the EvoX logging and also Ecuflash threads. They are under the EvoX tuning and engine management thread There is some very good info that anyone modding/tuning/flashing should know.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

I have learned a ton already. This is a great car already and with the help on here I know I can make it even better.

Thanks for helping the turbo noob!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

I have learned a ton already. This is a great car already and with the help on here I know I can make it even better.

Thanks for helping the turbo noob!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Loaded up the 2009 USDM/CADM 91 Oct + GST Boost Pill V2 map and took my RA for a quick spin. All I can say is: V2 is freakin' awesome!

The lag in 1st gear isn't as noticeable, shifts are smoother for the most part, and 0-45mph is much quicker than ever before (haven't been able to get on the highway yet ). Kudos to Bryan and GST Motorsports for another excellent contribution for us RA owners!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

i just started using the V2 boost pill 91 octane map on friday. car threw an overboost code just before that and i had the laptop there so we just decided to switch maps. I like the new map! feels better, shifts smoother. i've only driven in manual sport mode so far.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:32 PM

where can i get this boost pill? not on GST website from what I could see. Also ive got a different boost pill..will this basemap still work well with it? sorry in advance if its a retarded question.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 04:00 AM
lfv

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
All 2009 V2 BaseMaps now on first post!

- Bryan
Thanks Heaps Bryan!!
Just Loaded it, see how it goes tonight!

Now I just have to get my hands on a boost pill.

Cheers
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:04 AM

I probably know the answer to this, but I just want to confirm...

Can I use these maps if I have a Full UR Turbo-Back?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jonhix09RA
where can i get this boost pill? not on GST website from what I could see. Also ive got a different boost pill..will this basemap still work well with it? sorry in advance if its a retarded question.
Check under the evo IX section or type in boost pill to their search feature. I would get GST's boost pill, as different tuners use different sizes.

A few notes about ordering from GST:

1. Email your order, they have been having issues with the cart feature, and not all orders have been getting through.

2. No one there picks up the phone, and email replies are inconsistent. Just be patient. I would email them at least once a week until you get your order.

3. Before installing the map and pill, read through this entire thread. There is a lot of good info here, and basic questions have been answered multiple times.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I flashed my RA with the 93-stock pill-V2 ROM shortly after it was available last night and went out for a spin. Most notably are the smoother shifts in sport mode, they're not as harsh as I remember them to be at partial throttle. Turbo spool is also near instantaneous around 2500~3000. All in all, it's a great update. Now, I just gotta wait for my boost pill to get here....

Thank you again, Bryan. If you're ever in the Metro Detroit area, you'll have to let me know cause I'd be honored to buy you a couple s!

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap