Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just testing out 91 V2 Flash from prior flash. Excellent shifts through out the gears, my other flash was hard on couple shifts.

Excellent work Bryan. Any word on if the 91 V2 in compatible with Cold Region area. I know I posted it twice and seen acouple others asking, just want to know if I have to flash it back when the weather drops?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question that can hopefully be answered.

My brother was folling me one day into the city and at about 80% to WOT there was black smoke coming out of the exhaust. I have reflashed to 93+boostpill+V2. Is this normal? i tryed to find a thread on this but was unsuccessful. Would this be running to rich or lean IF this is not normal?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ArtofRalli
Quick question that can hopefully be answered.

My brother was folling me one day into the city and at about 80% to WOT there was black smoke coming out of the exhaust. I have reflashed to 93+boostpill+V2. Is this normal? i tryed to find a thread on this but was unsuccessful. Would this be running to rich or lean IF this is not normal?
Black smoke is fuel, which is fine. It usually means there is more room to lean out the mixture for more power, but not something you can do bu just watching the exhaust.

This question was asked a few pages back.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

I open the ECU flash, open read ecu and I do not see a choice for the 2009 RA? The newest one shows mitsubishi 2006+CAN.

Any advice?

I am just trying to save my stock ECU Rom first.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Use the 2006+CAN. ECUFlash goes by the type of ECU version, not the year,make,model of the car.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Okay thanks
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't have time to install the boost pill over lunch so I saved my stock ecu and then loaded the 91 stock pill V2. Just driving back to work I can notice a nice difference! I wasn' really able to get on it so just with the normal driving i really noticed the smooth shifts. There was a nice difference in the down shifting and accelerating out of a turn. After work I will install the boost pill and then reflash. I was a little nervous about the flashing part but it went well.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Just got done testing the car out after installing the GST boost pill and reflashing to the V2 for 91 OCT and boost pill.
WOW! I can't believe the difference that made just adding the pill and reflashing. What is really awesome is watching my gas mileage. It gets better gas mileage and has more power. How can you go wrong with that. Usually if I were zooming around I could watch my instant fuel mileage go down the drain. After a bit of spirited driving on the new tune the fuel guage barely went down. Once I return to normal driving it goes right back up and keeps climbing.

A huge thanks to GST for the free tune! Like others have said this is how the car should have come stock. I def. feel like the RA is faster and pulls strong than my Z roadster did. I really don't miss it now lol.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Question: Here in Ontario the average temp is dropping. Winter is coming. At what point should i reflash to stock map AND is the stock pill directional as i saw one side was larger than the other.

Any input is greatly appreciated.!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ArtofRalli
Question: Here in Ontario the average temp is dropping. Winter is coming. At what point should i reflash to stock map AND is the stock pill directional as i saw one side was larger than the other.

Any input is greatly appreciated.!
I believe bryan is working on changing the maps to work better in low temps (Like on his sportback). I hope he does cause I'm addicted to the pill now and won't quit!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 05:18 AM

whats the worst that can happen if i do not go back to stock and keep on using the 2010 93oct stock pill tune for the NYC winter? thanks in advance
Old Sep 8, 2010, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

We have bad KS winters too, but I really dont want to have to take the GST pill out now that I know how well the car drives. I want to know what can happen too. Its not worth messing the engine up. Also if we have to take the pill out can we at least leave the V2 tune or do we have to get rid of that for the stock map too?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

in cooler weather you might notice low idle, some stumbling and the worst; over boosting. engine damage may occur if you're not careful.

last night i was driving home from work and even though i love the boost pill, i'm going to flash to the 91 octane stock pill V2 tune. 5*C overnight is too low for me to be comfortable because i don't have a boost gauge or wideband yet. doing this blind isn't the smartest thing to do.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:00 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mikesim
in cooler weather you might notice low idle, some stumbling and the worst; over boosting. engine damage may occur if you're not careful.

last night i was driving home from work and even though i love the boost pill, i'm going to flash to the 91 octane stock pill V2 tune. 5*C overnight is too low for me to be comfortable because i don't have a boost gauge or wideband yet. doing this blind isn't the smartest thing to do.
Sounds like you are the perfect candidate to test the PSI-Target boost control base map.

Want to try it out?

- Bryan
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Good to hear u are trying to help us out with this cold weather problem!! Already having a beta map is good timing. Keep us updated.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap