Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Sounds like you are the perfect candidate to test the PSI-Target boost control base map.

Want to try it out?

- Bryan
I'm your huckleberry...
Attached Images  
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

No issues like last night. No idea what happened just hope it doesn't happen again. I bought the evo scan program and will try it out after work.
Any thoughts on what i should log or check for? Is there a how to link on using the software?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Updated the drag list times in the first post with EvoOtto's new great time:

EvoOtto -- 93 oct BaseMap V2 + BoostPill = 13.2@101.99mph

He is currently the quickest/fastest Basemap RA.

- Bryan

Daaammmn! That's a whole different car than my 13.8 @ 100 :S Congrats on the time.

Maybe my new transmission will help the story
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bryan,

I loaded the map and like it, however, on hard acceleration she kicks out some dark smoke from the exhaust. I have I little more then stock mods (sign block). Should I stop using the flash? I'm not getting any warning lights just a little smoke when I kick her down. Please advise.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Black smoke is just a little bit of a rich mixture. That's not a bad thing, and chances are your car did this before the flash too. Most do.

Only way around this is to lean the car out yourself, but that's not safe without a wideband o2 setup. The rich tune is basically so you don't pop your motor.

You're safe.

Last edited by Proteus_x15; Sep 9, 2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

I had to reflash my back to stock for the winter today. I can say the car feels different. Not as much power, but smoother idle and such. Shifts are a little harsher. Over all i feel as though the car is smooter overall.

I will miss the power top end.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Im sorry if this is a dumb question, but why is it not advisable to run the tune and pill in the winter time? I read something about overboost, why is that though?? I live up here in NJ and that past winter was a killer...i just order my boost pill and am looking to install the 93 V2 pill map, but if I have to take it off again in a few months I might as well wait till spring right??
Old Sep 9, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll hit higher load cells in the cold weather. Higher load should mean more power. I'm not sure why this would be an issue. Always good to log in the new weather though to make sure things are in order.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Piper747
You'll hit higher load cells in the cold weather. Higher load should mean more power. I'm not sure why this would be an issue. Always good to log in the new weather though to make sure things are in order.
it's because the current V1 and V2 GST basemaps are load-targeted and not psi-targeted. you'll run into situations where boost will come on so strong and the afr correction won't be fast enough to protect you from going lean and blowing up your engine.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Snipingdude
Im sorry if this is a dumb question, but why is it not advisable to run the tune and pill in the winter time? I read something about overboost, why is that though?? I live up here in NJ and that past winter was a killer...i just order my boost pill and am looking to install the 93 V2 pill map, but if I have to take it off again in a few months I might as well wait till spring right??

What they said above about why. But the boost pill is a 10 minute install, not even, and the flash takes less than 3 minutes... so for the 13 minutes you'll spend to install it, and likewise with the uninstall, versus a couple of months til cold weather REALLY hits, go ahead and do it. You'll have a lot of fun with it.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikesim
it's because the current V1 and V2 GST basemaps are load-targeted and not psi-targeted. you'll run into situations where boost will come on so strong and the afr correction won't be fast enough to protect you from going lean and blowing up your engine.
Oh..

haha lol well its at least good to know that Bryan already has a beta one out to test, cant wait for the results!

thanks for the responses
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikesim
It's really too bad we're not rockin' a speed density type setup here though. Sooner or later someone will come up with something.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

I recently reflashed to stock and noticed my cAr runs a lot smoother. Not the shifting, but the engine. The steering wheel and petal don't vibrate as much. Now I know the V2 boost pill map is a more aggressive tune, but it seemed really rough on the engine. Why is this?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

my guessing is the timing is tweaked a bit for higher power. If you've ever listened to old school hot rod running aggressive street/race cams you'd notice that their idles are wicked rough, almost sounding like their misfiring...

Then again, I haven't tried the base maps yet, and I personally think the stock engine in my RA has a lot more vibration to it than the 2.0 Lancer GTS i just got rid of did
Old Sep 10, 2010, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Ok this talk about overboosting and blowing the engine is starting to make me nervous.
Some say it shouldn't be a problem and some say it will blow your engine if the temp is to low..

So which is it? And is it possible to overboost when driving normal in auto with light throttle?

I rather not switch the pill, was very tight to fiddle back there imo and afraid it will cause excess wear to remove and replace every so often.
´
The power of this car with this mod+boost pill feels just right and is enough for me and I don't really plan to add any extra performance mods. Just want to leave it and not worry about it, but this talk about overboosting makes me worried.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap