Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dukeds
i noticed that the car jolts a bit at first gear at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle after the car just started up. i tried to warm up the car enough but it doesn't seem to help. It goes away after 15 minutes of driving...Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? Currently using V2 Map
yes I am looking into that. It seems like there are some "cold" running maps for the SST trans. The first shift I get if I am giving it some throttle shifts like a GTR.

I'm actually looking into it because I want it to shift like that all the time on my personal RA.

- Bryan
Old Oct 8, 2010, 03:00 AM
Evolving Member

I have to thank my buddy zx-319 for putting the v2 93 oct map on my car yesterday.
It is how the car should of been when I bought it!!

Thanks Bryan for this wonderful map it is the best thing since sliced bread!
I love my new beast!!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
yes I am looking into that. It seems like there are some "cold" running maps for the SST trans. The first shift I get if I am giving it some throttle shifts like a GTR.

I'm actually looking into it because I want it to shift like that all the time on my personal RA.

- Bryan
I like it as well, and would prefer harder shifts even in "Normal" mode.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Alterna
I like it as well, and would prefer harder shifts even in "Normal" mode.
I don't want harder shifts in normal mode. Normal mode is for "normal" driving like in traffic etc. Needs to be smooth.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Question

I encountered something today when i switched from normal (auto) to sport (auto) and floored it from about 10 mph or so.
First or first two gearchanges worked ok but then it started to rev to the redline and it stopped pulling, like if the clutch went into neutral mode.
Is this a boost failure or did the clutch slip for some reason, and if so, why?
I hope I'ts not broken. I will check some more later on, just happened driving home from work.
I put it back in normal mode and disengaged the throttle fast btw when it happened and it was back to normal, allthough I didn't have time to try to floor it again (close to home).
Temperature is only about 11*C so not cold or anything.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Can I just add my voice to the chorus of happy RA owners who have use the GST basemaps. Damn fine work there, Bryan.

I'm using the "AUS 93oct stock-pill V2" Base Map. My bone-stock, AUS spec Ralliart now goes like stink. The top third of the rpm range is actually useful, and it's quicker to respond to throttle.

An initial logging test run today yielded some very positive results. Went on a 20-minute test drive, with a fair variety of driving situations covered. There was just a single instance where EvoScan logged a non-zero "knocksum" value... and that value was 1. That really gives me great confidence.

Awesome work!

Rich, in Oz
Old Oct 9, 2010, 07:32 AM

Yes. Thank you Bryan for the hard work and it is greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

I had no problem today, must be the nature of the tranny. Sport mode for about 40 mins with a few hard accelerations, and yea I love the tune aswell, obviously
Old Oct 9, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
+1. i had this happen while my car was getting tuned. there was an interrupt during the writing process and the car would not exit from write mode; just turn the key on and the fans would kick on and the dash would light up like a christmas tree. had to pull the pcm off the car and bench-flash it back to previous edited rom before going back and doing it all over again
That is exactly what i did. I just rebooted my laptop, took the map off again, then reloaded the V2 map and it worked just fine.

I lost the reflash mitsu gave me when i had my oil changed recently, but i have my ORIGINAL map from the car when i flashed it at the beginning of summer.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by richardjh
Can I just add my voice to the chorus of happy RA owners who have use the GST basemaps. Damn fine work there, Bryan.

I'm using the "AUS 93oct stock-pill V2" Base Map. My bone-stock, AUS spec Ralliart now goes like stink. The top third of the rpm range is actually useful, and it's quicker to respond to throttle.

An initial logging test run today yielded some very positive results. Went on a 20-minute test drive, with a fair variety of driving situations covered. There was just a single instance where EvoScan logged a non-zero "knocksum" value... and that value was 1. That really gives me great confidence.

Awesome work!

Rich, in Oz
So you have correct logging address's for AUS?

- Bryan
Old Oct 10, 2010, 02:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
So you have correct logging address's for AUS?

- Bryan

Hi Bryan.

No, unfortunately - I haven't found any mode23 addresses for the AUS ROM yet. Consequently, I'm limited to using "CAN MUTIII" style EvoScan. This gives me limited fields such as:

- Speed
- RPM
- KnockSum
- TimingAdv
- ThrottleActuator

It doesn't give me fields such as:

- 2ByteLoad
- TPS

...and I'm very suspicious of all the various temperature readings and AbsLoad.

So I don't yet have all the pieces of the puzzle! I'm pretty keen to find some way to see engine load, in particular.

I spent today logging half a dozen runs at my regular autocross competition - just RPM, Speed, TimingAdv and Knocksum. Very interesting! In 6 x 50-second runs, I saw...

Run #1: No Knocksum recorded.
Run #2: 6 x Knocksum 1. 1 x Knocksum 5.
Run #3: 7 x Knocksum 1.
Run #4: 3 x KNocksum 1. 1 x Knocksum 9.
Run #5: 4 x Knocksum 1.
Run #6: 5 x Knocksum 1.

In runs #2 and #4, the single relevant instance of detonation occurred at exactly the same point in the run... 5000rpm, 2nd gear, sudden WOT.

I'd like to try my hand at tuning it out, but without load logging, it'll be a bit like blundering around in the dark.

edit: And a wideband O2 sensor... gotta get me one of those!

However, it would all be a bit of an academic exercise, as I want to move to the "boost-pill map" in short order. That is, once I get a replacement boost-pill...! Having a bit of trouble with the GST-Performance online store on that front - it accepted my order for the boost pill without taking any c/c payment info, and then emailed me a confirmation!! I know you're giving away your maps free of charge, but that's just ridiculous!!!

So I might have to pick up the phone this coming week, and sort it out...

Rich

Last edited by richardjh; Oct 10, 2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Would installing a boost controller, help us cold states guys prevent overboost if we set it to 20-21 psi like the boost target for the flashed car and pill is said to be at? I was thinking about purchasing one just for the fact I dont want my car to get damaged....Im just new to this and would like more input..

something like this http://www.boostcontroller.com/index...category%3D155

or this manual one

http://www.boostcontroller.com/index...26category%3D5
Old Oct 10, 2010, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Snipingdude
Would installing a boost controller, help us cold states guys prevent overboost if we set it to 20-21 psi like the boost target for the flashed car and pill is said to be at? I was thinking about purchasing one just for the fact I dont want my car to get damaged....Im just new to this and would like more input..

something like this http://www.boostcontroller.com/index...category%3D155

or this manual one

http://www.boostcontroller.com/index...26category%3D5
Brian is trying to have someone test the PSI-Target boost control. But apparently not much people are getting involved in this test. This would address the possible issue of overboosting in cold weather (if I understood well...)
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

After messing about with the RA and EvoScan all day, I'm now in a happy place. It turns out the "wrong mode23 address" problem was actually a weird "OP2.0 sometimes goes random" problem!

I can indeed log the mode23 data I need - using one of the existing ECU entries - but it doesn't work every time I start logging.

I was initially stumped because of garbage data being displayed, like RPM of 6500 at idle. Stopping EvoScan's data logger, exiting, running it up again and trying a new data logger *usually* leads to sensible output.

I've just got to be careful I don't go for (another) 30-minute logging run with the "wrong" behaviour being logged.

Now I've got some good data on load/rpm/timing/knock, so I'm off to play with EcuFlash and maps. Joy...!

Rich
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:13 AM
Evolving Member

Richard - Which settings are you using when it sometimes works? 2009 JP/EU/AU EVOX or USA RA EVOX or something else?

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap