Notices

ok, i have officially found the most OPTOMISTIC DYNO, period. lol!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, i have officially found the most OPTOMISTIC DYNO, period. lol!!

ok guys, im not putting this up to get flamed over it, because trust me i dont believe it either. This is just for amusement purposes only, lmao. to protect the innocent some of the names have been changed. hovever im in NM and theres only one awd dyno in the state . my STOCK 09 RA, with only a k&n drop in filter put down.... drum roll please. 247 whp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my first words after seeing it up on the screen was " theres no f'ing way this dyno is accurate" and started laughing, well we all would have thought that right?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 07:26 PM

i did forget to mention that the K&N filter was the super-duper-special edition one, i can get you one if you want, but you have to have it dyno'd over here if you want it to work properly (at our 5300' above sea level air)
Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

I think you don't wanna tell us about the Super-duper Horsepower Oil Spray you used on the filter either...
Old Sep 4, 2009, 05:27 PM
Former Sponsor

What brand dyno was it? I would guess a Dyna-pack, recalibrated Mustang dyno, or a Dynojet on SAE correction that is adding over 20-25% because of the altitude.

Last edited by EricJ@AMS; Sep 4, 2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
What brand dyno was it? I would guess a Dyna-pack, recalibrated Mustang dyno, or a Dynojet on SAE correction that is adding over 20-25% because of the altitude.

dyna-packs running on older corrections are alot more accurate then dyna packs on new corrections.

Id guess its a dynojet though.. those are some inflated numbers... thats like russian economy inflated... damn.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Care to share jpegs of the dyno readings? It would help to see boost, AFR, etc. It would also help to see which dyno was used and how it was set.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 06:31 AM

i will try to get a copy of the pulls(we did 4 pulls, 247, 249, 247, 248). we technically havent finished tuning it yet so i dont have a copy of the sheet. the ecu locked up or something like that so my car is still over there. as for boost, it SAID i was making 18psi, when i questioned that they told me "oh yeah, it reads a little high" i just smiled, looked down and shook my head. so along with it reading high on horsepower, it also reads high on boost, gee i wonder what my afrs really are? i think im just gonna take my "kick in the nuts" and just pay the dyno time, pay to have my ecu fixed, and just get a ttp or ams tune.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 505RA
i will try to get a copy of the pulls(we did 4 pulls, 247, 249, 247, 248). we technically havent finished tuning it yet so i dont have a copy of the sheet. the ecu locked up or something like that so my car is still over there. as for boost, it SAID i was making 18psi, when i questioned that they told me "oh yeah, it reads a little high" i just smiled, looked down and shook my head. so along with it reading high on horsepower, it also reads high on boost, gee i wonder what my afrs really are? i think im just gonna take my "kick in the nuts" and just pay the dyno time, pay to have my ecu fixed, and just get a ttp or ams tune.
18 psi is normal for our cars. Sucks to hear about your ECU though.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 09:42 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How is your ECU locked up? Very strange. If you are just getting your car dynoed and not tuned, they have no business screwing with your ECU.

Anyhow, if we can be of assistance, let us know.

Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Pay for the TTP tune...I can promise that you wont regret it.

- Not sponsored
Old Sep 6, 2009, 06:41 PM

it locked up because i was going to have the car tuned, thats why they were messing with it. i was going to have them tune it, they are getting some really good numbers out of sti's and evo, but i think we know why .
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:09 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it locked up because i was going to have the car tuned, thats why they were messing with it. i was going to have them tune it, they are getting some really good numbers out of sti's and evo, but i think we know why .
Here is our last result from yesterday.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...-k-n-drop.html