Notices

UR uicp

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UR uicp

Well I just got this last week and I have been forgetting to get pics and post them but finally here they are. I love this piece it looks amazing and it makes going from a dig a lot smoother, also you can feel it pulling a lot harder during midrange. Thanks UR for another great product.

Old Oct 1, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Looks great!

-Taranis
Old Oct 2, 2009, 03:52 PM

AMS reflash is only for AMS parts!

You should have a custom tuning with ECUTEK dealer to optimize your UR mods and prevent damaging your engine.

You must verify your mixture with wideband because it could be too lean with the SRI. For my RA09, is was !

I got a tuning with ECUTEK dealer and we demonstrate that UR SRI is not effective because it only increase the air intake temperature. Keep your original box filter and add a drop in air filter like ITG or buy new INJEN cold air intake or AMS intake. But do not use AMS reflash with other parts than AMS.

from AMS web site :

This flash cannot be used with any aftermarket parts aside from a cat-back exhaust. If an intake or further modification is used with this flash serious engine damage can occur.

Last edited by Jack Dempsey; Jul 3, 2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

ECUTEK is extreamly limited also and you can never get it out of your ecu. You're best to get a custom tune from someone that uses a program like open ecu. That way your car can always be tuned to its optimum for the parts you have installed.

The uicp looks very nice though.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 05:13 PM

http://www.ecutek.com/news/marketing...ngineering.pdf

Last edited by Jack Dempsey; Jul 3, 2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

ecutek is a fantastic bit of gear - i can't see how its limited? at the end of the day, it is about the tuner using a custom tune to get the most out of your mods.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 08:11 PM

I called AMS personally and they said they would have no problem flashing with the UR intake. And so far no problems have arisen. Also that quote from AMS's website is for there flash without an Intake. If you have an intake just call and they can reflash your ecu for aftermarket intake use.

Last edited by MambaRA; Oct 2, 2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good Mamba. I want to get new UICP so bad cause I hate the look of the stock piping.

Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey

AMS reflash is only for AMS parts!

from AMS web site :

This flash cannot be used with any aftermarket parts aside from a cat-back exhaust. If an intake or further modification is used with this flash serious engine damage can occur.
That quote is for the AMS stage 1 flash with no other mods(from any company or AMS) other then a cat-back exhaust. There stage 2 flash is for an intake and any other mods that you have installed. I asked AMS personally and they have pretty much every other RA part on file or can make a file for it. Here is a quote from Chris @ AMS.

Originally Posted by Chris@AMS
I either have or can make tunes for just about any parts combination that I am currently aware of. If you have a particular concern you can either pm or email me and I will work with you on getting the correct file for your vehicle.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 09:59 PM

What size pipe is that? Does it go from the turbo outlet size of 1.75" directly to 2.5" like it looks?

If so, that is not a very good setup. The best setup is to slowly increase the pipe size.

Also, did you upgrade the core? The stock core is only 2.25" in. Does it have a 2.5" reducer at the core?

Where it looks better than stock, I would bet that it does not perform better, As a matter of fact, i bet it hurts low end power.

I am also not a fan of the chrome look especially with those welds. It could have been put together with a little more care.

I am a little bias but this looks better and will perform better.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...ct-garage.html
Old Oct 3, 2009, 04:49 PM

Sorry if I am about to seem like a dick ralliart425, but how could it have been put together with more care? Maybe I am the one being biased now but to me its gorgeous. Also I will supprt UR. I believe them to be a great company that sells great products. And it slowly increases to 2.5 from the 1.75, its not just sudden. From my experience I believe the braided stock uicp to leak and be inefficient. Therefor this was not just a looks mod. Lastly I do wanna compliment your uicp, it looks to be well put together.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey
You should have more informations about ECUTEK, you are realy out of the track!

For my RA09, a gain of 58TQ & 38 HP is not limited.

Don`t forget, ECUTEK push FQ-400 to 400TQ & 400HP the record for the highest specific power output per litre of any production car ever sold!!!

LIMITED !

http://www.ecutek.com/news/marketing...ngineering.pdf
I'm sorry but I'm only quoting from experience!!!!!!!!!

Had an ECUTEK tune which was great whilst the car stayed fairly stock. As soon as the mods started going on the limitations of the software became apparent. Whilst the car could be retuned the figures just didn't add up. Replaced the ECU (since the ECUTEK software could not be removed((that would have been nice to know when initially purchased))) and got the car retuned with open ECU and the figures quickly got to where I expected them to be (additional 15kW with just the tune change)

Back on topic........... now it's time to change the engine cover to really show off that shiny uicp
Old Oct 3, 2009, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MambaRA
Sorry if I am about to seem like a dick ralliart425, but how could it have been put together with more care? Maybe I am the one being biased now but to me its gorgeous.
I agree. I have the exact same one.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by MambaRA
And it slowly increases to 2.5 from the 1.75, its not just sudden. From my experience I believe the braided stock uicp to leak and be inefficient.
OK, I could not tell from the pics from either your pics or URs website.

Yes, I agree about the stock hose. That is the same technology they used on the 1G TELs.

From the pics, it looks like the pipe joints are not "centered" cleanly, but that just may be the way the pics show. Things always look better in person (except movie stars/mag models/etc..).

I think (only my opinion) that chrome under the hood only looks good if everything is chromed.

And your comment about UR, if you look close, that is the manufacturer of my MAS pipe that I am using.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 06:34 AM

I thought so I saw it and wondered if that was the UR MAS. But I will take a better pic for you to see the welds. Its just hard cause its so shiny lol.

Last edited by MambaRA; Oct 4, 2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mamba,

2 questions:
- Does your UR UICP rub heat sheild for the front vent on your hood?
- And did u get the UR UCIP for the RA or EVO X for your set up?

Last edited by Gibby860; Oct 24, 2009 at 06:03 AM.

Quick Reply: UR uicp