Notices

My Ralliart Stage 1 Upgrade @RRM/RRE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that is a **** poor design on that exhaust. Can it get any worse air flow travel?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallyGoneEvo
I think that is a **** poor design on that exhaust. Can it get any worse air flow travel?

This is the HKS Legmax Premium Exhaust for the Nissan GT-R. For $3200 is the HKS GT-R exhaust a ****-poor design too?

Last edited by brads09lancerGT; Oct 25, 2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

That Legamax Premium looks sweet. I'm wondering if something similar couldn't be done with the RA. Obviously single-tip on each exhaust port.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
This thread seemed to be one giant dig at RRE's dyno and methodology.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...o-run-rre.html

In that thread, you seemed to imply that the dyno wasn't being used to properly because we only did a baseline reading. You seemed amenable to the idea of having a baseline versus tuned reading, but now you are complaining again. I just don't get it.

Just tell Mike the power output you want a stock RA to have on the RRE dyno... I'm sure he could take a torch, bust into his dyno, and mess around with it until stock RAs are only putting down 190 whp.
I said the dyno reading was very nice since you were only 14 hp down from the claimed crank HP, yep, that sure seems like a dig to me . I went on further to state that many variables can affect the numbers seen on a dyno, which any shop who dynos cars will know, again a dig . My main point was that dynos are nothing more than tools, they have no intrinsic value.
You are aware that secondchance and I are not the same person, right?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 05:47 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One thing missing is the octane used on those pulls. 91 or 93?

I baselined 200 WHP and 223 ft/lbs and left 241 WHP and 241 ft/lbs because I am a noobie and did not know how to adjust for the Limp Mode crap that Mitsu added to the new ECU. Oh well!

I am pretty sure that I can get 260 WHP and 245 ft/lbs when I go back to the dyno again, now that I figured out (Thanks GST Motorsports) how to disble and adjust the tables to prevent/eliminate the Limp Mode.

With that been said, I think that the gains achieved by RRE are very similar to mine at similar boost level. I was on 93.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT

This is the HKS Legmax Premium Exhaust for the Nissan GT-R. For $3200 is the HKS GT-R exhaust a ****-poor design too?
Your comparing price over function. Just because they priced it at $3200 doesnt mean its worth a ****.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Your comparing price over function. Just because they priced it at $3200 doesnt mean its worth a ****.
Because HKS is well known for releasing sub-par parts.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Same muffler that Magnaflow uses on their EVO X system. We use it on EVO Xs and have made over 350 whp Xs. There are lots of Japanese systems that use a sideways muffler where the pipe enters the muffler straight into the center, They look cute from the outside. But if you look inside with a borescope you would freak out seeing the perforated holes the air has to blow through.

This Magnaflow muffler far outflows the capacity of the stock RA turbo. For a guy staying with a stock cat and stock turbo, the car dynos the same with this **** poor muffler as it does a straight pipe back there.

Originally Posted by joedr
One thing missing is the octane used on those pulls. 91 or 93?

We only get 91 octane here in California.

Mike W
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
You are aware that secondchance and I are not the same person, right?
Yes, I do realize that, and you generally do provide good information on this site. However, you are also very opinionated, which can incite passionate and unproductive arguments (not saying that is your fault, btw), and sometimes your posts can be interpreted as being sarcastic. If that was not your intention, then I apologize.

But bringing this back to topic again:

Mike, do you think that Magnaflow system would work well with an EVO X turbo swap?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by show time
Love that exhaust! RRE are you planing on pre-manufacturing the axle back for sale? And if so what kind of price would we be talking about for it? The exhaust and FMIC look like a great fitment. What do you guys have planned down the ROAD for the R/A? And how much was the X FMIC?
LOL

I had to quote myself. Any thing on answers to any of my question? Except from anyone that owns a subby.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by show time
LOL

I had to quote myself. Any thing on answers to any of my question? Except from anyone that owns a subby.
You're probably going to have to wait for Mike to get back on to answer some of those questions. From the sounds of it, a lot of their work is custom, so I don't know if they would be able to prefab it and send it to you.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

That's kinda what I was thinking, but hoping for the best. The axle back and X FMIC are my next two mods. Just trying to find the best bang for the buck. And RRM was where 90% of the mods on my GTS came from so..........
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure they could probably fab one and test fit it before sending it out to you. I'm sure they have some Ralliarts laying around somewhere.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:06 PM

anyone that wants to buy evo x stock fmic and piping shut me a pm i have one for sale 300 for the kit pick up or 340 shipped anywhere in u s A

check this post on evo x forums

http://www.evoxforums /forums/showthread.php?t=21517
Old Oct 27, 2009, 07:37 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
This thread seemed to be one giant dig at RRE's dyno and methodology.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...o-run-rre.html

In that thread, you seemed to imply that the dyno wasn't being used to properly because we only did a baseline reading. You seemed amenable to the idea of having a baseline versus tuned reading, but now you are complaining again. I just don't get it.

Just tell Mike the power output you want a stock RA to have on the RRE dyno... I'm sure he could take a torch, bust into his dyno, and mess around with it until stock RAs are only putting down 190 whp.

if he did that, he would have a properly running dyno, as the numbers might be 4-5 low, which is alot better then 20-25 over.

I agree, the baseline is way to high to support the outcome, but the gains are nice.

congrats on that fact!