Notices

346whp uncorrected '09 Ralliart Evo X turbo tuned by TTP!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
Enkei EKM3
nope.. Tenzo R M1 19x8.5
Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8urSuby
nope.. Tenzo R M1 19x8.5
My bad. They do look alike though.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:34 PM

Damn splitting image except for the gloss black, mine is flat.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yea its crazy maybe it was joint design between the two

Question about the QTP Cutout. Does it improve performance in any way? And I guess it allows you to keep the stock exhaust but get a little more sound from the engine right?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by boondoc
Yea its crazy maybe it was joint design between the two

Question about the QTP Cutout. Does it improve performance in any way? And I guess it allows you to keep the stock exhaust but get a little more sound from the engine right?
It gives me power, look at my vid of the dyno you'll hear when Scott opens the cutout and it produces more power, cuz it allows the turbo to spool up quicker that's when it made 346 hp and 353 tq.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8urSuby
It gives me power, look at my vid of the dyno you'll hear when Scott opens the cutout and it produces more power, cuz it allows the turbo to spool up quicker that's when it made 346 hp and 353 tq.
Oh i was wondering about that instant jump. Alright, makes sense.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When you take it to the track, run it with the cutout closed until it shifts into 5th, then open the cutout for the power jump since you will not be shifting to 6th.... may help just a bit

Keith
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
When you take it to the track, run it with the cutout closed until it shifts into 5th, then open the cutout for the power jump since you will not be shifting to 6th.... may help just a bit

Keith
There is a distinct difference in tuning needed between open and closed. He has been instructed to run it only closed until we can get a handle on the inability of the ECU to shift the car on time. Running it open will lean out teh car too much. We did not want to tune it on cutout open and have it be slower on cutout closed because of a rich situation so after it was tuned in 4th, we closed the cutout and retuned it for 1320' on a closed cutout.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
There is a distinct difference in tuning needed between open and closed. He has been instructed to run it only closed until we can get a handle on the inability of the ECU to shift the car on time. Running it open will lean out teh car too much. We did not want to tune it on cutout open and have it be slower on cutout closed because of a rich situation so after it was tuned in 4th, we closed the cutout and retuned it for 1320' on a closed cutout.
i hear you!

I used a QTP downpipe in my old Subaru wagon, and had it tuned for running with the cutout open, and just ran a bit rich at WOT with it closed... different situation since I didn't have problems shifting either way I just ran with it open at the track, and it didn't really matter for daily driving where I was closed loop 95% of the time.

Another option for shifting with the cutout open.... put it into sport mode, and manual shift it, and treat it like a true manual by lifting off the throttle when you pull the paddle to upshift. Reducing the torque load should allow it to shift, and then you go back to WOT. I used to do this just for fun in my MR... makes the car sound like a true manual going through the gears instead of it sounding like an automatic. If you practice at this, the shift should be almost as quick as leaving it in drive

Later,

Keith
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:14 PM
Account Disabled

i hear you!

I used a QTP downpipe in my old Subaru wagon, and had it tuned for running with the cutout open, and just ran a bit rich at WOT with it closed... different situation since I didn't have problems shifting either way I just ran with it open at the track, and it didn't really matter for daily driving where I was closed loop 95% of the time.

Another option for shifting with the cutout open.... put it into sport mode, and manual shift it, and treat it like a true manual by lifting off the throttle when you pull the paddle to upshift. Reducing the torque load should allow it to shift, and then you go back to WOT. I used to do this just for fun in my MR... makes the car sound like a true manual going through the gears instead of it sounding like an automatic. If you practice at this, the shift should be almost as quick as leaving it in drive

Later,

Keith
I dunno. It's not my car. In the few hours working with it we did try all modes as well as manual. At WOT the car would not respond to your paddle inputs due to excessive torque. Have not tried lifting the throttle however with drive by wire, I really don't trust that the car does what you tell it to do with the gas pedal anyhow. Frickin electronics... It would be interesting to retrofit a cable throttle cable in there. Maybe boomba can make something while Tephra removes the TPS error codes from the ECU. Who knows. We are still early with this car.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:21 AM
Account Disabled

Reducing the torque load should allow it to shift, and then you go back to WOT. I used to do this just for fun in my MR... makes the car sound like a true manual going through the gears instead of it sounding like an automatic. If you practice at this, the shift should be almost as quick as leaving it in drive

Later,

Keith
There are limit maps for the SST much like airflow/torque limit maps for the motor. Also shift clamp force, etc. I've run into this very same problem and fixed it with these maps.

When you need them Keith, you'll know. Let me know when you do.

A sample:

- bryan
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:27 AM
EvoM Moderator

Hi Bryan!

Where can I find the address(es) or definition for the tables? I am at 1.42 in ECUFlash and they are not defined or showned... even on the developer level.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gst motorsports
there are limit maps for the sst much like airflow/torque limit maps for the motor. Also shift clamp force, etc. I've run into this very same problem and fixed it with these maps.

When you need them keith, you'll know. Let me know when you do.

a sample:

- bryan
gst where are you guys located at?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:53 AM

what did you raise the rev limit to? can i get the limit on my tune raised as well? (im the guy from new mexico with the boost pill map mixup yesterday)
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

how about that blitz throttle control gadget? plug and play one? its supose to control throttle like a "super sport mode"

Quick Reply: 346whp uncorrected '09 Ralliart Evo X turbo tuned by TTP!