Notices

346whp uncorrected '09 Ralliart Evo X turbo tuned by TTP!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:51 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
If you are confused why a Red makes less torque than a stock turbo, its no surprise that you work at "Mitsu dealer".
So now your bashing where i work?

I guess when you pay to be a vendor the rules don't apply?

At any rate, i've yet to see a track slip to back up the claims. Ams tunes seem to be running 13.5. Ams themselves ran a 13.2 i believe. If the car is truly making that much power, 13.2 or lower is the number we should see. Especially at sea level.

Once those numbers became real or unobtainable which ever is the case... then the problem is solved.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by starz

At any rate, i've yet to see a track slip to back up the claims. Ams tunes seem to be running 13.5. Ams themselves ran a 13.2 i believe. If the car is truly making that much power, 13.2 or lower is the number we should see. Especially at sea level.

Once those numbers became real or unobtainable which ever is the case... then the problem is solved.
There is no problem to solve secondchace, the dyno measures 1320' performance and the times will be the same regardless. Tested it on my own car. 11.1@133 on the dyno, 10.9@134mph at the dragstrip.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
There is no problem to solve secondchace, the dyno measures 1320' performance and the times will be the same regardless. Tested it on my own car. 11.1@133 on the dyno, 10.9@134mph at the dragstrip.
TTP, if you don't mind my asking, which is your personal car that hits 10.9@134?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

there goes thirdchance's account.... let's keep our eyes peeled for fourthchance

Originally Posted by Taranis
The thing I would be concerned about is the long-term reliability of the transmission at those power levels. Yes it may hold it now, but how long will that last? Would hate to have to spend the 10k to get a new transmission long before it would normally be due, as that makes the relatively cheap turbo swap quickly become a whole lot more expensive!

And I'm not hating on anyone. This is just a question I would be wondering about if I was seeking those high numbers. =)

-Taranis
I get what you say but look, it's Izzy's car like TTP says, so it is ultimately the power he wants to be pushing on his car. At this point, we should all rejoice cause we had someone with the ***** to push it above "supposed" transmission limits. Now, I also agree with you on this: he's our Guinea Pig! So, its a matter of time until we see what happens with his tranny

I already stated above that our tranny has to be the exact same thing on an MR and the MR is already doing over 300lbs stock
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:25 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
TTP, if you don't mind my asking, which is your personal car that hits 10.9@134?
The one in my avatar.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jazket
there goes thirdchance's account.... let's keep our eyes peeled for fourthchance

I get what you say but look, it's Izzy's car like TTP says, so it is ultimately the power he wants to be pushing on his car. At this point, we should all rejoice cause we had someone with the ***** to push it above "supposed" transmission limits. Now, I also agree with you on this: he's our Guinea Pig! So, its a matter of time until we see what happens with his tranny

I already stated above that our tranny has to be the exact same thing on an MR and the MR is already doing over 300lbs stock
i very much agree with this.. but can we accurately call him a guinea pig? Is it possible for some SST's to be stronger then others (or should i say more reliable)? What i mean by this is if i did the same mods to my car and went and got the same tune.. would are "lives" of r transmission still be similar?

annnyywwaayyss.. Awesome numbers TTP!! how r u looking to fix the shifting problem? The torque is not letting the car shift on time so my question is what makes the MR able to? s-sport?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:03 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kbittn03
The torque is not letting the car shift on time so my question is what makes the MR able to? s-sport?
Different SST software tables. Clamp rate and requested torque load vs clamp rate, etc.

- Bryan
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kbittn03
i very much agree with this.. but can we accurately call him a guinea pig? Is it possible for some SST's to be stronger then others (or should i say more reliable)? What i mean by this is if i did the same mods to my car and went and got the same tune.. would are "lives" of r transmission still be similar?

annnyywwaayyss.. Awesome numbers TTP!! how r u looking to fix the shifting problem? The torque is not letting the car shift on time so my question is what makes the MR able to? s-sport?
but the lives of your transmissions will be completly different. How you drive, where you drive, where you live, the temperature, it all comes into play. We've already had guys here with a faulty tranny and NO mods... and I've got close to as many bolt-ons as there available on the RA and a custom flash, and (thank god and knock on wood) my tranny feels like new

I think the less load you put on the TC-SST with such numbers the longer it'd last. And I think Izzy only bangs the crap out of his RA when he's at the drag strip (I think!)

Different SST software tables. Clamp rate and requested torque load vs clamp rate, etc.

- Bryan
So Bryan, this is just a matter of figuring out how to deal wit the TCU stuff right?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:44 PM

i struggle to find this as a positive. You payed someone to tune your car so it could function and be reliable. The power numbers are cute.. 115 whp gain is nice, but at what cost? one would think 80-90 whp gain and lower torque gains that stay within the sst's comfort zone would have made for a better story/ driving experience.
Look you stupid A$$!!!!! Don't be a hater, and its always something with you NEWBIES or worse KNOW IT ALLS!!! Stick to your swaping parts at the dealer, leave the performance to the ppl that know what their talking about., like TTP. If I feel like pushing my car to the limit that's my car not yours, you don't believe its pushing those numbers i can give a F--K!!!! Stay behind the computer with your smack talking. By the way when i had 300 WHP my best run was 13.01 @ 103.4 , so do your homework before you post.

Last edited by 8urSuby; Oct 28, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8urSuby
It's okay. I think he's gone now.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
It's okay. I think he's gone now.
Just the little girl i thought he would be. Laterz lol!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

(TTp -->) I kill your account like a caca roach STARZ!!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket

What a loser!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

nice, love the wheels
Old Oct 29, 2009, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

^that was with JUST a tune and pill.

I too would like to see a timeslip, especially now since 8ursuby is at 340+
I dont think anyone has posted a slip with that much WHP from an RA yet.

Quick Reply: 346whp uncorrected '09 Ralliart Evo X turbo tuned by TTP!