Notices

"New" Borla Catback for 09 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BravoZero
Then you're out of luck, no two systems from different manufacturers are the same. What you have now won't work with just the rear section on the Borla system.

So let me get this straight... you have a custom setup from the downpipe back to the end of the car to just a Magnaflow muffler? Why do you need three resonators?

Maybe if you post a pic or two under your car we can understand your setup a little better.
It killed the drone on the freeway and lost the Raspyness, now its silky smooth, but i thought I'd go with a real setup like this, but i guess I'm better off just staying with what i got, I may have the same sound, if im not louder than this, cause some are saying the Borla is too quite at times. Mine is too since you can have a conversation in the car while driving, but when you FLoor it all Hell lets loose, most likely from the Turbo allowing all the sound to exhaust the Exhaust much quicker, than if you were naturally aspirated, which doesnt have the air that moves the sound out quicker.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

I meant allowing the air to exit the exhaust, stupid phone screwed almost the entire message, hopefully get the jest of what im saying
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Im wondering if they offer an axle back for borla? Would this create the same sound as a catback? I know it wouldnt be as loud, but im looking into only a axle back..
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ArtofRalli
Im wondering if they offer an axle back for borla? Would this create the same sound as a catback? I know it wouldnt be as loud, but im looking into only a axle back..
Borla only makes a catback system for the Ralliart, period.

If you're wanting an axleback, look elsewhere, like UR.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Come on income tax Im getting myself a borla
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:20 PM

1000+ for an exhaust nopeee!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hfransen116

They can be had for around $825 with shipping included. That's in the same ball park as UR which seems to be the most popular choice for RA guys.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hfransen116
Originally Posted by p1llar
They can be had for around $825 with shipping included. That's in the same ball park as UR which seems to be the most popular choice for RA guys.
Exactly.

hfransen116, do some research before just throwing the MSRP out there. I got mine for about $850 shipped, and with the quality of Borla's exhaust systems, that's a no-brainer.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Same here. I want a Borla! but with so many things going to the car right now I have to wait. lol.. Don't want wife to kill me.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Installed the borla, problem is a fat leak after my midpipe. The test pipe I have is big compared to the borla cbe midpipe. So the gasket doesn't cover it completely. Sorta confused on why there is such a mismatch, but I will figure it out tomorrow. It is super loud, and any throttle just makes it louder. When I look underneath its easy to see the leak, I sprayed lubricant around it to see where it was leaking and it was spurting out pretty bad.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Will a shop replace the gasket cheap?

Any help is nice, thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

You can buy liquid gakset, that's what i did when my tsudo 3" testpipe did not fit perfect with my 2.75" midpipe. I coated the flange like crazy with it, let it cure for 10 hrs or so. It's been fine for a few months so far. There was a noticable decrease in how loud my car was too.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Installed the borla, problem is a fat leak after my midpipe. The test pipe I have is big compared to the borla cbe midpipe. So the gasket doesn't cover it completely. Sorta confused on why there is such a mismatch, but I will figure it out tomorrow. It is super loud, and any throttle just makes it louder. When I look underneath its easy to see the leak, I sprayed lubricant around it to see where it was leaking and it was spurting out pretty bad.

Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jechttt

When you say midpipe, you mean you're having a leak out of the pipe that connects to the rear tip section right?

Post a pic of exactly what's wrong. I never had any issues installing mine.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, between the midpipe and testpipe. Ill run the autozone or something for the liquid gasket stuff. Any type of brand to consider?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jechttt
Yes, between the midpipe and testpipe. Ill run the autozone or something for the liquid gasket stuff. Any type of brand to consider?
If it's a leak coming from the test pipe and midpipe, then the answer to my question should have been a no.

I take it you have a 3" test pipe? I can see it might causing a slight issue with the 2.75" Borla piping, but not enough to cause that much of a leak. I'd start off by getting a new gasket first, make sure it's a 3" gasket instead of the OEM size, that might be your problem. Also make sure the bolts are tightened properly.

Quick Reply: "New" Borla Catback for 09 Ralliart