Notices

VisionArtz 2010 Ralliart Sportback Tuned @ TTP-Engineering!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 02:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VisionArtz 2010 Ralliart Sportback Tuned @ TTP-Engineering!

Well we had the pleasure of working with the new 2010 Lancer Sportback Hatch over the past few days. The new look is definitely interesting. Definitely one of those car's that grows on your over time.

Luke brought his new 900 mile old Sportback to us just wanting to see what he could do to get a bit more performance out of it. We spoke about replacing the inferior plastic blow off valve with a quality unit made from billet aluminum which could withstand the forces of higher boost than stock. Before long he settled on a Forge Motorsport Evo15 valve in polished aluminum. Made in the UK with a lifetime warranty, he could not go wrong. Along with the new valve and armed with our intake dyno testing data, we decided that the best course of action for an intake on the Ralliart would be a dry panel high flow intake air filter from HKS.

With the HKS panel filter installed along with the new valve, Luke wanted a way to determine how much boost the car was making. We recommended the Prosport 52mm Peak Hold Premium boost gauge from us. With settable boost warning and recall of peak boost with the press of a button, even if he was not looking at the gauge while in boost, he would be able to hit the peak/hold button and tell what boost level the car had been running at.

Once the gauge was installed, the intake filter and BOV were on, it was ready to hit the dyno. We strapped down the 2010 and ran a baseline WITH the HKS panel filter and metal blow off valve to the tune of 218whp @ 1.00CF on our Mustang Dyno AWD-500 Euro.

Once the baseline was laid down, we began optimizing the engine ECU airfuel ratio, ignition timing figures, boost mapping, MIVEC cam advance programming and getting the car to yield to our commands. Once we optimized a few 4th gear pulls on the SST 6sp transmission, we added our TTP stage 1 Boost hose to the car and gained an additional 11whp on the first pull and added the stage 2 boost hose and power climbed again to 250whp.

As we have stated many times in the past, we do not want to tune a 6sp semi-automatic transmission to run well in one gear. It is very important to us not to get caught up in one gear dynosheet numbers when tuning a Ralliart AWD or Evo X MR because you simply to not drive these cars like that in real life and the car is always shifting for you. We strive to tune them while datalogging real world conditions so that maximum performance can be obtained at all times instead of just a single gear check.

In the end, the car performed well and gained about 54whp on the top end alone.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice gains! The car looks good in white.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

I have never heard of a boost hose upgrade; what is it?

Are they available and how much do they run?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Is there really a problem with tuning our cars in one gear? This is the first I've ever heard anyone infer that tuning in one gear was cutting corners in regards to obtaining a high quality custom tune.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 05:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Slee256
Is there really a problem with tuning our cars in one gear? This is the first I've ever heard anyone infer that tuning in one gear was cutting corners in regards to obtaining a high quality custom tune.
On a twin clutch SST driven vehicle we are able to measure other performance and trapspeed related data which can be improved while maintaining optimized engine performance while shifting gear.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
As we have stated many times in the past, we do not want to tune a 6sp semi-automatic transmission to run well in one gear.
Do you carry a DAQ or DAQ-II? If so, I might be interesting in picking one up when I get back to Orlando in March.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:21 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
Do you carry a DAQ or DAQ-II? If so, I might be interesting in picking one up when I get back to Orlando in March.
Not sure what you are referring to? DashDaq II?

Yes we are a dealer for them and I have one at the shop for various data acquisition and recording, performance measurement and diagnostics however our fully fledged integrated ZEITRONIX data acquisition system is integrated into our dyno so that both the dyno and my laptop can record all critical data concurrently for review and so the proper action can be taken to optimize the very best tune for our customers.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psycho09RA
I have never heard of a boost hose upgrade; what is it?

Are they available and how much do they run?
+1 what is this part???? More importantly, how much is it??????

I have a HKS panel filter and SSQV plumb back. This looks like a worth while part to get for decent numbers.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

I'm guessing this "boost hose upgrade" is a new hose assembly with a boost pill pre-installed?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

Our boost hose is a proprietary line we have developed which is much easier to install, use and revert back to stock if needed. We do not require any boost pills with our ecu tuning to achieve the desired boost level.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:59 PM
Account Disabled

I have yet to see one of these hatch backs in person. Great stuff. I'll be on the look out for one.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

^Is your name Chad by any chance?

Is there any pics of the hose setup that you are using?

Last edited by japan101; Jan 26, 2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Our boost hose is a proprietary line we have developed which is much easier to install, use and revert back to stock if needed. We do not require any boost pills with our ecu tuning to achieve the desired boost level.
Sounds interesting.

Is it available for purchase?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 04:46 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by japan101
^Is your name Chad by any chance?

Is there any pics of the hose setup that you are using?
Yes, that is my name. What hose setup are you speaking of?

PM me.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry I meant that question for TTP Chad. The reason I asked your name was I think I know you from way back in the day. I sent you a pm.

Quick Reply: VisionArtz 2010 Ralliart Sportback Tuned @ TTP-Engineering!