Notices

The safest amount of torque

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chlucero
lol techinacally thats not true. It is actually above 0 weirdly enough. You can plot a bear-morris ( I think that is what is called, Not to sure though, might be modified goodman diagram.) chart of any mechanical member or system with enough information of course ( material properties, geometry, life cycle loading, errosoin, ect..). Anyways it will show you that there is a infinite opertains point (really low and pointless most of the time) where any kinetic loading under this specific kinetic loading point will not cause elastic deformation in your member. Also, your tranny won't neccisarly fail because of how much torque is applied on it. In reality failure is caused through kinetic loading which is the sum of all the energy inputs into a member. Torque ( its not really the torque its the power input to the system) just so happens to be the dominate factor (motst of the time). Remeber Horse Power is energy and its equal to the scalar dot product of torque and angular velocity HP=T*rpm. Anyways, just a fun fact!
Wooh dude you totally blew my mind man haha
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just out of curiousity who is doing youre tune, theres only one awd dyno around and , i dont trust the numbers. youre probably gonna be over 300whp