Notices

Evo X Turbo + Goodies Installed Soon

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart with Evo X Turbo + Goodies Installed

Just wanted to start a thread to document my setup as I go through the process of swapping over to an X turbo setup. As of right now I am waiting and praying all my parts come in time for my tuning appointment with AMS on FEB 15. Chris has been more than helpful giving me some suggestions on additional parts to buy to achieve some solid numbers. My goal is 300+ whp and whatever Chris finds to be 100% safe and reliable for TQ this is my DD so trans issues down the road need to be avoided. Keep in mind I tried to keep this a budget build, working part time and going to college full time keeps funds tight. As of right now including the tune I have just shy of $1400 in all of the parts after selling my stock parts. In addition to the parts listed by AMS I have also purchased:

Evo X FMIC
Injen knockoff UICP and Intake
Evo IX Metal BPV
UR O2/Downpipe and TP
GST Boost Pill
AMS small battery relocated to the trunk

I will try to keep you all updated as I start installing parts and of course some dyno sheets after the 15th

Results:

I didn't have a baseline since I needed to install everything before traveling to AMS. Chris said of the Ralliarts they have had on their dyno they are consistant at around 190 hp.

Last edited by Kieffer87; Mar 21, 2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:32 PM

Sorry if this is obvious, but what do you mean by, "In addition to the parts listed by AMS"? where is the list?

once again sorry if its obvious, but im new here, and im lookin for some help. i basically wanna do exactly what you're doing
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...arts-list.html
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Yep I got everything on this list. In addition you will want a FMIC, and an intake. A couple guys said it would be possible to keep the factory one by using a 3" coupler.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Sent the intake and UICP off to my buddy last night. He is going to paint them gloss black and if he has time airbrush imitation carbon fiber. I should have them back next week and post some pictures. UR O2/Downpipe and Testpipe should be in tomorrow along with my turbo outlet pipe. It's like christmas around here packages at the door everyday.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:56 PM

Good luck! This looks interesting.
I think I'll need to go this route soon if I have to beat my buddy's Stage 2 '09 wrx at the tracks
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

^^ The same day my buddy is getting his 07 STI tuned, he just has TBE and intake so I'm curious to see how I will compare.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

awesome im doing the same thing just waiting on mits for some gaskets, be sure to includes pics along the way..i just got a new set of die grinder bits from matco today, im doing my own port and polish since ive got the turbo in hand
Old Feb 5, 2010, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart87
awesome im doing the same thing just waiting on mits for some gaskets, be sure to includes pics along the way..i just got a new set of die grinder bits from matco today, im doing my own port and polish since ive got the turbo in hand

I was also going to try this over the weekend, not sure if I will get around to it or not.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Well got my turbo outlet today, that turned out to be the OEM intake pipe. Mitsubishiparts.net are on backorder so it looks like I will have to try and make the ralliart one work, the gasket is the same so I am hoping it's just a bit shorter or longer. Unless someone has one and can get it shipped to me by wednesday .

On a happy note I got my UR O2 housing/Downpipe and TP. They really are a work of art, I want to get another just to keep on my coffee table, good conversation starter.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kieffer87
^^ The same day my buddy is getting his 07 STI tuned, he just has TBE and intake so I'm curious to see how I will compare.
Are you getting it tuned from AMS right after the install?
What are you planning to do about the additional torque gains?

With a nice tune, you should be able to get pretty close to a stage 2 07 STI.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

I saw while it's not install PnP the exhaust mani and turbo!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ck1109
Are you getting it tuned from AMS right after the install?
What are you planning to do about the additional torque gains?

With a nice tune, you should be able to get pretty close to a stage 2 07 STI.

I live 3:30 hours from AMS. I talked to Chris, the tuner at AMS and he sent me a tune to get me there safely. Although it is really going to suck having to baby the car the whole way there!

When I talked with him I made sure he knew this was a DD and needed reliablity but also needed to be fun on the way to work (abuseing the raliart is >> a cup of coffee) and on the weekends. To avoid any big torque spikes he said we would taper the boost in and focus on more higher rpm HP. I'll be honest I don't know much about tuning but I hear AMS knows their stuff
Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laksman91
I saw while it's not install PnP the exhaust mani and turbo!
? Say this again. From what I have heard it is more about smoothing the casting and taking out imperfections than actually doing a port and polish job. I don't think I will have time to mess with it though before the install.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:36 AM

sorry another noob question, but any recomendations on where to get the parts listed on that x swap list?

sorry first time tuning a car at all, and i have a lot of questions but im only letting a lil out at a time lol

Last edited by Powerslide; Feb 6, 2010 at 08:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Evo X Turbo + Goodies Installed Soon