Notices

TC-SST Failure. Imporant!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mxzas
I have had this happen since day 1, I believe most people don't report this is because the majority do not drive in manual mode.
Mostly happens when I'm making a turn and the SST grinds on the gear for a little while and will eventually upshift. I believe it's a self-protective mechanism that when you slip too much (beginning of day, low RPM) it will upshift for you.
+1 . Mine has done this leaving my work parking lot (SST still cold) Never does it after the SST has warmed up. I would not worry to much about it.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys. I own a 09 Ralliart with approximately 74,000 miles on it. When i drive it using manual around 10-15 miles later it gives me the service transmission light on, also shutting the transmission off completely. When i pull the code it reads P1836 shiftfork 1 malfunction i believe. Anyone know why this happens and whats the fix? Again this only happens when i drive in manual. I searched the forums but could not find anything.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 06:13 PM

Ugh! Damn this thread. I have a 2010 RA, with 59,000 miles, and the only issue i have ever had is cold start grinding noise. Reading this thread really makes me want to trade back to my Civic Si. I cannot afford to pay for a new tranny, after warranty. I have 13,500 left on the car, so im kinda reluctant in trading, and starting all over again on car payments -_-
Old Feb 12, 2014, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
^But! Many cars do not have any issue AT ALL. This thread focuses on those that do. See the poll results.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 06:04 AM

^ too late. Traded my RA for a 2013 Civic Si. Good ridance to Mitsu. First and last Mitsu i will ever own
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pepsi_merch
^ too late. Traded my RA for a 2013 Civic Si. Good ridance to Mitsu. First and last Mitsu i will ever own
Wait... what? You traded your car for an inferior vehicle because of issues you've never had, but read about on a forum... And somehow you also felt disappointed about owning the car?
Wow.

Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

the SST's are getting cheaper and cheaper to fix if something happens.
Jack's Transmissions charges 2k for rebuilds.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 02:01 PM

So I am wondering at what point the damage goes from rebuild to replacement of the transmission?
What I am trying to say is: Is the most common failure of the SST (whatever part/piece that is) replaced by a rebuild? Is it the clutches that go mostly or other pieces like the fork?
I just want to understand that IF that light on the dash goes on what will be the most likely point of failure? If that makes any sense??
Old Feb 14, 2014, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Haha. Went to a civic. I just towed my boys accord needin a tranny replaced. Cost 1600$ on the hook up. The facts are if you have a repair or replacement on a premium car expect to pay premium money. I'm sure tranny service on a Chevy cobalt is way cheaper than say an m5. It's all relative. Had to do a rebuild on jeep trans because the reverse drum broke and took out second gear. Price tag- $2700. My point is when you have a high performance car and stuff breaks YOU WILL PAY. If your nice and do all maintenance and baby it you do work at 100k. If you dog it out (nothing wrong with that) you'll just be doing service at 30k. I tell younger kids that I see at car meets and stuff all the time. The car payment is easy, payment plus insurance and upkeep not so easy. If you want cheap maintenance buy a Toyota yaris.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlDim
Wait... what? You traded your car for an inferior vehicle because of issues you've never had, but read about on a forum... And somehow you also felt disappointed about owning the car?
Wow.

And ironically for a car that is known for transmission issues.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

my x mr went into p1831 and 1832 and now missing all even gears.
anyone how to clear those codes?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Read this cover page.

http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/per...code-diagnosis

Hopefully that will help give you some understanding of what's going on.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alsong2002
my x mr went into p1831 and 1832 and now missing all even gears. anyone how to clear those codes?

Check that out.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alsong2002
my x mr went into p1831 and 1832 and now missing all even gears. anyone how to clear those codes?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 02:34 PM

Hi there brotherhood! Hey i just came here today to look at some info, so here is my story:

October 2011 i bought a mistubishi lancer ralliart, it has now 36.500km on it and full warranty...

So let me tell you the story of my TC-SST failure very quick, so around 33.000 i started to fell the car clutch slipping and not changing gears smooth as before some times. Now the car would not do this regularly, once and a while it would have these moments and I was worried about it...

So mitsubishi said it could be electric, bla bla bla, nothing was done! So a little before regular service a light came on in the dashboard saying...: Transmission srvice required and then the car would not shift, so they called me back and said to reset the car and start it back again that most of you are well aware as i can see...

Either way i called them and they took the car in, they ran the codes and i had a report of code: P2733

The diag that has to do with the torque converter or clutch solenoid control...

They also found a leak on the case/cover of the transmission that only God knows when it appeared/happened...

Now this situation is being dealt with as I write this, but what i ask to all good samaritans and those that had the same unfortunate problems is...:

if the leak and therfore lack of oil/fluid could have caused the symptoms and the appearing of code: P2733

And if anyone has had this same issue before and had their transmission replaced for a new one since im fully covered by warranty and the lack of attention and negligence of the dealerships to detect the leak before it would damage the transmission or the light to appear and therefore the code: P2733

The lack of info on their side and the time to get back to me with a solution is making me feel uncomforable and suspecious about what they are gonna come up with...

So please if you read this get back to me asap so i can go with wisdom/light and not the darkness they try to cover me about the issue... What im reading here about many of you is making me realize there is much more to it than they tell me!

P.S- even though a "baby" to the forum let me congratulate the forum and its users thanking all of you for shedding light on many issues and giving the owners a voice to be heard and understood! I wish you all good luck, thank you

Quick Reply: TC-SST Failure. Imporant!