Notices

TC-SST Failure. Imporant!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powerslide
i had my ralliart for 2 DAYS before i had to get it replaced. let me repeat. 2 DAYS!!!!

on the way to the dealership, it died 11 times, and the dealership is maybe 30 min away. It honestly felt like someone just learning how to drive manual on the take offs, it would bounce and immediately die. they took out my transmission and replaced it with a new one. It took two weeks after that to get the car back. longest two weeks of my life.

Rides perfect now tho, However, i wish i read this before i bought the evo x turbo
how many miles on with her?? having clutch problems?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by bacquerel
how many miles on with her?? having clutch problems?
less than 100.

i think 87.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

so thats about 1700kms? hmm... i might consider buying another car. any suggestions?? below 40k
Old Mar 4, 2010, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Stupid question, but you can't even replace the clutch disks on the sst? Possibly upgrade the clutch discs? That's pretty sad if you can't even replace the clutch discs in this tranny. That's normal wear and tear on any normal manual and this is just a computer controlled manual.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hahaha YES! SSP came out with a new clutch kit for the MR / Ralliart. The biggest problem currently isnt the transmission really, its being able to crack the TCU. Once they are able to do this BAM! My Ralliart is getting those clutchs and try to be one of the first few to get about 400hp on a Ralliart :].

And the biggest thing with the transmission on these cars is being able to understand how the dual clutch works and how the TCU affects it.

Everyone should read more then just these current post about people complaining about one or two problems when there is a whole world out there and its maybe what 1/250 Ralliarts having problems? You got to pay to play, if your saying your car is stock then, no offense intended, but why are you reading these fourms when ur car is completely covered by warrenty and you have 'no intentions to mod'.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Well that's good to know about the clutch discs for future referance. I'm not to worried about my SST going. I don't race it or drag it but do drive spirited at times on the back roads and I am modded. I have almost the same mods as Jazket (AMS flash and boost pill, HKS filter, and I have a UR catback). Nothing extreme but modded none the less.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bacquerel
so how many kms when this problem started? and has anyone been OK with theirs so far meaning no clutch problems ??

im a little worried to get the 2010 RA now =(
99% of RA owners are fine
Almost 11k kms on mine now (since June 30)

And as long as you keep things stock, you have a warranty to fall back on. If you intend to mod, well, pay to play has been repeated ad nauseum already but here it is again: you gotta pay to play.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

And if you don't have the money to "pay to play"... don't buy an RA just to race/drag it lol... but a used car with a manual transmission. The RA is NOT a race/drag car (at least in stock form).
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:10 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Honestly, I'm surprised that Evos and Talons can handle some drag racing without upgrades (very limited). I mean an AWD drivetrain is a pretty complicated system when it comes to launching. Pretty impressive they can handle the abuse. Though I would like to point out they are still fragile. The VIII -> IXs were prone to the ring gear in the transfer case breaking, and the Xs have center differential pins that break. This is after repeated attempts usually.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tipoytm
And if you don't have the money to "pay to play"... don't buy an RA just to race/drag it lol... but a used car with a manual transmission. The RA is NOT a race/drag car (at least in stock form).
Exactly haha. Just a fancy AWD Automatic for the spirited driver.
If you're a Makinen-wannabe (like a bunch of us here), get something else lol!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, I'm guilty... I would love to go to the track regulary and flog my X, but I just don't have the money. Heck, I don't even have enough $$ to mod my car, hence it's completely stock... my wife won't spare me 400 bucks just to tune it the first month I got the car. So, what did I do? Saved up on the tactrix cable ($160), downloaded one of the freebie ROMs in the tuning forum, and did my own tweaking =)
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tipoytm
Hey, I'm guilty... I would love to go to the track regulary and flog my X, but I just don't have the money. Heck, I don't even have enough $$ to mod my car, hence it's completely stock... my wife won't spare me 400 bucks just to tune it the first month I got the car. So, what did I do? Saved up on the tactrix cable ($160), downloaded one of the freebie ROMs in the tuning forum, and did my own tweaking =)
Same here but when I bought the car I planned on getting parts for the car. What I didn't plan on was getting into an accident lol hopefully they don't notice the huge *** FMIC when they are fixing the car...
Old Mar 4, 2010, 07:36 PM

13000km not one problem with it. I dont race/drag but i do some times step on it. I have a CP-e cat back and cobb stage 1 93 oct. nice sound and power out of it ( thanks COBB) and more to come. But when it comes to the trans tc sst i do know they have a tendency to heat up more then normal the oil cooler that it has is no good its a joke. the tc sst for ralliart 09 is $12450 here in canada i talked to the guys in dealership gave them my vin. All this talkin that trans. is goin and slipping not one of u was saying that u heard gears breaking or crunching or anything goin boom in it just that it slips, now as much as i know from post here when u go over 290tq its bound to slip after few month. TCU is not cracked yeath it will be soon im sure but i know when it comes to programing u can always limit the user on how much of a program he can use for ex MR add power to it and no prob no slip but add power to ralliart and thats at 290tq and u have problems ( and this 290tq i dont think anyone even know the actual number cause no one here talked to Getrag about it as much as i know) could it be that they put in software safety limiter because it is ralliart and it cant be better then MR ( same power for less $$$$$) its posible cause u can do that. So guys/girls please wait for the TCU to be cracked and then go from there all this talkin back is a waist of time. Any trans that was made by man was able to be fixed at home in your garage i am sure next year there will be parts to fix them. So if u scared to mod then wait if not go hard and c what happens but dont blame mitsy for it cause they are not the only ones that kill the warrenty if moded Jeep does the same i know from experiance.

Remember everything is fixable u just need $$

Peple are right if u want to play u have to pay
Old Mar 4, 2010, 08:34 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Has anyone compared the MR cooler to the Ralliart cooler? Probably the same but maybe not
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Has anyone compared the MR cooler to the Ralliart cooler? Probably the same but maybe not
Good point. I've never heard/read anything about that either.

Quick Reply: TC-SST Failure. Imporant!