Notices

Project: 2010 Ralliart Sportback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OOa007
Hello bryan. my name is scott i am new to the tuning/modding world, but i have always had a spark of interest. Now that I have a 2010 ralliart sportback (rotor glow) i am really curious about what options i have or that you would recommend to me. Important things for me are reliable,wont void warrenty,price under $5000 or so. and of course to gain some healthy power!! I have read everything about your project sportback and some i understand and some things i dont. U might not have recommendations yet because your project is still going? i noticed you made a good increase with just the tune. can you explian that and where i might be able to get it. u see i live in smaller town kalispell, mt I dont want to lose to much mpg. I have heard healthy tunes u can gain hp,tq and even better mpg is this correct? this is my daily driver car so i cant be getting under 20 all the time anyway any help you can advise I would greatly appericate your expertise advice and look forward to following your project and hopefully 1 day soon I can take the jump in to tune/mod my first car bye
Check out the GST basemap in the engine section. There is a lot of info and the greatest thing is that it is free.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by kimchiboy
Just curious...Have you thought about putting together a stage package with the BBX and a base tune out for the public? after seeing these numbers and the potential, I'd hit it 3 times haha.

I guess thats a no, I was hoping to make a large purchase from you guys in the near future. Considering what you guys have done for the community, Id be very happy to
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled

Did a 560 mile round trip this labor day weekend to Mt. Shasta and back in the Sportback. It's first road trip.

Happy to report the car averaged 24.8 MPG there and 25.3 MPG back, average speed 65 mph according to the dash but I was cruising most of the time on the hwy at 75mph. This was with a bit of WOT fun as well in the mountains.

Very happy with this from a car making 120+ whp then stock and running 1000 cc injectors.

Trip was great until on the way back, a girl in a honda accord decided to run into the back of me *after* we where both stopped in traffic on the hwy.... she hit me hard enough to shove my car forward even with me on the brakes and have her plate numbers formed into my bumper cover, lmao..

Time for a new rear bumper cover and beam, hoping nothing else...

- Bryan
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Damn that sux man
Old Sep 7, 2010, 03:53 AM
Evolving Member

That sucks Bryan. To make lemonade from the lemons, perhaps her insurance can pay for that new, less restrictive muffler you need to replace your damaged one.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Trip was great until on the way back, a girl in a honda accord decided to run into the back of me *after* we where both stopped in traffic on the hwy.... she hit me hard enough to shove my car forward even with me on the brakes and have her plate numbers formed into my bumper cover, lmao..
Sounds exactly like what happened to me last winter, lol except mine was at a stoplight. Hopefully the insurance claim is quick and easy for ya .
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

maybe shes trying to indirectly tell u to get a new set of exhaust =)
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Did a 560 mile round trip this labor day weekend to Mt. Shasta and back in the Sportback. It's first road trip.

Happy to report the car averaged 24.8 MPG there and 25.3 MPG back, average speed 65 mph according to the dash but I was cruising most of the time on the hwy at 75mph. This was with a bit of WOT fun as well in the mountains.

Very happy with this from a car making 120+ whp then stock and running 1000 cc injectors.

Time for a new rear bumper cover and beam, hoping nothing else...

- Bryan
That really sucks! Glad you and your passengers are ok. Is this going to pospone E 85? I think this was a sign for full free flowing exhaust. Add a silencer to keep it quite, maybe? lol
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:56 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by >Cataclysm<
That really sucks! Glad you and your passengers are ok. Is this going to pospone E 85? I think this was a sign for full free flowing exhaust. Add a silencer to keep it quite, maybe? lol

Yea we are fine, my neck is a little sore today, that's it. The car itself is driveable. Exhaust wasn't touched. In fact it's hard to tell the car got hurt if you stand about 20 ft away. lol

I'm just worried about the stuff that you can't see under the bumper cover. We'll see.

First tank of E85 going in today. This weekend I will most likely tune the car for it.

- Bryan
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Yea we are fine, my neck is a little sore today, that's it. The car itself is driveable. Exhaust wasn't touched. In fact it's hard to tell the car got hurt if you stand about 20 ft away. lol

I'm just worried about the stuff that you can't see under the bumper cover. We'll see.

First tank of E85 going in today. This weekend I will most likely tune the car for it.

- Bryan
Lmao, 20 ft away is kinda far. Post a pic!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 08:55 PM
Account Disabled

Now the real fun begins....

- Bryan
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

"Pureformance" lol cute. How does it feel?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:10 PM

Hey Bryan

how did you like my home town surprised i didnt see your car around over the weekend since shasta is so damn small. But then again i didnt make it down town to any of the events.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:05 PM

looking good keep up the good work...
Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Lovin' it!!

Quick Reply: Project: 2010 Ralliart Sportback