Notices

Review: Sprint Booster.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by secondchace
not sure what you mean, if this is sarcasm then cool.
No my quote was to have an awnser.

I want to know if the long wait to accelerate after hitting the gaz will be reduce ?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:52 AM
Account Disabled

yeah there is no wait, at all anymore.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, this sounds like the next greatest thing since stuffed crust pizza!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

I may have to look into the Sprint Booster. Just not sure if it is worth $329 though.

Anyone know the difference between the one for the EvoX and the regular Lancer and which one is recommended for the Ralliart?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Psycho09RA
I may have to look into the Sprint Booster. Just not sure if it is worth $329 though.

Anyone know the difference between the one for the EvoX and the regular Lancer and which one is recommended for the Ralliart?
Their are generally only two modules for the Mitsubishi 2008+ Lancer Family of cars (Lancer, Ralliart, EVO X). One is for the manual which is tuned to be more sensitive in the lower range of the throttle. The second is the auto module which is tuned to be more senstive in the middle of the throttle.

so the Ralliart Auto one is compatible with the Lancer CVT and the EVO X SST
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Okay I see now, lol. I just looked at the Part #'s and the EvoX Auto and Lancer Auto are the same.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

im intrigued by this product, I think it seems worth the 3 bills cause that delay time is so annoying sometimes, specially when u see a van take off faster than u lol
Old Apr 1, 2010, 01:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RotorGlow
Wow, this sounds like the next greatest thing since stuffed crust pizza!

mmmmm stuffed crust

I dunno rotor, go to southside mits, they may have em, who knows. Maybe if u tell them that platinum is letting people try them out, they might as well.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by secondchace
yes like a normal car haha. That would be a good way to describe it.
lol. i think he meant to ask if its similar to the response you get on a direct cable-style throttle, which i would also like to know. im guessing by your responses, the answer is yes, but just looking for some confirmation. thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 03:03 PM
Account Disabled

yeah the response is basically instant. there is no hesitation at all, not even in reverse as i found out today haha.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Ok that's it this is going on the list now
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Can't wait till Amby finds this thread. Gonna be fun
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Too late, snake oil does taste pretty good. It should be noted that according to Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by Sprint Booster
Sprint Booster makes your car's throttle respond faster to your foot. As a result, your gas pedal actually achieves a full throttle response 25% sooner than the stock configuration. Even if you have a 'sport' button, Sprint Booster will quicken the throttle response time. By making the throttle respond faster to your input, you will feel as though your car has more muscle than it really does!

• Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.

• Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.

• Sprint Booster DOES make your car 'FEEL' faster.

• Sprint Booster is not for everyone.
Therefore it doesn't make you accelerate faster, it simple changes the pedal movement required to hit a specific throttle position giving the impression that it makes you accelerate faster. I also see no reason how it could make you shift faster. If you race, the product would be useless since you're rarely in a situation where you're either not off the throttle, maintaining neutral throttle or at full throttle. It's the electronic equivalent of tightening the throttle cable. If you're happy paying 300$ for that, go nuts and enjoy.

Last edited by ambystom01; Apr 1, 2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_soul
there is a diff with the blitz vs. sprint booster. SB modifies the throttle curve while the Blitz straight out amplifies it in 3 different levels. The SB i find is best with automatics while the manual version would perform similar to the blitz.
How? This is the one question that has never been answered, how can a product that takes the throttle position signal, amplifies it and sends another signal to the ECU change the throttle curve?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 08:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01
How? This is the one question that has never been answered, how can a product that takes the throttle position signal, amplifies it and sends another signal to the ECU change the throttle curve?
if what i wrote didnt make sense let me analysis one of the default images sprintbooster uses.

Grabbing an image right off google search images. we have the following image.

This application is likely for a Automatic transmission. Now of course not every SB is tuned exactly the same, different modules have different connectors and every car has different voltages for their throttle control. but we will just use this specific curve to make the point.

Keeping the throttle curve in the same in the low end makes perfect sense for an automatic transmission. Why??? Because you wouldnt want the feeling of a jerky start when you touch the pedal. Basically making the point that this isnt just a straight up amplification of throttle thru out the range. Getting back to the point about the rest of the curve. the most important part of the Automatic versions is tuning the throttle curve to be sensitive in the middle. Giving the driver a great feel / response. Not all curves are the same of course, but you get the idea. Some seem to think that this one picture alone explains everything about the sprint booster. Below is another picture showing a completely different curve. Allow me to explain that one as well.

This image would likely represent a Manual sprint booster module. Notice how the curve is radically different. The low end of the throttle is more sensitive but as you can see this curve beings to rejoin the normal throttle line. This would give a driver a very peppy throttle feel for driving stick / manual. Some enjoy the livelier throttle and I must admit will make people shift alittle more aggressive then they might normally. but this module invites that behavior, engaging in other words

Does that make sense for your Amby?

Quick Reply: Review: Sprint Booster.